I just started watching this show on dvd, never seen it before. Just finished season 1. Oh my God it is like the best ****ing show ever. Totally awesome, and not at all what I had expected. Who else loves this show?Filesharer, you've got Gaius Balthar on your avatar, so I know you're a fan.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started watching this show on dvd, never seen it before. Just finished season 1. Oh my God it is like the best ****ing show ever. Totally awesome, and not at all what I had expected.
Absolutely, it is an amazing show, and it just gets better in season 2. The story-arc in the middle of season 2 (don't want to spoil anything) is some of the best fracking tv ever imo. At least it is definately one the best sci-fi-shows ever.I can't wait for season 3 (starts in october btw as far as I know, not january)[change the title of the topic please, that bugs me]
I just started watching this show on dvd, never seen it before. Just finished season 1. Oh my God it is like the best ****ing show ever. Totally awesome, and not at all what I had expected. Who else loves this show?
yes it's a great show. lorne greene really makes an awesome commander.oh.. wait..
[change the title of the topic please, that bugs me]
Would that I could. Sorry it was pretty late when I posted this. Or is there a way for me to edit it? Olmos is awesome.

Hey Tim, found the thread. Yep, this show fracking rocks. It has everything. I'm nearly finished series one. The series 2 boxset isn't out over here yet. Damn you whoever distributes BSG!SpoilersI used to watch the original show when I was a kid. It was obviously space cheese and family entertainment. The first time I watched the new series within five minutes they were beating up and about to rape the Boomer cylon! Holy sh!t! But that's part of what makes it so great.

Hey Tim, found the thread. Yep, this show fracking rocks. It has everything. I'm nearly finished series one. The series 2 boxset isn't out over here yet. Damn you whoever distributes BSG!SpoilersI used to watch the original show when I was a kid. It was obviously space cheese and family entertainment. The first time I watched the new series within five minutes they were beating up and about to rape the Boomer cylon! Holy sh!t! But that's part of what makes it so great.
Yeah the new BSG is a grown-up sci-fi show, which makes it infinitely more interesting and entertaining. However, the only potential downside for that is getting joe average to suspend disbelief long enough to get past the scifi nature of it to grasp the human drama that is unfolding. But, thankfully, there's enough of us out there that the show shouldn't disappear anytime soon...This last season was great...I won't give you any real plot lines (unless you ask) but the next season is set up to be fracking amazing
Hey I hope I didn't give anything away in the other thread....I assumed you were ahead of me in episodes. Also, I totally have a huge crush on Starbuck.bgsgall20.jpg

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!Filesharer don't read this.I just finished the episode where they find the tomb of Athena. The "map to earth" is easily the coolest ****ing thing I have ever seen. I was like, waaaaaaaaaait they couldn't see those constellations from where they are......ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit!!!! Beautiful scene.I don't know what I am gonna do when I run out of episodes. Hibernate until October I guess.

I didn't want to like this show because I used to be a major sci-fi geek and then this show comes along and makes sci-fi cool? But then I watched it, and well I guess I'm a sci-fi geek again.

I didn't want to like this show because I used to be a major sci-fi geek and then this show comes along and makes sci-fi cool? But then I watched it, and well I guess I'm a sci-fi geek again.
Welcome back into the fold...
Not a spoiler:Gaius Baltar is the funniest character on tv."You know for a self-aware cybernetic life-form, sometimes you can be unbearably obtuse."
Tim, do you have any idea when the 2nd series is being released on region 2? I can't find out and I need my fracking fix dammit!

I don't know. Fortunately my roommate is good with computers, and managed to download all of the second half of season 2. I actually just finished watching the finale.......WOW. That's all I can say. Do you know anywhere to download tv shows from? All I know is that my roommate uses Azureus.

"Hard times ahead for Starbuck" Chicago Tribune April 20thSassy Starbuck doesn't have the best luck, but in the new season of "Battlestar Galactica" it's about to get much worse, Zap2it.com reports. Actress Katee Sackhoff sat down with reporters recently and revealed a bit of what's in store for her "BSG" character, Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace. "She goes through a lot of turmoil in the first four episodes, more than we've ever seen her [go through]. But the depths of despair she finds herself in are pretty deep at the end of Episode 4, and she kind of re-establishes her commitment to the military in Episode 5." She also reveals that Starbuck will have a new love interest--"a very unlikely man, and that everyone is going to be so livid over"--but she won't reveal who it is. A Cylon perhaps? Sackhoff has learned to weather criticism, especially from the fans of the original series, in which Starbuck was a man. "There are definitely still...people out there who are purists and they don't want anything to do with Starbuck being a female, and that's fine," she says. "I'm developing a very thick skin." "Occupation," the "BSG" season premiere, will air in October.A bit of "BSG" trivia from the Gossip section of the paper this morning. Gotta love "Sassy Starbuck" as a woman. :club:

Filesharer, any luck downloading season 2.5? Or are you unable to get any of season 2 at all? They split it into two parts, episodes 2.1-2.10 were released on dvd, 2.11-2.20 haven't been yet.

Filesharer, any luck downloading season 2.5? Or are you unable to get any of season 2 at all? They split it into two parts, episodes 2.1-2.10 were released on dvd, 2.11-2.20 haven't been yet.
I couldn't get azareus to work, but that tvtorrent site looks good. It only has the second half of season 2, but I can buy the dvd with the first half. My laptop plays US dvds, I just would have preferred to watch it on a tv...

Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN has a funny BG review. I have to agree with his points that the show is filled with "idiots".It's near the bottom after he goes thru his "mock draft".TMQ

Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN has a funny BG review. I have to agree with his points that the show is filled with "idiots".It's near the bottom after he goes thru his "mock draft".TMQ
Meh. It's not that they're idiots, it's that Baltar is so damn smart.
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, I found out that this cheap dvd player that I had sitting on a shelf gathering dust, plays US dvds, so I ordered the first half of season 2. Then I'll download the second half from tv torrents. :club: