If They Are That Stupid

What the hell are you talking about??They dont reveal the race of voters, Its polls taken about who wil vote for whome, this isnt officially 100% accuratenot too mention the fact that only 46% ofthe eligible voting population in NO in 2002 voted.who were black who were white?? Example: (80% of only 30% of the actual votes isnt much, so infact from the 46% of eligble voters, the majority of them could have been black/.EDIT: the point i'm trying to make Donk, is you should have simply stated, calling the NO voters stupid is simply that, The voters, regardless of race
LOL ROYAL :club: That was the point I made, and I said exactly that. It was BigD and MK that insinuated that I meant "black people" when I said "NO voters."
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

see, you almost had me, then you dropped that beauty on me. hahaconsidering my last name is the same as your handle, except spelled differently, I'll try

Told ya so.

LOL ROYAL :club: That was the point I made, and I said exactly that. It was BigD and MK that insinuated that I meant "black people" when I said "NO voters."
I know, but u added a bunch of nonsense on your last post, (bigots and blah blahI dont want to state my opinions on this cuz it would upset a few peeps like Ian for example.
I know, but u added a bunch of nonsense on your last post, (bigots and blah blahI dont want to state my opinions on this cuz it would upset a few peeps like Ian for example.
Yeah i done it cuz i were tryin to splain myself to the libs.
Liberals like MK have to put others down by doing things like calling them racists to boost their argument. You just have to get used to it and let it roll off your back.
and you have to completely fabricate things to strengthen yours?? sam, easy. wtf are you talking about? was i vindictive or name-calling in any of my posts? did i call anyone a name to strengthen my argument? absolutely not. i posted some numbers and requested that we be honest when looking at them. my point is simply that where donkslayer and dutch are from (the south), racism is so prevalent they don't recognize it when they see it or perform it. i'm not judging them but rather the environment in which they've spent their lives. you can attack that notion if you want, but let's leave the personal attacks out of it.
and you have to completely fabricate things to strengthen yours?? sam, easy. wtf are you talking about? was i vindictive or name-calling in any of my posts? did i call anyone a name to strengthen my argument? absolutely not. i posted some numbers and requested that we be honest when looking at them. my point is simply that where donkslayer and dutch are from (the south), racism is so prevalent they don't recognize it when they see it or perform it. i'm not judging them but rather the environment in which they've spent their lives. you can attack that notion if you want, but let's leave the personal attacks out of it.
Naw, it's easier to dismiss points by sweeping generizations and sterotypes.
my point is simply that where donkslayer and dutch are from (the south), racism is so prevalent they don't recognize it when they see it or perform it. i'm not judging them but rather the environment in which they've spent their lives. you can attack that notion if you want, but let's leave the personal attacks out of it.
I'm surprised that everyone didn't figure this out before. You obviously need to be either from California, NY, or some other big liberal state so you can get a little culture and stop being so racist. Man I just love the attitude of the liberal elites.
I'm surprised that everyone didn't figure this out before. You obviously need to be either from California, NY, or some other big liberal state so you can get a little culture and stop being so racist. Man I just love the attitude of the liberal elites.
So the south doesn't, in any way, have a long standing tradition of predice and racism?
So the south doesn't, in any way, have a long standing tradition of predice and racism?
I didn't say that. But does that mean that everyone who happens to be from the south is racist or doesn't see racism because they are to used to it. That is flawed thinking by people (liberal elites) who think they know best and everyone else (republicans) are plain stupid for thinking otherwise.
I didn't say that. But does that mean that everyone who happens to be from the south is racist or doesn't see racism because they are to used to it. That is flawed thinking by people (liberal elites) who think they know best and everyone else (republicans) are plain stupid for thinking otherwise.
This is the type of sweeping generization I was talking about, that is dismissive of an agrument. It's like you guys learned how to talk about issues on talk radio (not just conservative talk radio. Air American does the same annoying generalizational comments that add nothing to discourse, and makes it just as unlisteniable)
i'm not trying to be elitist. there are people in this country who deny that racism even exists. in all but the most extreme cases, they claim it's "the race card" being played or they say it's simply "white guilt". i like dirtydutch a lot and think he is a smart guy, but he is one of these people. it has nothing to do with being smart or dumb.

