I Just Went To A Mlb Game Or Have Been To Stadiums

Picking up tickets for Aug 7th Tigs vs Twinkies. Will take some pics for this thread.I love going to Comerica Park. I miss the old Tiger Stadium where I used to go as a kid but the Copa is a great park.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump.......went to the Pirates-Giants game on July 28th and PNC Park looked better than ever (maybe they did something different to make it look better for the All Star Game) anyways was a pretty good game even though Bonds went 0-4 and Jason Schdmit (sp.) went from retiring 17 in a row to not being able to find the strike zone during crunch time

Nice pics. I've been there once to see my sox play and lose. It was one of my favorite stadiums and I've been to a lot..

get yourself to yankee stadium in the next couple of years before i closes down (if you havent been yet - or even if you havE)
If I remember Yankee I think we sat in the outfield and you couldn't get to any other part of the ballpark. We were able to because my sister was sick but am I remembering this correctly? Besides that it was a nice and historic place to see. We saw the Yanks and Red Sox play which was definitely nice.
Went to the Tigers game last night and took some shots. Turned out my battery was dying so had no zoom function. Bah! Enjoy.Tigers001.jpgTigers004.jpgTigers005.jpgTigers008.jpgTigers012.jpgTigers013.jpg
its amazing how great detroit looks from those pictures compared to how it actually is. i like to think its going uphill though
  • 10 months later...

Well this seems like an appropriate place to write about this.As stated, I am currently on a 7 day, 6 ballpark trip. Thursday I was at Cleveland, Fri Pitt, Sat Balt, Sun Philly, Mon Boston, and Tues/Wed New York. Pure bliss. But I wanted to post was how disappointed I was in Fenway Park. It's almost spoken of so highly, and is pretty much sacred grounds, but I was left with bad impressions. First off, it appears that even though it is the smallest park in the league, it has a very high percentage of poor seats. The seats I sat in were right down the line in Sec 4, Box 90. When we first sat down, it looked like we would have pretty good seats, and then the game started. People were walking up and down the aisles practically the entire game, and in our seats, this meant we were left with $45 seats to look at people clueless as to where they were supposed to be and as little of the ballgame as possible. They were without a doubt the worst seats I have ever sat in for a sporting event, and I have seen 100 games at the metrodome. It was so bad in fact, after the 3rd inning, my father and I decided to leave our seats and walk around the concourses. Turns out we ended up watching the remainder of the game from the upper level standing room behind and to the right of the rooftop seating, when your looking from homeplate, between the Budweiser and Pepsi signs. Another thing that really disappointed me about the park was the fans. They were the exact opposite of the kind of fans that I have heard about. It appeared to us, and to our buddies in a different section, that the fans weren't even there to watch the baseball game. They were more interested in getting their alcohol and starting the wave. Only once we moved up to the standing room, we finally found some fans that were actually interested in watching the game, and were knowledgeable about the game. And the third thing that really disappointed me, was the overall atmosphere of the park. probably in large part of the fans, I didn't feel any aura, any sense of history at all. It just seemed like an old, odd shaped park. Looking out to the green monster didn't send any chills down my spine.In all reality, this was the least enjoyable of the stadiums we went to, but we still have to go to Yankee Stadium.I'll post about the others once I get back to my place of residence and have more than an hour online.

Words...
You pretty much laid out all the reasons why I want a new stadium. Almost every seat is close because the place is so small, but good luck finding one that's comfortable, points towards home, or doesn't have a pole or three in the way of everything important. Boston has great fans...but they also have some lousy ones. Because they're so popular and because it's so difficult to get tickets, you don't get the best of the bunch - the people who are there for the game, you get those who go because it's trendy, or because they have connections. You were a bit unlucky though. The right field corner is by FAR the worst place to see a game in my experience. If you're far enough back you can't see a ball if it goes higher than 20 feet in the air. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a game from there. I apologize if any fans made any ignorant statements about Neshek. I feel the timing would be right for that one. If you have a chance to go again, I'd recommend it. Get some bleacher seats and it's a lot of fun. If the Sox pull a couple of bad seasons in a row, the fan quality will be a little more representative of what we have to offer. Or even better, maybe they'll someday actually build a nice stadium so those who want to watch a game can actually get them without too much difficulty. Hey, at least you got to see Ellsbury score from second on a wild pitch.
we still have to go to Yankee Stadium.
This is tops on my list to see, mainly because next year is the last year for the stadium. My brother and I are thinking about flying into New York for a ballgame and back to Illinois in the same weekend. If anybody knows of the easiest way to get from La Guardia or JFK to Yankee Stadium the we would be extremely appreciative.

I went to Pitt a few weeks ago. I'll post a few pics later.Enjoy the trip, tmoney.

