Is There A Definitive Thread Containing Online Tells?

SSIA.
You mean like: you mean like a pause in my action that means either I'm not sure about what to do next or it's just the gap between the time I can get back to the computer from the refrigerator is a tell that I'm hungry or thirstyor do you mean that my folding and sitting out and then coming back in a couple hands means I'm on tilt and wanted to get my mind right, or that it means that I was in the can or that my checking the call box and means I'm not sure about my hand and will fold if you raise, or that I just didn't feel great about my 88 until it was heads upmy opinion is that there is very little "tell" information on line before the river. Sometimes at the river, when I have a very strong hand and there's probability that I've got the villian beat, I'll let him sweat before making my move, trying to make him think I am weak and am trying to steal the pot. I don't know that there are reliable tells in online poker.

So many people purposely stagger their timing, it's not possible to get a good read most of the time. A better indication is the SIZE of the bet. Lots of people are "by the book" that way, but not me, oh no!

Great question. Considering the amount of money wagered online, coupled with the explosion in poker literature - you'll probably see an entire BOOK (at least a chapter) dedicated to online tells.If Caro can put a book out of (live) tells, some dude's going to try to publish an online version.That said - I'd argue online "tells" are pretty basic. Online, you only have a few variables: betting speed (quick or slow), size, and chat (which is probably worthless). Also, I'd think the tells given off by betting patterns are very similar to those in a live game. So there aren't really any exclusive "online tells" - worthy of much a discussion.But poker's not my day job. All input appreciated.

You mean like: you mean like a pause in my action that means either I'm not sure about what to do next or it's just the gap between the time I run to the toaster to snag my eggos and butter them as i sprint back to the compor do you mean that my folding and sitting out and then coming back in a couple hands means I'm on tilt and wanted to get my mind right, or that it means that I was in the can or that my checking the call box and means I'm not sure about my hand and will fold if you raise, or that I just didn't feel great about my 88 until it was heads upmy opinion is that there is very little "tell" information on line before the river. Sometimes at the river, when I have a very strong hand and there's probability that I've got the villian beat, I'll let him sweat before making my move, trying to make him think I am weak and am trying to steal the pot. I don't know that there are reliable tells in online poker.
fyp

This is kinda silly.Don't waste your time looking for online tells.Your energy is better served recognizing your opponents betting patterns and keeping good notes.

The gap between live information and online information can easily be erased with tools like pokertracker. Online you give up tells, but being able to recall hands that the villain played months ago makes up for it.

This is kinda silly.Don't waste your time looking for online tells.Your energy is better served recognizing your opponents betting patterns and keeping good notes.
In a way, arent betting patterns the equivalent of online tells.Maybe people should suggest what to look for in these.

You have the single greatest tell available online, hand selection. With PT, or note taking features, you can keep track of JoeBob always taking an Ace to showdown on the button. Just pay attention to the information given to you. Over the course of time, all that information turns into a pretty nice glimpse into the players mind.The wife always finding a shirt with lipstick on the collar, over time, is going to realize a shade isnt hers...

You mean like:you mean like a pause in my action that means either I'm not sure about what to do next or it's just the gap between the time I can get back to the computer from the oven after taking a pizza out, sprinting through the living room, kick my chair, and break and dislocate my little toe, and the pop it back into placeor do you mean that my folding and sitting out and then coming back in a couple hands means I'm on tilt and wanted to get my mind right, or that it means that I was in the can or that my checking the call box and means I'm not sure about my hand and will fold if you raise, or that I just didn't feel great about my 88 until it was heads upmy opinion is that there is very little "tell" information on line before the river. Sometimes at the river, when I have a very strong hand and there's probability that I've got the villian beat, I'll let him sweat before making my move, trying to make him think I am weak and am trying to steal the pot. I don't know that there are reliable tells in online poker.
FYP...that actually happened to me last year.
FYP...that actually happened to me last year.
hahahaha mine like that was when i was trying to change my wash, heard the timer, sidestepped the door out a little too far and went crashing down after the left leg tagged the wall midsprint. hurt a little. but i still got there. of course it was to look at 84off, which hurt more then the bruise

one thing that is actually pretty reliable in my experience is that if a player that usually acts very quickly has a SLIGHT stutter and checks, that means a monster. i play mostly HU these days, and this is a pretty perfect tell in those situations.always remember though: NO TELL IS ABSOLUTE, LIVE OR ONLINE.

one thing that is actually pretty reliable in my experience is that if a player that usually acts very quickly has a SLIGHT stutter and checks, that means a monster. i play mostly HU these days, and this is a pretty perfect tell in those situations.
I purposely just click as fast as possible at all times so that players call/raise me thinking I'm on a bluff.

My experience is that a long pause by an OOP player indicates a weak hand. He wants to make you think that he's thinking about betting but he's looking for you to check and is probably on a draw.Could be completely off, but a bet here usually gets a fold or a chk raise, either way you got a lot of info about the player.