Guys, I'm going to need your support as fellow FCPer's and as friends to encourage me to break the habit of habitually smoking marijuana, that is going to eventually kill me and ruin my life.I've been pretty stagnant in my poker game too due the fact that I can't think like a normal person because of the chemical imbalance due to smoking the ganja.Thanks for all your help. Today I change my life.-Bwaves

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck man, I have been on the fence about this for a long time. I keep telling myself I am not going to buy another bag, yet before I know it I have already made the call and it is on its way to my house.Good Luck man.

Good luck... some people are going to tell you that weed helps their poker game, but I don't really see how that works. I suggest that you find some sort of alternate activity to do every time you want to smoke, so you'll be distracted from it.(I thought the title of this post was "Breakin' Hobbits" when I first clicked on it, which I thought would be pretty entertaining, but this was alright too.)

good luck man, I have been on the fence about this for a long time. I keep telling myself I am not going to buy another bag, yet before I know it I have already made the call and it is on its way to my house.Good Luck man.
Trust me this is the hardest thing I've had to do. I used to smoke about an 1/8 day, it's just not for me anymore. Thank you for the kind words though man. The worst part is I have to get rid of almost $1,000 dollars worth of bongs and pipes and a really nice vaporizor.Not to mention I'm tired of supporting myself and my dealer lol.Thanks a lot no_neck
Trust me this is the hardest thing I've had to do. I used to smoke about an 1/8 day, it's just not for me anymore. Thank you for the kind words though man. The worst part is I have to get rid of almost $1,000 dollars worth of bongs and pipes and a really nice vaporizor.Not to mention I'm tired of supporting myself and my dealer lol.Thanks a lot no_neck
i would clean them really good and put it on www.craigslist.org or ebay. (some alcohol and pipe cleaners you can really really get it clean)
Good luck... some people are going to tell you that weed helps their poker game, but I don't really see how that works. I suggest that you find some sort of alternate activity to do every time you want to smoke, so you'll be distracted from it.(I thought the title of this post was "Breakin' Hobbits" when I first clicked on it, which I thought would be pretty entertaining, but this was alright too.)
People just say that so they can have an extra excuse to "cheif" (feel free to use any of my juicy slang terms). I used to think that it relaxed me and I could sit through long stretches but at the expense of not really paying full attention. What's the most important part of a live cash game? Looking at what your opponents are doing and exploiting them. How can you do that if you're blazed 24/7.
i would clean them really good and put it on www.craigslist.org or ebay. (some alcohol and pipe cleaners you can really really get it clean)
Bling was my favorite alcohol based bong cleaner. Yeah, definitly thanks for the advice craigslist has gotten me to some very good sold out concerts I should give back the site by contributing to USA's drug epidemic.

i have a similar problem... i have a volcano, i smoke something like an eighth a day, and it's slowly killing my poker game.

Good luck, in honor of your quest I will attempt to break the following bad habits:Smoking CrackDrinking Anti-FreezePosting in General

People just say that so they can have an extra excuse to "cheif" (feel free to use any of my juicy slang terms). I used to think that it relaxed me and I could sit through long stretches but at the expense of not really paying full attention. I play two tables online about 30 hours a week and I think it helps keep me from being bored to tears.The problem is it is making me stupid, kills motivation, and it is expensive.I quit smoking cigarettes and in turn I have just upped my weed habit.
i have a similar problem... i have a volcano, i smoke something like an eighth a day, and it's slowly killing my poker game.
Dude, please do me the favor of quiting with me. I actually didn't smoke at all yesterday and you have no idea how it feels to wake up and actually feel awake if that makes any sense?What's the worse that could happen? You don't get lung cancer?No_Neck, "I play two tables online about 30 hours a week and I think it helps keep me from being bored to tears.The problem is it is making me stupid, kills motivation, and it is expensive.I quit smoking cigarettes and in turn I have just upped my weed habit."Those were my 3 main reason's also. Especially being 20 and living on my own for 3 years, my income can't keeping taking the hits. It definitly keeps you from being bored. Exactly why I broke out my xbox even though I never play video games it takes up the time I would use to be blazin'.
Good luck, in honor of your quest I will attempt to break the following bad habits:Smoking CrackDrinking Anti-FreezePosting in General
Good luck man, anti-freeze is hard to kick though.
Dude, please do me the favor of quiting with me. I actually didn't smoke at all yesterday and you have no idea how it feels to wake up and actually feel awake if that makes any sense?What's the worse that could happen? You don't get lung cancer?No_Neck, "I play two tables online about 30 hours a week and I think it helps keep me from being bored to tears.The problem is it is making me stupid, kills motivation, and it is expensive.I quit smoking cigarettes and in turn I have just upped my weed habit."Those were my 3 main reason's also. Especially being 20 and living on my own for 3 years, my income can't keeping taking the hits. It definitly keeps you from being bored. Exactly why I broke out my xbox even though I never play video games it takes up the time I would use to be blazin'.Good luck man, anti-freeze is hard to kick though.
posting in general is a bad bad habit as well
posting in general is a bad bad habit as well
Yeah off topic would have done it. Get a moderator over here and move this crap out of general.