Well, first time in New York and I love this place. We are staying right in Manhattan so that's pretty sweet. Easy as pie to get places. Easy to get to Yankee Stadium. I even got to see Rupert Gee, although it was towards the end of his working day and he didn't enjoy us coming into his tiny 3 feet by 20 feet deli. About the Stadium, I am glad that I got there before they put up the new one. It is nothing spectacular architecturally, but like I said it is so simple to get there. I was actually in the bleachers tonight, and in the bleachers it appears that food selections are very limited which sucked cause I love my food. But the fans were actually a lot better than the fans in Boston (minus a couple of a-holes we ran into in central station), and I could feel the history more so than I could in Boston. I get another opportunity to judge the place tomorrow at noon, so we'll see if I change my mind at all, but overall I liked Yankee Stadium. Not spectacular by any means, but a good place to see a game. On a ten point scale, my experience was something like a 7.8, in comparison, Fenway was a 6.8On another note there were a couple of Sopranos cast members sightings in the Stadium tonight, I love(d) that show. After seeing 10 Ballparks, I am going to give a ranking based on my experiences.1. Philadelphia2. Pittsburgh3. Detroit4. Kansas City-I love fountains5. Baltimore6. Cleveland7. New York-Yanks8. Chicago-Sox9. Boston10. MinnesotaI feel bad. Baseball is my religion, and dissing Fenway is like heresy.And also, about the Boston fans. A large part of the problem there is the size of the upper concourse, and aisle. They are not at all large enough to facilitate the large crowds that Fenway gets, and results in people stuck in the aisles. But of all ten parks I've been too, Boston were the least courteous fans, moving up and down during the innings. Fenway didn't have an announcement to minimize movement and wait until inning breaks, and there was a complete lack of ushers to help do so. I thought that was just common baseball park etiquette.ETA: and no picture of Fenway and Philly due to the fact that a Philly native decided he too liked my camera.

1. Philadelphia2. Pittsburgh3. Detroit4. Kansas City-I love fountains5. Baltimore6. Cleveland7. New York-Yanks8. Chicago-Sox9. Boston10. Minnesota
You really need to get to the West Coast. It seems you are in love with the newer stadiums. And, if those are what float your boat, then San Francisco and Seattle will be among your top 5 with Colorado perhaps edging out Detroit.San Francisco's park should be No. 1 on anyone's list. It is the best park because the absense of right field stands helps makes it seem so much more intimate.Although I haven't been to Pittsburgh or Philly and I've heard those two are quite amazing in their own right.My rankings of the ones I've been to:1. San Fran2. Seattle3. Colorado4. Anaheim5. LA6. Anaheim (pre remodel)7. KingdomeAdding: ChiCubs, Milwaukee, St. Louis, and Kansas City this summer.
Well, first time in New York and I love this place. We are staying right in Manhattan so that's pretty sweet. Easy as pie to get places. Easy to get to Yankee Stadium. I even got to see Rupert Gee, although it was towards the end of his working day and he didn't enjoy us coming into his tiny 3 feet by 20 feet deli. About the Stadium, I am glad that I got there before they put up the new one. It is nothing spectacular architecturally, but like I said it is so simple to get there. I was actually in the bleachers tonight, and in the bleachers it appears that food selections are very limited which sucked cause I love my food. But the fans were actually a lot better than the fans in Boston (minus a couple of a-holes we ran into in central station), and I could feel the history more so than I could in Boston. I get another opportunity to judge the place tomorrow at noon, so we'll see if I change my mind at all, but overall I liked Yankee Stadium. Not spectacular by any means, but a good place to see a game. On a ten point scale, my experience was something like a 7.8, in comparison, Fenway was a 6.8On another note there were a couple of Sopranos cast members sightings in the Stadium tonight, I love(d) that show. After seeing 10 Ballparks, I am going to give a ranking based on my experiences.1. Philadelphia2. Pittsburgh3. Detroit4. Kansas City-I love fountains5. Baltimore6. Cleveland7. New York-Yanks8. Chicago-Sox9. Boston10. MinnesotaI feel bad. Baseball is my religion, and dissing Fenway is like heresy.And also, about the Boston fans. A large part of the problem there is the size of the upper concourse, and aisle. They are not at all large enough to facilitate the large crowds that Fenway gets, and results in people stuck in the aisles. But of all ten parks I've been too, Boston were the least courteous fans, moving up and down during the innings. Fenway didn't have an announcement to minimize movement and wait until inning breaks, and there was a complete lack of ushers to help do so. I thought that was just common baseball park etiquette.ETA: and no picture of Fenway and Philly due to the fact that a Philly native decided he too liked my camera.
two words for you...Saint Louis-gorgeous stadium-the most knowledgeable and most passionate fans in all of baseball-95% of the stadium will be wearing red-10 World Series Titles (second only to the Yankees)see one game there and you will know how St. Louis earned the nicknames "Baseball City USA" and "The Mecca of Baseball"there isn't a better city to watch a game in

