quiz question #7

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antonio is probably fairly weak here likely a small pocket pair or worse (he's talking so he must be weak) in which case you are a coin flip to win.  You are at  a position where you might want to gamble with him.
I'm just curious..... How is a pocket pair weak when your heads up?? Wether its 2's or 6's they are both strong hands heads up.

Given that you have about 5 blinds left (assuming you're not close to a blind increase), there is a good chance that this is the strongest hand you will see. The odds are very close, but given the circumstances, I say call...

Call in a heartbeat (possibly unless AE knows you will call with anything and is only pushing with better than coinflip hands, unless he knows you know that he knows etc :D ).But basically, it's desperation time, bleeding off ANY more chips just makes it that much harder to get back into a situation where you can actually play poker. Big blinds are 1/4 of your stack, and you're outchipped 10-1Heck, if your stack gets much smaller, calling with 72o becomes correct (for either of you).For the record, I'd also push with any two cards if I survive this call.

This is a raise Antonio might do with a small pair, likely not a big pair. And if he's got two big cards at least your live. I'd probably call and gamble. At this point there's not much to lose, it's such a nice drawing hand, and if you win it might frustrate and/or slightly tilt him.Call

Knowing that Antonio is an aggressive player and likes to push around small stacks. I may push all-in calling his bluff with 2 live cards and a possible str8 and flush hand. This may not be the right thing to do but I think I would take my chances.

Therefore, if I push with any two on the next hand (which I almost have to do), I'm likely to get called by a wide range of hands from Antonio. That would be the same situation I'm in now, except I'd be doing it with less chips.My vote: Call. I agree that the disadvantage of waiting, i.e., having less chips to try to double up later, outweighs the underdog percentage i am right now with 7-8suited. In other words, i think the above quote is exceptionally clear: next hand, same situation, less chips. HEnce, call all-in now.

• 2 weeks later...
:club: 8 :D is too small to risk all my chips at that point.Now if I looked down at say J :D 10 :D or better i say alright Lets gamble and shove them in and hope for the best!!!!!' alt='default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'> or better i say alright Lets gamble and shove them in and hope for the best!!!!!'>
  • 2 weeks later...

In this situation, I would push, thinking I was 60/40. You need to win a coin flip like this in the next two hands and I would rather get my money in with 78 diamonds, then possibly getting J2 off next hand. :club: [/b]

• 2 months later...

87 suited, no way. These hands are only good in multiway pots. However if I was in first position I may put some pressure on my opponent. I rather have king 2 offsuit thought. This hand is not that good heads up unless the blinds are small where you could break your opponent.

• 3 months later...

Announcements