Since my job started drug testing in January, Ive been clean and my game has improved steadily. Quitting wasn't that hard for me though, since I wasn't a hardcore smoker. Just DO IT man, your play will improve, trust me.

Since my job started drug testing in January, Ive been clean and my game has improved steadily. Quitting wasn't that hard for me though, since I wasn't a hardcore smoker. Just DO IT man, your play will improve, trust me.
I can't until I quit my customer service job, I wouldn't last a week if I didn't have a bowl waiting when I got home.
I can't until I quit my customer service job, I wouldn't last a week if I didn't have a bowl waiting when I got home.
See that's the same boat I'm in. I've had a lot of family and emotional problem and what's better than deading your emotions to the point of being almost comatose.

I wish I could still play high. I'd probably actually be a winning player over the last 9 months like I was before I quit. Oh well though, the benefits it will have on your life greatly outweigh the money you'll make. The best way to quit I've found is to completely disconnect yourself from the people you got weed from. It might mean losing some "friends", but really, these are only friends you go through weed anyway I'm guessing. The last time I bought one I told my dealer I'd pay him on a Wednesday and never talked to him again. He was obviously pissed at me, so I knew there was no way I was going to get another bag from him. Then I moved to a different town and didn't know anyone so that helped too.Good luck. You will be antsy for a few days, but after that you will be amazed at how much clearer your thinking becomes.

I know I've already made my choise I just need other people to keep consistantly reminding me of how nice it is to lead a normal life. I would really like my game to improve and I can DO IT! Sounds like an AA meeting.
I wish I could still play high. I'd probably actually be a winning player over the last 9 months like I was before I quit. Oh well though, the benefits it will have on your life greatly outweigh the money you'll make.
That's the way I've been trying to look at it. Health means a lot to me and always did it's just herb is so good sometimes. It hit home when I got life insurance and my brother paid 20 bucks and I paid 40.
The best way to quit I've found is to completely disconnect yourself from the people you got weed from. It might mean losing some "friends", but really, these are only friends you go through weed anyway I'm guessing.
This is the reason it's been taking me so long to quit! I have many relationships tied to the drug. It's been my essense for 2 years! Good thing poker and health are there to keep me busy now.
The last time I bought one I told my dealer I'd pay him on a Wednesday and never talked to him again. He was obviously pissed at me, so I knew there was no way I was going to get another bag from him. Then I moved to a different town and didn't know anyone so that helped too.
Yeah, moving definitly was a blessing in disguise. Scoshing your dealer is a good way to get stabbed too!
Good luck. You will be antsy for a few days, but after that you will be amazed at how much clearer your thinking becomes.
One more thing thank you, seriously, thank you.
I'll be routing for you. Congratulations on making the decision.llou
Thanks a lot llou that means a lot to me.
That's funny, I've decided to give up cigarettes, like today. Weird. I'm sure you'll save more money than me breaking your habit though.
That is a coincidence, dude, I'm so ready I hate the thought of literally coat after coat of resin mutilating my lungs. Not my style anymore.

I quit smoking about a month or so ago and it is definitely very hard and takes commitment, just have to find other things to do to keep you occupied and get rid of things that would make you want to smoke again. GOOD LUCK TO YOU and keep us in touch on how it's going.

Guys, I'm going to need your support as fellow FCPer's and as friends to encourage me to break the habit of habitually smoking marijuana, that is going to eventually kill me and ruin my life.I've been pretty stagnant in my poker game too due the fact that I can't think like a normal person because of the chemical imbalance due to smoking the ganja.Thanks for all your help. Today I change my life.-Bwaves
This is not going to be easy and you are going to sleep like **** for quite a few nights. All it is going to take is a little will power and self discipline.
I quit smoking about a month or so ago and it is definitely very hard and takes commitment, just have to find other things to do to keep you occupied and get rid of things that would make you want to smoke again. GOOD LUCK TO YOU and keep us in touch on how it's going.
Definitly! My younger brother resently quit and he didn't smoke for about a month and then picked up one cigarette and was buying a pack a day. You really have to be strong and honestly occupy your time with things better than killing yourself.I will keep you guys updated. You can live bicariously through my sexual endevors and straight-edge ways. :club:
This is not going to be easy and you are going to sleep like **** for quite a few nights. All it is going to take is a little will power and self discipline.
Yesterday was the first day I havn't smoked all day and last night was the first night I didn't smoke a bowl to go to sleep. I slept great thanks to Southern Comfort but I don't want that to become a supplement instead of smoking. I also didn't go to bed until 1:30am that helped too.I will definitly use self disipline actually I think this is already going to improve my game. If I can quit smoking I can wait for a hand on the button!

Funny how many times I heard from my friend who used to always joke "I smoke weed, and nothing happend to me?!" Just like the old commercial.Yeah. That's exactly right.For YEARS the guy did NOTHING! And Nothing has happened to him. He is a complete lazy @ss loser. And Now he's working sh1t jobs and playing catch up and is full of regret. Ya get older folks, like it or not. And you best take it seriously or you will end up broke. I've seen it a million times.Just sayin... :club: