Just saw last week's episode. Really a great episode I thought. I'm not understanding why Adama doesn't want to investigate and probably execute Helo. I mean he did save the series, but he also saved the cylons :club: I was wondering how they were going to fail in what seemed like a pretty ridiculously easy way to wipe out the whole cylon race. One thing though - if they infected one of the regeneration ships, why would all the cylons everywhere die? It's not like the entire race travels together -- we don't even know where the cylon homeworld is, if there is one, or how many battlestarsbase ships they have in total. Hey does anybody know what kind of schedule they have for the show? As in, how long are they running new episodes for, do they have any plans for a 4th season, etc.
He didn't completely disagree with Helo in the first place, and he made it clear he didn't want to take responsibility for the decision to use a bio-weapon in the first place.
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't completely disagree with Helo in the first place, and he made it clear he didn't want to take responsibility for the decision to use a bio-weapon in the first place.
Good points, but Helo is also guilty of aiding the enemy in a time of war. Obviously they don't know 100% whether it was Helo or Athena, but I think Adama could find out easily enough.By the way I did a little research regarding my other question, and they have 20 new episodes airing this season (of which they've shown 7 so far). No word yet on a 4th season.
Good points, but Helo is also guilty of aiding the enemy in a time of war. Obviously they don't know 100% whether it was Helo or Athena, but I think Adama could find out easily enough.By the way I did a little research regarding my other question, and they have 20 new episodes airing this season (of which they've shown 7 so far). No word yet on a 4th season.
Exactly. Furthermore, Helo contravened orders. Adama not wanting to dig into this seems to be a 180 from his confrontation with Starbuck and Tigh last week. Adama was so concerned with unit cohesion that he grounded Starbuck then all of a sudden he's not concerned enough to check into someone sabotaging his orders?
Exactly. Furthermore, Helo contravened orders. Adama not wanting to dig into this seems to be a 180 from his confrontation with Starbuck and Tigh last week. Adama was so concerned with unit cohesion that he grounded Starbuck then all of a sudden he's not concerned enough to check into someone sabotaging his orders?
Yeah, although we'll have to wait til next week to see what he actually does. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes Tigh back as his acting XO and sends Helo off in shame to the brig or something.
Yeah, although we'll have to wait til next week to see what he actually does. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes Tigh back as his acting XO and sends Helo off in shame to the brig or something.
I was trying to figure out what the best punishment would be:1) show him the wrong side of an open airlock2) bust him back to civilian to scrape out an existence on another ship3) show him and Athena the wrong side of an open airlock, since she's bad for unit cohesion as well4) put one behind his ear in secretI'm torn between 1 and 2. 1 is good because it sends a message that treason/mutiny won't be tolerated, but could be bad for morale since he's fairly popular, and frankly, with only about 40k left in the race they really can't afford to lose much more genetic variation. I like 2 because it sets a lasting example. It's a bit more dangerous though because eventually he'll probably get enough resentment to do something harmful to the fleet.

Yeah I'm thinking they've killed off enough supporting characters for awhile (Tigh's wife, the police-kid), but the penalty for what Helo did is obviously death. Just depends if Adama actually thinks what he did was wrong. Also I checked out the sci-fi forum to find out about new episodes, and I found this post by somebody, which I thought was interesting:Thread title: Helo saves humanityPost: . . . and proves that mankind is worthy of survival. Adama didn't have an answer when Sharon asked him that question. Helo just provided the answer.

So did anybody see last week's episode? I thought it was kind of weak. It didn't really seem to fit in with the general character of the show, kind of like everything was too perfect. Also, it had continuity errors with earlier episodes - Adama was supposed to have been in command of BSG for awhile, and his crew had been with him for years, yet now they say that just one year prior to the attack he was commanding a different ship. This can make sense because it was a special ops mission, but he said during the flashback that he wanted his crew with him on the secret mission, yet Starbuck, Apollo, et al had never met or heard of Bulldog when he showed up. I do however like Tigh's new eyepatch. :club: And the shot of Baltar in bed with the 2 naked cylons was pretty hilarious.