I think the thing that makes me angry is that I feel I can't make statements that I try to base on something other than race, without someone bringing in race.Honestly, I feel like if New Orleans bought 100,000 tricycles for the next evacuation, and I said this "was stupid", some one would say "I'm racist" or that I'm implying that black people were stupid. There seems to be a weird rule book or something on race relations, and I'm sorry, but it usually pertains to Caucasian-African/American relations (I honestly, honestly feel that my own and other's objections in the illegal immigrant debate have nothing to do with race of the immigrants). I thought, equality was the goal. Equal under the law. "Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." But, that's not always the case, right? If I stereotype or prejudge someone for being Black, we say "that's stereotyping at best, racist at worst." I would tend to agree. But, we offer incentives to African-Americans that peoples of other races in Americans are not afforded. African-Americans participate in several black-only organizations and interest groups, as do many racial minorities in America...should they do this if they feel they are still not on even-footing?I'm mostly just confused, trying to figure things out still...trying to find a definitive answer, a stance...I feel at 23 I don't have much time before I just become stuck with an ideal that may not be correct.

Here's the thing. As of the census of 2000, the racial makeup of the city was 67.25% African American, 28.05% White, 0.20% Native American, 2.26% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.93% from other races, and 1.28% from two or more races. 3.06% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. Link. So yes, when you talk about "they" in N.O., you are talking about a majority African-American population. Let's not be intellectually dishonest and pretend you aren't talking about African Americans when you talk about the population of N.O. How silly that a majority African American population would vote for a candidate of their own race!! But yeah, you're totally right as always, Dutch. This is just liberal nonsense and white guilt. Or perhaps you were born and raised in an enviroment where racism is joked about so often it isn't simply accepted, but encouraged, that you dismiss all but the most overt forms (you know, white hoods and such) as liberal b.s.
Okay, you need to answer this-- very clearly: You feel that any negative assessment of a group of people who are primarily racial minorities is, then, without exception-- "racist". Right? Because that seems to be what you just said.
my point is simply that where donkslayer and dutch are from (the south), racism is so prevalent they don't recognize it when they see it or perform it. i'm not judging them but rather the environment in which they've spent their lives. you can attack that notion if you want, but let's leave the personal attacks out of it.
I was raised in NJ, and CA. Just sayin'.
(I honestly, honestly feel that my own and other's objections in the illegal immigrant debate have nothing to do with race of the immigrants).
Yet coinciendly almost all illegal immigrants have african and or indigenous decendants. Wierd.
MK you're going to have to clarify this here. The way I read this I have to disagree.I will say that there is more racism here down south than up north but I dont think the margin is as wide people think. I've noticed big changes in the positive direction over the last 20 years.However its much more out in the open here. I've seen enough racism down here that I definately recognize it. IMO, I actually think you got the statement backwards. By seeing all the racists stuff happen down here over the years, I would say I'm much better at recognizing it than someone who's not exposed to it very often.
MK you're going to have to clarify this here. The way I read this I have to disagree.I will say that there is more racism here down south than up north but I dont think the margin is as wide people think. I've noticed big changes in the positive direction over the last 20 years.However its much more out in the open here. I've seen enough racism down here that I definately recognize it. IMO, I actually think you got the statement backwards. By seeing all the racists stuff happen down here over the years, I would say I'm much better at recognizing it than someone who's not exposed to it very often.
I've lived in four states. It depends on how you interpret the word "racist," I suppose, but as far as racial harmony, NJ is the worst. It's almost segregated there. Some of you won't believe this, but in the city of Atlanta, where I currently live, is the most racily harmonious place I've lived. Including three parts of CA.

it's said that....in the South, White's don't care much for the Black Race; but really like lots of Black persons.While in the North, White's love the Black Race, but really could do without those Black Peoplejust a sayin.********************************************************************************************

