Day 6:Still going strong for the time being. I can feel everything starting to leave my system. It's insane to wake up and feel somewhat awake. I was talking to my brother again who recently quit smoking cigarettes and he was telling me that you don't realize it but you get very depressed when you smoke cigarettes and not really know it. You think you're calming your nerves but in reality your just wrecking them. Just a little side note, made me think. Anyway still okay so far trying to get a poker game going so I can test out my new cerebral cortex.Keep ya posted.-Bwaves

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 days and no relapse that is Awesome.When I first tried to quit I couldn't go three days without smoking, hence the reason I put myself on a step program. That is some real self determination you have. I am stoked for ya! Remember there is a ton of support for you here.

Maybe I'll give it a shot, too. I never feel completely rested and I've been feeling rather "disturbed" of late, which I blamed on my gf, of course, but I'm thinking it's not all her...

6 days and no relapse that is Awesome.When I first tried to quit I couldn't go three days without smoking, hence the reason I put myself on a step program. That is some real self determination you have. I am stoked for ya! Remember there is a ton of support for you here.
Yeah man I'm surprised myself! I've actually been doing everything I can to keep myself busy. I tried the step program a while ago but it just doesn't work because you can't get the mentalitly you need to actually quit and stay off the stuff.Hey if I have this much self determination to quit smoking imagine playing me heads up. (sw) <- wish it wasn't lol.As for all the support here, I would never have been able to make it these six days without you guys being here and keeping me busy at work so I don't go out back and puff a smoke you know? Thanks for the post pokerbum! Thanks for being stoked I love that word.
Yeah, like CRACK!! :club:
Tried it doesn't work. Just makes me smoke more crack, I look like:Tyrone_Biggums.jpg
Maybe I'll give it a shot, too. I never feel completely rested and I've been feeling rather "disturbed" of late, which I blamed on my gf, of course, but I'm thinking it's not all her...
That was a motivating factor for me as well. Not only did I think that herb was making me feel beter I thought it got me through the day. It makes it harder to wake up and harder to get through the day. Your GF may be a problem but it's the herb that makes you impatient with her. She probably talks a lot and you just get annoyed because you want to be blazed and not listen to her annoying ace. Not to sound like a d-head but that's the way I feel or felt with my chick.

So I have decided that the only day that I am going to be allowed to smoke is on Sunday. I have just found myself smoking instead of getting on my *** and finding something to do, when I really should be doing anything other than sitting on the couch.

Alright guys I've reached my goal and now hopefully I can keep it up till the end.Day 7: I'm clean fellas! Couldn't have done it without you. Now I can start raping the NL Strat and Limit instead of spamming up general. It feels good, I'm assuming I'll feel even better after two weeks then three and so on untill a month when I'm completely clean (all the THC is out of my blood stream).Thanks again for everything guys I know I can be me again! Sweet, now you get to listen to a sarcarstic ******* all the time.

Dear Former Potsmokers,Now we all can't quit at once.Sincerely,Your Dealers
NICE! LOL.
Alright guys I've reached my goal and now hopefully I can keep it up till the end.Day 7: I'm clean fellas! Couldn't have done it without you. Now I can start raping the NL Strat and Limit instead of spamming up general. It feels good, I'm assuming I'll feel even better after two weeks then three and so on untill a month when I'm completely clean (all the THC is out of my blood stream).Thanks again for everything guys I know I can be me again! Sweet, now you get to listen to a sarcarstic ******* all the time.NICE! LOL.
Isn't 21 days the magic number for quitting?
Keep it up man!
Thanks man, you've been there since post one :club: .But seriously thanks man.
Isn't 21 days the magic number for quitting?
I think it's actually a whole month, regardless, I'm not going to keep posting this everyday, I just needed some support for the first couple of days.Thanks for the support though. The 21st day is right around the corner.
Guys, I'm going to need your support as fellow FCPer's and as friends to encourage me to break the habit of habitually smoking marijuana, that is going to eventually kill me and ruin my life.I've been pretty stagnant in my poker game too due the fact that I can't think like a normal person because of the chemical imbalance due to smoking the ganja.Thanks for all your help. Today I change my life.-Bwaves
Congratz! You just took the 1st and most important step in the process of qutting. Thats Acknowledging the Problem! :club: I recommend strongly to sell your $1000+ worth of "stuff" and admit your self in a drug treatment program.GL hope others could follow in your example.
Congratz! You just took the 1st and most important step in the process of qutting. Thats Acknowledging the Problem! :club: I recommend strongly to sell your $1000+ worth of "stuff" and admit your self in a drug treatment program.GL hope others could follow in your example.
Bob Sagett would kick your ***.