I've been to Miller Park about 10 times, and the good old County Stadium about 15 times. Sausage races never get old.I'm hoping to get to Wrigley Field to watch a game in the next couple of years, it's a stadium I've wanted to go to since I was very young.

two words for you...Saint Louis-gorgeous stadium-the most knowledgeable and most passionate fans in all of baseball-95% of the stadium will be wearing red-10 World Series Titles (second only to the Yankees)see one game there and you will know how St. Louis earned the nicknames "Baseball City USA" and "The Mecca of Baseball"there isn't a better city to watch a game in
generally agree, unless for some reason you have a couple guys sitting behind you who decide they want to come to a baseball game and discuss Stem Cell Research for at least 3 innings. That was an annoying experience.
Rather than posting pictures here, follow this linkhttp://ballparktrips.blogspot.com/
As stated a while ago in this thread, I am from the Pittsburgh area. I checked out your blog on your Pittsburgh stop...
we were able to find a tourist destination across the river with a HardRock Café and Joe’s Crab Shack.
It's called "Station Square", in case you cared. :club:
During the game, I noticed that the Pirates have a much cooler team song than I have ever heard.
I'm guessing I know what song you mean. The actually know the guy that did the song, his dad works with me. I believe he has it on mp3, if you want me to hook you up with it.
Some of the negatives of the park...with another being the food selection. There wasn’t much for unique selection, and the traditional stuff wasn’t all that great.
I'm pretty surprised to hear you say this. Everyone that I know said they liked the selection of unique foods, and I copied this from a website..."Come hungry! PNC Park offers a wide variety of local favorites alongside more traditional ballpark fare. Yes, you can still find peanuts, hotdogs & Cracker Jacks. But you can also enjoy pierogies, kielbasa and local pizza from Vincent's in Greentree. At Manny's barbeque, you'll often find former Pirates catcher Manny Sanguillen signing autographs while you wait in line for one of the barbeque specials. At Quaker Steak & Lube -- a restaurant with roots here in Western PA -- you'll find great wings in a variety of sauces (dare you to try the ATOMIC wings). There are also good fish sandwiches at Benkovitz Seafood and greek food at Pop-A-Dukes Gyros. If you're hungry, the best, however, is the Pittsburgh famous Primanti Brothers sandwich which piles huge servings of meat, cheese, cole slaw and french fries all between two buns."
Getting out of the ballpark was a breeze, but we had trouble getting back on the expressway. Only cost us a half hour, but frustrating nonetheless.
Yea, driving here sucks, especially when you take the routes they tell you to.
As stated a while ago in this thread, I am from the Pittsburgh area. I checked out your blog on your Pittsburgh stop...It's called "Station Square", in case you cared. :club:I'm guessing I know what song you mean. The actually know the guy that did the song, his dad works with me. I believe he has it on mp3, if you want me to hook you up with it.I'm pretty surprised to hear you say this. Everyone that I know said they liked the selection of unique foods, and I copied this from a website..."Come hungry! PNC Park offers a wide variety of local favorites alongside more traditional ballpark fare. Yes, you can still find peanuts, hotdogs & Cracker Jacks. But you can also enjoy pierogies, kielbasa and local pizza from Vincent's in Greentree. At Manny's barbeque, you'll often find former Pirates catcher Manny Sanguillen signing autographs while you wait in line for one of the barbeque specials. At Quaker Steak & Lube -- a restaurant with roots here in Western PA -- you'll find great wings in a variety of sauces (dare you to try the ATOMIC wings). There are also good fish sandwiches at Benkovitz Seafood and greek food at Pop-A-Dukes Gyros. If you're hungry, the best, however, is the Pittsburgh famous Primanti Brothers sandwich which piles huge servings of meat, cheese, cole slaw and french fries all between two buns."Yea, driving here sucks, especially when you take the routes they tell you to.
Are you talking about the song with the little fake animated video? If yes then the Sox play that one too with a sweet video before each home game.When I went to the park a few week ago vs. the White Sox, I noticed a lot of unique foods. I ordered shrimp with fries and I had never seen anything like that at a ballpark. The food was great. Driving to the park wasn't horrible from where we came from except on the way back there was a truck turned over, which slowed things down significantly.Also, I felt like the seats were awfully close to each other. Maybe I'm not used to having people at ballgames. heh.I like the layout of the park and the yellow bridge behind it. The park seemed nice but not quite like Philly.
Are you talking about the song with the little fake animated video? If yes then the Sox play that one too with a sweet video before each home game.
No, it's a Pirates song, has "Let's Go Bucs!" in it.
No, it's a Pirates song, has "Let's Go Bucs!" in it.
I'm really slow.. I know there was some video at the beginning with some ships fighting. Wasn't sure if the song played then. I really wasn't listening.