Honestly, I feel like if New Orleans bought 100,000 tricycles for the next evacuation, and I said this "was stupid", some one would say "I'm racist" or that I'm implying that black people were stupid.
that's just silly.the Chinese are much better natural acrobats, and smaller by nature.The Black Man is built for long strides.You would save those for an evacuation of HongKongYou ever see the Chinese Acrobat Circus?It's a great, inexpensive Vegas Show.I'm sure it's cheap because they clean and press there own uniforms and sleep on the floor behind the stage.
I've lived in four states. It depends on how you interpret the word "racist," I suppose, but as far as racial harmony, NJ is the worst. It's almost segregated there. Some of you won't believe this, but in the city of Atlanta, where I currently live, is the most racily harmonious place I've lived. Including three parts of CA.
Quite true.. I find the North is more phoney about their racism than the south is. I went to college in Chicago, and that town is ****ed up. On one hand, there's no blatant racism, you don't see confederate flags, or hear many people dropping N bombs. And yet the town is insanely segrated, the north side is rich and white, the south side poor and black. Evanston, the town I actually went to college in was a microcoim of this. On literally one side of the metra train tracks, the east side, the lake side, it was almost all white, and very affluent. On the other side of these tracks it was middle and lower class, and black. Every one in the town who worked in a menial, sevice sort of job was black. The cops in chicago were infamously racist and brutal. My college itself, Northwestern, is a rather "liberal"college, for a major reasearch institution. It's very queer friendly, lots of "limosene liberals". and yet, it has about a 2 percent black population... a bunch of people who give lip service to equal rights, and yet are terrified of black people when they are actually confronted with them.I don't really know where I'm going with this post, accept that just because the North is more tightlipped about their racism, doesn't mean it's less prevalant than in the south. Just 'cause white people in the south will call black people nig gers, and northern people won't, doesn't mean white people in the north hate them less, or fear them less, or understand them better.
Just 'cause white people in the south will call black people ******
editted for respect.nah... I lived in TN for 15 yrs.only southern scum used that termdon't slam us.or them as it is now.old people say "Colored"but, I'll say Black, till I die, and my kids may think I"m a Racist for not using African-Americanbut, OTH, if you are a BlackMan, and you'd prefer I refer to you as KingChocolate. I"m cool with that. I don't obsess over this stuff. I'm kinda a judge the individual sorta cat. I hope I"m color blind. Hard to think anyone is completely

It's interesting. I see what princeof56k is saying. And I also completely agree with the notion of the North being very segregated and almost hypocritical. And yes, BigD, Chicago is definitely like that. My experience (sigh, anecdotal evidence coming) is probably a lot different than most, however, because I went to a high school that was situated right next to a low-income housing project, and I imagine it would have to be one of the most diverse high schools in the country. If I had to guess, I would say the demographics were something like 30% Latino, 30% African-American and 40% White. And socioeconomically it was just insane. There were kids who drove BMWs to school and there were kids who wore the same t-shirt almost every day. I admit it certainly wasn't the most harmonious environment, but it definitely forced people to become less ignorant about other races and cultures. I think that's always a good thing. Is it elitist to think that people who have spent a great deal of time with others who aren't exactly like themselves are probably less likely to be racially insensitive? Maybe. I guess I'm an elitist then. The reason I get so upset about the New Orleans thing is, perhaps, because of the media, and when I see people discussing things with the MSM mindset I get aggravated. Imagine if New Orleans had been an all white city. Can you imagine how taboo it would be to speak negatively in ANY way about that city or its leader? How often would we hear the word 'tragedy'? Rather than deriding the citizens of N.O. and blaming them for not leaving the city or for re-electing the person who was their leader and gave them a shred of hope when all hope was lost, wouldn't we be calling them 'heroic' rather than 'stupid'.? It reminds me of the American Media Equation in Jon Stewart's book America which is something like: 5,000 Sudanese refugees massacred = 1,000 civilians in Afghanistan killed by warlords = 100 Iraqis killed in car bomb = 1 attractive white female soldier KIA.

