• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you knew that the guy who plays the deacon on The Wire is the real life inspiration for Avon Barksdale.Interesting article about him here. The numbers code that was used by the runners in season one was real and based off the code that he made. It's also ironic that series creator Ed Burns at one point arrested him, and the other creator David Simon is the one who was following the story for the Baltimore Sun.Another interesting thing of note to date season 4 of The Wire is the single highest rated show in the history of Metacritic's reviews.

How many of you knew that the guy who plays the deacon on The Wire is the real life inspiration for Avon Barksdale.Interesting article about him here. The numbers code that was used by the runners in season one was real and based off the code that he made. It's also ironic that series creator Ed Burns at one point arrested him, and the other creator David Simon is the one who was following the story for the Baltimore Sun.Another interesting thing of note to date season 4 of The Wire is the single highest rated show in the history of Metacritic's reviews.
I heard about that in one of the DvD special features.

Just watched episode one.Spoiler Discussion.

With all the previews on the focus being on the newspaper angle I'm glad the first episode caught us up with pretty much everyone with a few exceptions. Looks like the city budget is really screwing the police force.McNulty is back to his old self.Bunk is still being Bunk, I was laughing my ass off when they played that kid in the opening scene.Carcetti looks to be in a touch spotI can't remember the name of the black lady who works with the Mayor, but her cussing at the article in her car was hilarious.Was Bubs supposed to be clean? He looked like he was in better shape than when we last saw him.Where the hell was Omar?I like the guy the show is following at the paper, his conversation with that one woman was hilarious.Oh yea, anyone else think marlo is about to make a play to destroy the Co-op? He has Chris hunting down info on the Greeks, something is up.

And episode 2

McNulty has lost it, altering the crime scene to make out like there is a serial killer. Wow... thats insane.I wonder where they are going to take this whole Michael story with the conscious about who and why Chris and Snoop are killing people.It's also interesting whats going on at the paper with the guy who clearly made up that story.I wonder what they are going to do to try and bait Omar out of hiding.

With all the previews on the focus being on the newspaper angle I'm glad the first episode caught us up with pretty much everyone with a few exceptions. Looks like the city budget is really screwing the police force.McNulty is back to his old self.Bunk is still being Bunk, I was laughing my ass off when they played that kid in the opening scene.Carcetti looks to be in a touch spotI can't remember the name of the black lady who works with the Mayor, but her cussing at the article in her car was hilarious.Was Bubs supposed to be clean? He looked like he was in better shape than when we last saw him.Where the hell was Omar?I like the guy the show is following at the paper, his conversation with that one woman was hilarious.Oh yea, anyone else think marlo is about to make a play to destroy the Co-op? He has Chris hunting down info on the Greeks, something is up.

And episode 2

McNulty has lost it, altering the crime scene to make out like there is a serial killer. Wow... thats insane.I wonder where they are going to take this whole Michael story with the conscious about who and why Chris and Snoop are killing people.It's also interesting whats going on at the paper with the guy who clearly made up that story.I wonder what they are going to do to try and bait Omar out of hiding.

ep. 1:

McNulty doesn't seem to be same old, same old. In seasons 1-3 he was angry, but still took some joy in his life. Now he acts like someone hell bent on self destruction.Some great lines in this one."And he told your Republican ass to go **** itself, huh? Well let me double down on that."

ep. 2:

Wow, I'm completely blown away. The way McNulty learned about the postmortem bruising was very well done.I think Kima (or maybe McNulty, after talking to Kima) is going to dime to the reporter lady about the triple with the kids. She'll end up working with the guy you're talking about, which is when it may bite him in the ass.Didn't expect Michael to show weakness this soon, but there's no way he's blowing away a kid Bug's age.As for Omar. Avon knows where his granny lives, and I'm fairly sure that would bring him out. Butchie could be targeted too.

Didn't expect Michael to show weakness this soon, but there's no way he's blowing away a kid Bug's age.

He jut seemed a little annoyed they were going after a guy jut for saying some shit that isn't true. I don't think Michael is weak or anything just that if he is going to off someone he expects it to be for a good reason. He seems to be having a little moral dilemma with it, maybe developing an Omar like code.

He jut seemed a little annoyed they were going after a guy jut for saying some shit that isn't true. I don't think Michael is weak or anything just that if he is going to off someone he expects it to be for a good reason. He seems to be having a little moral dilemma with it, maybe developing an Omar like code.

I like the idea of Michael having his own code, but what was the reason for his kill in season 4?. They never really explained what that guy did to deserve it. As usual, we just have to watch and wait.

It was a good episode, definetly a setup for the season. Hard to say where they will go, with this show, you never know. Marlo is definetly up to something. Hopefully someone takes him out.

The guy who leaked episodes 1,2 and 5 was dumb enough to leave some tracker information that lead back to his MySpace page, HBO has tracked him down and is getting him to pull down the episodes. I didn't grab 5 because skipping episodes seems silly, and I've heard there are a few huge plot developments in between 2 and 5 that shouldn't be missed.

I was flipping through channels earlier and came across BET and the people who played Marlo, Slim, Dukie, Michael, Snoop, and Chris were on some talk show. Not very much worth talking about but the person who plays Marlo is going to be on Heroes, Michael is making an album, and Snoop wrote a memoir book.

For those who don't mind spoilers, just type in Wire season 5 leak (no quotes) on youtube and you will see 3-4 segments from later on in the season.
Episodes 5, 6, and 7 leaked, but those clips probably won't be on youtube long though.

Episode 3 really starts putting stuff together.Spoilers since it's only OnDemand right now.

Wow at McNulty's plan and Lester giving him idea's on improving it.Chris and Snoop killing Omar's dude... you know he is going to come back with a fury.Why hasn't Clay Davis said SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET yet this season?I wonder what Burell has on Daniels from the old days that has him sweating things so badly.I like how the newspaper angle is being used to tie everything together.

Episode 3 really starts putting stuff together.Spoilers since it's only OnDemand right now.

Wow at McNulty's plan and Lester giving him idea's on improving it.Chris and Snoop killing Omar's dude... you know he is going to come back with a fury.Why hasn't Clay Davis said SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET yet this season?I wonder what Burell has on Daniels from the old days that has him sweating things so badly.I like how the newspaper angle is being used to tie everything together.

1. Omar comin, yo.2. McNulty and Cool Lester Smooth are both crazy.3. Clay Davis is fukked.4. Daniels will be fine.5. The black guy from the newspaper, the main guy, is pretty cool.