Official St. Louis Cardinals Thread

a baseball player losing any eyesight makes it nearly impossible to hit the ball. Things are getting tight now...there's a chance they might pull this thing out...especially if Zambrano can't figure out what he's doing.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's still young
Please dont defend the cubs in here, take that shit to the losers thread.
Breaking news...Mark Mulder still sucks...oh and Dan Haren is good.
Thanks, I had almost blocked that from mind.
that's not defending the Cubs...that's stating fact
You know what I mean. Its just that whenever I think about you, rooting for the Cubs and Cardinals, I cry. And not a single tear, rolling down the cheek. I mean balling, like a baby. Like a newborn, unhappy baby.

What I find funny is as good as Dave Duncan is....and he's the best pitching coach in the majors AINEC...you can't get too carried away as Suppan and Weaver at least have some ability...but I imagine when Walt brought him Kip Wells and was like "ok, do the same thing"...he gave him the Eddie Murphy Trading Places camera face when Randolph Duke told him pork bellies are used to make bacon, which he might find in a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich...you're seeing it again with Joel Piniero...they at least have to have some ability for Duncan to get them lots of free agent mobneys in the following season(s). I think he gave up on Kip Wells already.

Breaking news...Mark Mulder still sucks...oh and Dan Haren is good.
We will never forget this. But really, how often do you have a chance to get a pitcher who is worse than the one you're trading, and it's only gonna cost you 10x as much (at least)? :club: Walt's worst move ever probably.
We will never forget this. But really, how often do you have a chance to get a pitcher who is worse than the one you're trading, and it's only gonna cost you 10x as much (at least)? :club: Walt's worst move ever probably.
And we still haven't seen Daric Barton...
worse than Kip Wells?
And we still haven't seen Daric Barton...
Daric Barton's a dick. I thoroughly enjoyed ripping on him for 9 innings at a Sidewinders/Rivercats game on a thirsty Thursday. I, along with 4 friends, were especially thirsty and lucky that there was enough room on Daric's dugout to hold the 50 or so cups we had to put somewhere. When the Rivercats were up 14-6 after 6 and a half and blew it, man, did I get a fuzzy feeling. After all, there were only like 100 people left and my group was responsible for willing the Sidewinders to sweet, sweet victory.
go on :club:
I can't remember if I thought so for a decent reason of if I was just looking for someone on the other team to focus my drunk rage upon to get the rowdiness started. He was the guy who just happened to catch my negative attention for some reason or other. Perhaps he scowled at some children...or spit on one. I don't know. Come to think of it, we pregamed before the contest. Nothing like showing up drunk to dollar beer night.
Ugh. Knew it was just too good.
Way to turn the best story in baseball season into one of the worst, Ankiel.. ahhahah headshot. It's ashame, 'cause I hate the cardinals, but I was so happy for the guy, it was such a great story and now....
Just cause he took HGH back in 2004 to recover from injury, before it was against baseball policy, under a doctors presciption, doesnt mean he is on it now.
Just cause he took HGH back in 2004 to recover from injury, before it was against baseball policy, under a doctors presciption, doesnt mean he is on it now.
Do you really believe that? Really? You know it's untestable, right? You really believe that? Really?
Do you really believe that? Really? You know it's untestable, right? You really believe that? Really?
I guess I dont care. If I was in the MLB, I'd be on HGH. As long as he keeps hitting I dont care what he puts in his body.
Do you really believe that? Really? You know it's untestable, right?You really believe that? Really?
Not true, there is a blood test that the International Olympic Committee uses to test for the stuff. It was used extensively during the Athens Olympics, and all it would take to get it in baseball is for Selig to call out the players union in a public forum.
I guess I dont care. If I was in the MLB, I'd be on HGH. As long as he keeps hitting I dont care what he puts in his body.
Yeah, that's what I'd expect from the "best fans in baseball." Please....if this were a Cubs player you'd be all over him..but since it is your player, yeah, it's okay for him to use illegal performance enhancing drugs to better his career. That being said..it isn't like Ankiel should be banned for life now or anything...but he at least needs to meet with Selig and all them to discuss it. He isn't a terrible person for it, but what he did was wrong, don't defend him.
but since it is your player, yeah, it's okay for him to use illegal performance enhancing drugs to better his career.
Authorities have not accused Ankiel of any wrongdoing, the newspaper said. According to the Signature records the News cited, he stopped receiving HGH just before baseball banned it in 2005.
Yeah, that's what I'd expect from the "best fans in baseball." Please....if this were a Cubs player you'd be all over him..but since it is your player, yeah, it's okay for him to use illegal performance enhancing drugs to better his career. That being said..it isn't like Ankiel should be banned for life now or anything...but he at least needs to meet with Selig and all them to discuss it. He isn't a terrible person for it, but what he did was wrong, don't defend him.
I have changed my mind over the years on the steriod issue. I even defend Barry Bonds now when people bash him. So your assumption is incorrect. AND DONT EVER BRING UP THE LOSER CUBS IN HERE AGAIN. Unless you are bashing them.