So did anybody see last week's episode? I thought it was kind of weak. It didn't really seem to fit in with the general character of the show, kind of like everything was too perfect. Also, it had continuity errors with earlier episodes - Adama was supposed to have been in command of BSG for awhile, and his crew had been with him for years, yet now they say that just one year prior to the attack he was commanding a different ship. This can make sense because it was a special ops mission, but he said during the flashback that he wanted his crew with him on the secret mission, yet Starbuck, Apollo, et al had never met or heard of Bulldog when he showed up. I do however like Tigh's new eyepatch. :club: And the shot of Baltar in bed with the 2 naked cylons was pretty hilarious.
I've been getting that vibe too, starting with the end of the episode before last. It's like the writers are starting to paint themselves into little corners and the only way out is to have the characters do something very contrary to their established persona. It seems also like they're kind of flailing about this season to highlight the fact that the fleet doesn't really seem to be all that dedicated to the mission of searching for Earth, and they are suffering for it. Which is okay, but getting a little tiresome.I'm soooo glad they finally got Tigh a patch, the gauze was getting on my last nerve for some reason. For that opening few seconds I was completely jealous of Baltar.
For that opening few seconds I was completely jealous of Baltar.
Hahaha, yeah they're cylons, but Baltar is still a PIMP.And even though some of the recent episodes are a little up and down, there are still some great parts, and it's still the best show on tv. I just rewatched Exodus 1 & 2, and it's really pretty amazing.
Hahaha, yeah they're cylons, but Baltar is still a PIMP.And even though some of the recent episodes are a little up and down, there are still some great parts, and it's still the best show on tv. I just rewatched Exodus 1 & 2, and it's really pretty amazing.
I only started watching this show after seeing a series recap before season 3. Now I have gone back this past weekend and watched all of the first season and the majority of season 2 (about 2/3rds of it) and am totally hooked.Great show, has a few flaws but it's the best sci-fi show since Firefly.
I only started watching this show after seeing a series recap before season 3. Now I have gone back this past weekend and watched all of the first season and the majority of season 2 (about 2/3rds of it) and am totally hooked.Great show, has a few flaws but it's the best sci-fi show since Firefly.
I actually haven't ever seen Firefly, but I might go watch it now (I've heard that it's really great, and I noticed they have it on the Awesomest Website Ever). Season 2 of BSG, except for maybe 2 or 3 episodes, was totally amazing. The first couple episodes of season 3 were great, and I'm definitely betting that they will have some more amazing episodes this season. I think soon the show will take a new twist, and the season 3 story arc will become apparent. On their website you can see the titles for a few upcoming episodes - in a few weeks is an episode called THE EYE OF JUPITER. I think that's gonna be a good one...
I actually haven't ever seen Firefly, but I might go watch it now (I've heard that it's really great, and I noticed they have it on the Awesomest Website Ever). Season 2 of BSG, except for maybe 2 or 3 episodes, was totally amazing. The first couple episodes of season 3 were great, and I'm definitely betting that they will have some more amazing episodes this season. I think soon the show will take a new twist, and the season 3 story arc will become apparent. On their website you can see the titles for a few upcoming episodes - in a few weeks is an episode called THE EYE OF JUPITER. I think that's gonna be a good one...
You'll love it. It's the Galactica to BSG's Pegasus.

I thought tonights episode was pretty lame, I lost interest and starting gaming it halfway through. Too much along the lines of a sci-fi soap opera IMHO.

