What Do You Do When The Cards Run Cold?

Man am I on a bad run. I've been 2nd best handed and sucked out on like I have never been before. It makes you play differently, it makes you want to stop playing all together. This has been going on for about a month now. What can you do to stop this? Any ideas?

I did it.. Actually had no desire to play.Got back into it today. Won a qualifyer to 100+8... then was card dead in that.

I go to a cheapy table (.02/.04 LHE) with like $10 and cap every street on every hand till I'm broke or I feel better. It's really a good place to work out the monkey tilt / cold deck syndrome. B)

Had the same kind of DAY. ha oh man it has only been a day but sucked so much. I think the best thing to do is laugh it off and walk away. Talk to people about hwo you plays hands is the best thing to do. If it is going on for a month i assure you its not just bad luck.

Everybody who could honestly do this raise your hand.
i've done it.. mostly because i was working two jobs and had very little time for poker.

As much as i hate Jim rome for being the world biggest prick he did say something recently about pot that you can parallel to poker. The worst thing for a poker player is free time and boy do i have alot of that.

i lost KK to 2 people that had JJ and....JJ. was a fun way to spend $100 in a tourney.i can take a break for a couple days, and sometimes a week when it seems like everything is going the wrong way, but a couple weeks would be pretty darn tough.

1) Take at least 24 hrs off w/o thinking about, reading about, watching, or playing poker.2) Buy Zen and the Art of Poker and read a few chapters that will focus your mind.3) Write down your goals in poker and repeat them to yourself until you are focused on the task at hand.4) Step back into battle with your focus and remember that when the war starts the best weapons don't always win. A few well timed won battles can lead you to winning the war even w/o the the best guns (cards)

when im cold decked, i usually play really bad and end up losing a lot of money..... but i suck

You grind through it.Bad runs are inevitable. Have a few poker friends to talk to to help you get through. But don't annoy them, or you won't have any. A little pep talk sometimes help.But, in the end, it's up to you playing through it...- Jordan

Play some blackjack.She'll treat you worse than poker ever could.Sort of like jamming an ice pick in your leg to take your mind off of your headache.And it works.

yeah i usually just lose. I've had the annoying habit of playing really smart, good poker for about 3 hours making about 400 and losing it all in about half an hour recently going on monkey tilt when my set gets sucked out to runner runner flush. I lose 3 times as much cause I suck at losing my mind than I do from the hand (well usually it takes a couple) than I do from the pot that set me off. working on it.