The reason I get so upset about the New Orleans thing is, perhaps, because of the media, and when I see people discussing things with the MSM mindset I get aggravated. Imagine if New Orleans had been an all white city. Can you imagine how taboo it would be to speak negatively in ANY way about that city or its leader? How often would we hear the word 'tragedy'? Rather than deriding the citizens of N.O. and blaming them for not leaving the city or for re-electing the person who was their leader and gave them a shred of hope when all hope was lost, wouldn't we be calling them 'heroic' rather than 'stupid'.?
I will disagree with this. My original statement has nothing to do with the race of the people or their mayor. He was a complete and total failure both before and after this crisis. If it had happened in Seattle I would have said the exact same thing.What gets me aggravated is because I am a conservative you automatically assume that I am coming from a racist viewpoint.
Imagine if New Orleans had been an all white city. Can you imagine how taboo it would be to speak negatively in ANY way about that city or its leader? How often would we hear the word 'tragedy'? Rather than deriding the citizens of N.O. and blaming them for not leaving the city or for re-electing the person who was their leader and gave them a shred of hope when all hope was lost, wouldn't we be calling them 'heroic' rather than 'stupid'.?
MK, this doesn't seem to be working for G.W. Bush.
I will disagree with this. My original statement has nothing to do with the race of the people or their mayor. He was a complete and total failure both before and after this crisis. If it had happened in Seattle I would have said the exact same thing.What gets me aggravated is because I am a conservative you automatically assume that I am coming from a racist viewpoint.
What options were available to him? I'm not saying he did a great job, but what resources did he have? It was a total and utter clusterfuck down there. Think about Giuliani after 9-11. Totally lionized by it. You'd probably say he did a great job. Why? What did he really do? Said a few words. The obscene amount of money that poured into NYC after 9-11 (and the excellent public services already in place due to a powerful tax base) ensured that the relief effort would be speedy and effective. Also, don't you think the fact that it happened in the financial center of the world made a lot of very powerful people kind of eager to get things up and running again as quickly as possible?
MK, this doesn't seem to be working for G.W. Bush.
It worked a lot longer than it should have.
It's interesting. I see what princeof56k is saying. And I also completely agree with the notion of the North being very segregated and almost hypocritical. And yes, BigD, Chicago is definitely like that. My experience (sigh, anecdotal evidence coming) is probably a lot different than most, however, because I went to a high school that was situated right next to a low-income housing project, and I imagine it would have to be one of the most diverse high schools in the country. If I had to guess, I would say the demographics were something like 30% Latino, 30% African-American and 40% White. And socioeconomically it was just insane. There were kids who drove BMWs to school and there were kids who wore the same t-shirt almost every day. I admit it certainly wasn't the most harmonious environment, but it definitely forced people to become less ignorant about other races and cultures. I think that's always a good thing. Is it elitist to think that people who have spent a great deal of time with others who aren't exactly like themselves are probably less likely to be racially insensitive? Maybe. I guess I'm an elitist then. The reason I get so upset about the New Orleans thing is, perhaps, because of the media, and when I see people discussing things with the MSM mindset I get aggravated. Imagine if New Orleans had been an all white city. Can you imagine how taboo it would be to speak negatively in ANY way about that city or its leader? How often would we hear the word 'tragedy'? Rather than deriding the citizens of N.O. and blaming them for not leaving the city or for re-electing the person who was their leader and gave them a shred of hope when all hope was lost, wouldn't we be calling them 'heroic' rather than 'stupid'.? It reminds me of the American Media Equation in Jon Stewart's book America which is something like: 5,000 Sudanese refugees massacred = 1,000 civilians in Afghanistan killed by warlords = 100 Iraqis killed in car bomb = 1 attractive white female soldier KIA.
So, what's your point, and what do you propose to do?
So, what's your point, and what do you propose to do?
My point is the people of N.O. could use a break, and everyone else in the country calling them stupid and bitching about who they elect into office won't do any good. What I'm going to do about it? Stand here and moan like an impotent jerk and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe.