I just decided to start watching, purely on your reccomendations. I don't know where I saw them. Maybe you posted this originally in Off-Topic or something, not sure. But I'm just about done with the miniseries (thankyou brvheart and your awesomest website ever). It's okay so far, but I'm not hooked or anything. I'm hoping it gets better during the "first season"Wang
It does, I thought the Miniseries was decent but a bit slow. The action picks up during the first season.
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a few weeks is an episode called THE EYE OF JUPITER. I think that's gonna be a good one...
Ah, I love being right. Definitely back on track with last week's episode.
I just decided to start watching, purely on your reccomendations. I don't know where I saw them. Maybe you posted this originally in Off-Topic or something, not sure. But I'm just about done with the miniseries (thankyou brvheart and your awesomest website ever). It's okay so far, but I'm not hooked or anything. I'm hoping it gets better during the "first season"Wang
Yeah, the miniseries is definitely slow. I actually didn't watch it until I'd seen a few of the regular episodes first, and decided that I absolutely loved the show. When I went back and watched the miniseries it was kinda like doing homework. Watch the first regular episode of the first season, titled "33," and I think you'll see how goddam amazing the show is.
Ah, I love being right. Definitely back on track with last week's episode. Yeah, the miniseries is definitely slow. I actually didn't watch it until I'd seen a few of the regular episodes first, and decided that I absolutely loved the show. When I went back and watched the miniseries it was kinda like doing homework. Watch the first regular episode of the first season, titled "33," and I think you'll see how goddam amazing the show is.
Yeah, I think I've seen the first seven episodes now, and I really like the show. Well acted, well-written. Well-developed characters. I'll definitely watch the entire franchise on Christmas Day while my family is at the family Christmas, and I'm staying home, out of hate.Wang
An interview with the show creator including some hints at whats to come in the second half of the season.Link
SPOILER (sort of):I think that either Lee's wife Dualla (sp?) or Starbuck's hubby (or both, I guess) will be the characters who die, opening up the chance for Lee and Starbuck to be together. Kinda obvious I guess, but all of the actual "main" characters are too important to the show to die. I guess Tigh could kick the bucket, or the chief, but I don't think either of the Adamas, Roslin, Starbuck, Gaius, etc will be dying anytime soon. Kind of unrelated - I hope Gaius gets more screentime in the 2nd half of the season than he has in the last few episodes. I think he's easily the most interesting character.
Kind of unrelated - I hope Gaius gets more screentime in the 2nd half of the season than he has in the last few episodes. I think he's easily the most interesting character.
I was thinking along the same lines as you are as far as whole will die, but now I am starting to think thats the obvious plotline and they will be more creative.As far as Baltar, I'm actually a little tired of him. I'd almost be fine if the Cylons handed him over and he got airlocked.

Sharon is definitely one sexy, sexy robot. And so is #6 obviously....I might just have to get that Playboy. And also, I didn't listen to that Starbuck interview yet (doing like 4 things at once already), but from what I can tell she's one of the most popular characters, I don't think they'll kill her unless the series is ending.

Sharon is definitely one sexy, sexy robot. And so is #6 obviously....I might just have to get that Playboy. And also, I didn't listen to that Starbuck interview yet (doing like 4 things at once already), but from what I can tell she's one of the most popular characters, I don't think they'll kill her unless the series is ending.
She hints at it pretty heavily, but in the original series Starbuck made it to Earth. I wonder if they plan to deviate from that.
  • 2 weeks later...
"If it goes forward, the two hour telefilm will shoot in March during the series hiatus and prior to the commencement of production on the series fourth season in June."I do believe that's also the first confirmation I've heard of a 4th season.
"If it goes forward, the two hour telefilm will shoot in March during the series hiatus and prior to the commencement of production on the series fourth season in June."I do believe that's also the first confirmation I've heard of a 4th season.
I thought it was already green lighted to finish the series which is only supposed to go 5 seasons anyway.
I thought it was already green lighted to finish the series which is only supposed to go 5 seasons anyway.
Nah awhile ago I checked out the BSG forums at scifi.com and they said there wasn't any word yet on a 4th season, let alone a 5th.

So if I am a major Star Trek: The Next Generation fan, would I like this show? Mind you, I couldn't care less about the rest of the Star Trek shows (Enterprise was okay, but forgetable) ... I'm thinking about Netflixing the first season and need a little convincing.

So if I am a major Star Trek: The Next Generation fan, would I like this show? Mind you, I couldn't care less about the rest of the Star Trek shows (Enterprise was okay, but forgetable) ... I'm thinking about Netflixing the first season and need a little convincing.
I liked TNG, and it has absolutely nothing on BSG. Start with the Miniseries, it's a little slow but the back story is pretty mandatory. Once you get into season 1 you will see it's one of the best sci-fi shows ever done. You don't get the ridiculous technobabble of Star Trek, and there is an overall plot that carries through to each episode where that wasn't really done in the Star Trek series (with the exception of the later DS9 stuff).
I like star trek a bit, and like you, only TNG. After watching Battlestar Galactica the last couple years, Star Trek TNG episodes just seems kinda lame and silly. Trust me, it's soooooooo much better than star trek. If you're a Next Generation fan, you will completely love this show.
So if I am a major Star Trek: The Next Generation fan, would I like this show? Mind you, I couldn't care less about the rest of the Star Trek shows (Enterprise was okay, but forgetable) ...
Well, the executive producer (and more or less creator of the new Galactica series) also was a writer and producer for TNG (after season 3), so there is some connection. The series themselves don't have that much in common though, the future in BSG is much "dirtier" and more realistic in a way. And the stories are extremely well written, the characters are very believable - they are desperate people with flaws. They aren't perfect, sometimes they are heroic, sometimes not, they make mistakes and have pay for them.If you have any interest in sci-fi , you have to watch it, although comparing BSG to TNG is unfair to both series in my opinion.
comparing BSG to TNG is unfair to both series in my opinion.
In a way yea... the almost seem made for two different audiences though sci-fi fans probably would enjoy both for different reasons. BSG is just much more gritty and realistic (as far as sci-fi goes) and imo has better character development than ST ever had.

Without having read the last few pages:I'm a bit sick of BSG :club: The last five or six episodes of season two were decidedly mediocre I thought. The writing dropped off really quickly, How good is season three?

Without having read the last few pages:I'm a bit sick of BSG :club: The last five or six episodes of season two were decidedly mediocre I thought. The writing dropped off really quickly, How good is season three?
The first 4ish episodes are great, theres a little bit of filler up to the mid season finale but I think it's been pretty good.