I was looking through websites and decided to look up "Quiet Lion's" website and he had a poker question on the site that his friend asked him. First off I dont know the answer. I havent given it much thought. Sorry if this has been posted.You're playing a pot with me heads up in Texas Hold 'Em. The turn card has been dealt and you currently have the best hand. However, no matter what card comes on the river, you can't win. What are the two hands and what is on the board?

I was looking through websites and decided to look up "Quiet Lion's" website and he had a poker question on the site that his friend asked him. First off I dont know the answer. I havent given it much thought. Sorry if this has been posted.You're playing a pot with me heads up in Texas Hold 'Em. The turn card has been dealt and you currently have the best hand. However, no matter what card comes on the river, you can't win. What are the two hands and what is on the board?
They have the same pair. For instance both have pocket 5'sThe board is A K 6 2 with 3 Diamonds. Quiet Lion has the Diamond. The person playing him currently has the best hand(a tie) but can not win outright.Just a semantic trick, I think.
you: 23me: 34board: kk99 or any double paired combo higher then 4
Problem is if deuce falls the guy with 34 wins with kicker.
If a 2 or 3 came on the river you would still win.
Somebody needs to refresh their memory on the rules of pokah.
Somebody needs to refresh their memory on the rules of pokah.
I edited to mean what I meant, I was thinking you as the poster who wrote that not you as in the OP
They have the same pair. For instance both have pocket 5'sThe board is A K 6 2 with 3 Diamonds. Quiet Lion has the Diamond. The person playing him currently has the best hand(a tie) but can not win outright.Just a semantic trick, I think.
I like the thinking but he said that you are ahead. You are tied here which means you aren't ahead... I wish this could be the answer so I stop thinking about it though

There was a thread about this in offtopic a few weeks ago but I cant remember the answer. Had something to do with being a split pot on river no matter what.Ill try and find the answer.

If the board reads KKQQ and you have 23 and I have 22, you currently have the best hand, but no matter what comes on the river, the best you can do is tie me with 2 pair and x kicker, but I can win with the case duece.
Thread is titled "official brain teaser thread".

What About Board 4433You 2 7Me 56Any river card either makes it a split pot or I win. currently your hand is best, 2 pair 7 kicker.But if an Ace, 2 5 6 or 7 comes, I win outright. any other card is a split pot.What do you guys think??

What About Board 4433You 2 7Me 56Any river card either makes it a split pot or I win. currently your hand is best, 2 pair 7 kicker.But if an Ace, 2 5 6 or 7 comes, I win outright. any other card is a split pot.What do you guys think??
can't find anything wrong with this one
An A is a split pot but the rest of it seems correct. Pretty cool.

Board: AAQQMy hand: 32His hand: 22No matter what hits the river, I can't win, although I have the best hand right now with Aces and Queens, 3 kicker.