It Doesn't Feel Like A Race

Race Situation  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Overs vs a pair, from your experience, which side do you want to be on preflop all in. Which pair is irrelevant for this, except it has to be under the overs, obviously

• Pair
    • Overs

my first pole..wonder how it turned out.I lean strong one way, wonderd if its consensus***************Let me clarify:THis is AFTER YOU SEE BOTH HANDSso if you have 77..u know you're not up against 99and AJ not up against AK

my first pole..wonder how it turned out.I lean strong one way, wonderd if its consensus
I went pair but since I haven't won a race in who knows how long it really wouldn't matter what I was holding...I would lose either way.
this is the kinda bullshit that makes FCP look like a ****ing donkey circus
no.....^^^^^^^^this is what makes FCP look like......blah blah blah
this is the kinda bullshit that makes FCP look like a ****ing donkey circus
Whaa? I have no idea what you're talking about. At any rate, this shouldn't be close. The vast majority of the time a pair is actually mathematical coinflip against two overcards. I'd rather have the hand that's favored. That's all there is to it.
Overs. This shouldn't be close.
is this missing a sw? If not could you please clarify why. I'd prefer the pair any day of the week. A slight favorite is still a favorite.

I think I would rather have overs. You have a bad redraw if overs the catches on your pair on the flop. And this will happen alot more often then a pair flopping a set.

Whaa? I have no idea what you're talking about. At any rate, this shouldn't be close. The vast majority of the time a pair is actually mathematical coinflip against two overcards. I'd rather have the hand that's favored. That's all there is to it.
thats all that should have been said in the thread

it depends... Jh10h > 44, but 44 > akregardless, i'd rather have the mathematical favorite, regardless of whether its 51/49 or 55/45 or whatever. don't see how anyone could answer any differently.

Cinci,I realize that most all pairs are favorites over Most OVers combos, but has real life tainted this for you?THat's why I made this pole.For some reason, I "feel" like I always get outdrawn against overs, and usually outdraw a pair when I have the overs. Of course, I understand the diff between "feel" and long term mathematical expectaions...but I don't run these 10,000 times in a row.so..thats all.."feel", not math.

im sorry actuary, my first reply to the thread was out of line.PP are +EV in the long term compared to two overs.. I am no tournament expert so I couldn't really explain the variables that are involved with "coinflips"(im sure if you do some research on the internet, you will find great articles about coinlfips).

Anyone who would rather have AJ all in preflop against 77 rather than the other way around is flat out retarded. Why is this even a question??
what up koop, what you been up to?

Well, from a statistical point of view, most of the time, you should prefer to have the pair. The only times when you would prefer the overs are when you have JTs vs pocket 4's (suited connectors vs lower pair), etc where your suited connectors are a favorite.However, I think the reason why a significant number of ppl prefer to have overs in a race is that psychologically, it will be easier for them to deal with losing a race. If you lose with AK vs pocket 5's, you understand that you are an underdog to begin with and hence, you accept it better. On the other hand, if your pocket 5's get cracked, you'd be much more upset since you started off as the favorite and losing seems to feel like getting robbed.

jaaaaaake:no sweatI don't take flaming seriously on an internet forum.But it's always good to see I got love on here!let me be clear again..I know Pairs are favored.This is not a Strategy post.It's a "gut" postI"ve been outdrawn so much lately by overs, I'm starting to dread races with Pairs vs Overs.that's all.I know the math.

jaaaaaake:no sweatI don't take flaming seriously on an internet forum.But it's always good to see I got love on here!let me be clear again..I know Pairs are favored.This is not a Strategy post.It's a "gut" postI"ve been outdrawn so much lately by overs, I'm starting to dread races with Pairs vs Overs.that's all.I know the math.
With all the good strategy posts I've read by you, you are entitled to make some retarded threads occasionally :club:
However, I think the reason why a significant number of ppl prefer to have overs in a race is that psychologically, it will be easier for them to deal with losing a race. If you lose with AK vs pocket 5's, you understand that you are an underdog to begin with and hence, you accept it better. On the other hand, if your pocket 5's get cracked, you'd be much more upset since you started off as the favorite and losing seems to feel like getting robbed.
I think you nailed the essence of my post here.thanks for the clarity.With overs I expect to lose and feel great when I win. -(edit: actually, this feelnig has probably warped into false sense that I"m outdrawing pairs more than actually occurs)With pairs I hope to hold up and just feel relieved if I do and angry when I don't