Well the NBA suspended Stackhouse for Game 5. I cant say I'm suprised. The NBA has been consistent with this all season long and in the playoffs. Stackhouse gave a hard foul in which he made no play on the ball and intentionally made contact with Shaq in the head and upper chest area. I was anticipating they would suspend him for that.Do I think Stackhouse should be suspended? Not really, but I understand the NBA's position. About 10 years ago, there would be no suspension, but thats not the NBA atmosphere right now. The NBA just doesnt want that rough stuff in the game. Game 5 wil be huge for the Heat. They have every advantage they could want. The have the momentum with next game at home, and now Stackhouse will be out. If the Heat are real championship team, they'll win Game 5 easily. If the lose game 5, the series is over.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 5 wil be huge for the Heat. They have every advantage they could want. The have the momentum with next game at home, and now Stackhouse will be out. If the Heat are real championship team, they'll win Game 5 easily. If the lose game 5, the series is over.
QFTNothin really more to add here. The Stackhouse foul was hard and intentional, but I'm not sure if it warranted a suspension
QFTNothin really more to add here. The Stackhouse foul was hard and intentional, but I'm not sure if it warranted a suspension
In todays NBA it does. He never even made an attempt at the ball, if he injures someone doing that then the series is screwed.Considering the little crap that artest got suspended for, you can't be suprised that Stacks cheapshot got him suspended. I was shocked he didnt get tossed from the game.

The suspension's pretty much consistent with the rest of the penalties handed out in the postseason, although not everything was necessarily on the same level.prince is right, however. The Heat need to win Game 5 a hell of a lot more than the Mavs do, even though Dallas would supposedly be reeling after losing three straight. Remember, it wasn't too long ago every analyst was saying the Heat were completely done after that Game 2 thwacking.

Anybody else currently watching this game?? The game is tied at 74-74 with 9 minutes left to play. Nice little comeback for the Heat since they were down 11 towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

WHAT A FINISH!!! These finals don't dissapointGG WADE!!!
WOW another amazing game by Dwayne Wade. 43 points and 21-25 from the Free Throw Line. Wade brought his A-game tonight and was the sole reason for the Heat victory. Well fought by both teams but Wade wanted it more, he's soo clutch. Thank god they won, otherwise everyone would point the loss on Shaq for being 2 for 12 on free throws.
WOW another amazing game by Dwayne Wade. 43 points and 21-25 from the Free Throw Line. Wade brought his A-game tonight and was the sole reason for the Heat victory. Well fought by both teams but Wade wanted it more, he's soo clutch. Thank god they won, otherwise everyone would point the loss on Shaq for being 2 for 12 on free throws.
I also give props to Gary Payton. He made two clutch shots in the end of this game also.

Wade is awesome and all, but that foul call at the end was HORSESHIT. Nowitzski completely wiffed, zero contact. Then they get handed the game because Josh Howard wanted to be the new Chris Webber.

Unbelievable game! If the Heat end up winning the series, Wade jumps up to the level with the all-time greats. He just rises to the occassion when behind in the 4th. He's like Kobe without the 'tude.The Mavs did make a good adjustment this game. Jason Williams has been absolutely awful on pick-and-roll defense the whole series. The Mavs finally took advantage and Terry went off. But then Riley made a good adjustment by putting Payton in for almost the entire 4th quarter. Payton's running on fumes, but he can still play defense. Once Payton was in there, Terry didnt get nearly as many open looks. As far as strategy was concerned, I thought this was the biggest factor tonight (besides Wade being a monster of course).

Wade is awesome and all, but that foul call at the end was HORSESHIT. Nowitzski completely wiffed, zero contact. Then they get handed the game because Josh Howard wanted to be the new Chris Webber.
It was consistent with how they called the rest of the game. NO crying please. (Avery Johnson is whining it up right now.) Just because the Mavs couldnt guard him with 4 GUYS on the last play....Anyway, I can guarantee you we will be hearing all sorts of whining from Dallas after this game....Cuban's blog should be fantastic. I feel Miami did get more calls....but they were more aggressive and they were the home team. When you foul Shaq intentionally 10 times a game the Heat will get in the penalty quickly.Personally, I think the Heat were very very lucky to win this game. Dallas went away from Jason Terry....I have no idea why. Avery should focus on that. Terry was killing the Heat. They insist on going with Nowitzki. His shot in OT was insane...he is quite clutch. But the Heat have a decent handle on him defensively. 5 games is a trend not a fluke. The most important thing from this game is this....Wade is the freaking man. His shot was off in the 1st half but he found ways to score on an off night and then just took over with 14 minutes left in the game. Stuff of legends.The big question is will Miami steal one in Dallas? To be honest I am not sure but I am really going to enjoy finding out.GO HEAT!

Anybody have tivo or have this game recorded ? Especially for the Miami fans....Fast forward all the way to the end on the last drive by Dwayne wade, the one where we "fouled" him....take a look when he draws back....oops !! Back court !!The officials handed this to Miami...congrats...

Edited for truth.
lol....Dallas went to the stripe 25 times, Miami went 49. There was a back court on Wade that was missed with 19 seconds left, He also jumped off of 3 Mavs to get the "foul". Great game....not so much
Link please, I can't wait to read that.BTW, Wade got fouled plenty on that last drive, just not by Dirk.
NO ONE has mentioned this....Devin Harris fouled him. It is very clear. They called it on Dirk because Harris already had 5 fouls. THIS IS A NORMAL NBA UNWRITTEN RULE. If two guys both are right near a player when he is fouled....you call it on the guy who DOES NOT have 5 fouls already.It was a clear foul on Harris...Dirk did not touch him. But they called it on Dirk so Harris wouldnt be disqualified. The bottom line is Wade was the most aggressive player on the court again and he was rewarded with trips to the line. He beat 4 MAVS on the last play and earned his free throws...AND UNLIKE JOSH HOWARD AND DIRK NOWTIZKI HE MADE THOSE FREE THROWS IN THE CLUTCH. FOCUS ON YOUR CHOKING MAVS FANS STOP WHINING ABOUT THE REFS.Oh and it was NOT a backcourt....I mean you guys are whining about ticky tack fouls and yet you wanted the game decided on a back court call??? Hypocrites....
FOCUS ON YOUR CHOKING MAVS FANS STOP WHINING ABOUT THE REFS.
For what it's worth, I am a Lakers fan who hated to see Shaq go. I am rooting for him to win another title. However, all of my friends who were watching with me, none of which are rooting for Dallas, thought it was a horrible call at the end. That sort of call never gets made at the end of games. I just hate to see a great game get decided that way.