I thought tonights episode was pretty lame, I lost interest and starting gaming it halfway through. Too much along the lines of a sci-fi soap opera IMHO.
The thing I didn't like about the last 1/2 of the second season was the constant need to use flashbacks as a storytelling device. They seem to be continuing the trend this season and I don't like it. It's becoming a crutch for the writers.However, I liked this episode for a few reasons. There was interesting development between Starbuck and Lee. It was a bit of a payoff for all the unusually tense moments they have shared over the series, the question now is how do things move forward from here with their respective significant others.More interesting was the whole underlying premise of the episode, boxing matches without rank being involved to clear old grudges. Adama taking on the chief I thought was interesting, it was a look into how he let his hope of a better life get in the way of protecting the people under him and it was his chance to make it clear he wouldn't let it happen again.
The thing I didn't like about the last 1/2 of the second season was the constant need to use flashbacks as a storytelling device. They seem to be continuing the trend this season and I don't like it. It's becoming a crutch for the writers.However, I liked this episode for a few reasons. There was interesting development between Starbuck and Lee. It was a bit of a payoff for all the unusually tense moments they have shared over the series, the question now is how do things move forward from here with their respective significant others.More interesting was the whole underlying premise of the episode, boxing matches without rank being involved to clear old grudges. Adama taking on the chief I thought was interesting, it was a look into how he let his hope of a better life get in the way of protecting the people under him and it was his chance to make it clear he wouldn't let it happen again.
I couldn't agree more with your view on their relying on flashbacks. Starbuck has been getting on my last nerve lately. Instead of being the strong, independant woman that they portrayed her as in the beginning she is now acting just plain mean. There's a big difference between being strong and being a bitch. I dunno, maybe it's because that type of personality reminds me of a few ex's and I can't stand that crap.the speech the admiral gave at the end was about the only part I enjoyed of tonights episode. it was a good premise, the boxing matches, but i think it just came up short.

I agree that that episode was pretty weak, just a filler episode basically. Adama's speach was interesting, and so was Starbuck and Apollo getting together kind of, but they didn't need to devote a whole friggin episode to it. Oh well, last season had a few fillers, and this season has too.

Starbuck has been getting on my last nerve lately. Instead of being the strong, independant woman that they portrayed her as in the beginning she is now acting just plain mean. There's a big difference between being strong and being a bitch.
Well she was held prisoner by that cylon for a long time and I think that messed her up a bit, at least when she first got back to the Galactica. Seems like the got all her aggression out on Lee though...

woo tonight was a stinker. They have the ability to transverse galaxies, and have all of three dimensional space to move in and they go THROUGH a star cluster? As a result they lose ships and people. Did they get new writers or something?

woo tonight was a stinker. They have the ability to transverse galaxies, and have all of three dimensional space to move in and they go THROUGH a star cluster? As a result they lose ships and people. Did they get new writers or something?
They said they could go around, it was a time issue.. they were starving. Baltar was creeping me out, so is the cylon who keeps killing herself to draw pictures. There looks to be an interesting confrontation next week.

Yeah, that was definitely a terrible and disappointing episode. Where was Roslin? How come all of a sudden they're out of food? And what, now they're gonna eat algae forever? And yeah, since they can "jump," it is unclear why they didn't just jump through the star cluster, or whatever the hell it was. And lastly, even the death of a supporting character (Kat) was a letdown. She didn't even have a funereal or anything, and it was kind of unclear that she had actually died. Anyways, apparently next week is the end of the "fall season" of BSG, so I guess it'll be the last episode for at least a few weeks. Hopefully it's back up to standards....

I'm fine with the logistics of why they had to jump through the way they did, if they made all the jumps to go around they would have starved in the meantime. THey also made it clear it was dangerous to jump through for civ vessels that without radiation shielding they would have all kinds of problems, I get that. It was the other seeming random stuff that wasn't clear I didnt like.Starbuck accusing Kat of aiding the cylon attack, Kat and the guy from her past and the interaction with Starbuck all seemed edited poorly. Kat's death is a bit disappointing because she was great for going head to head with Starbuck, and why no follow up on last weeks episode with Starbuck and Lee? Just seemed really disjointed.

This show knows how to do cliffhangers...and perfect use of the drums during the last sequencesI had trouble hearing the part where they explained why they couldn't recall the raiders - was it because Deanna and Balthar left no way to be contacted?At least it's only until 1/21 this time

I just started watching this show on dvd, never seen it before. Just finished season 1. Oh my God it is like the best ****ing show ever. Totally awesome, and not at all what I had expected. Who else loves this show?Filesharer, you've got Gaius Balthar on your avatar, so I know you're a fan.
I just decided to start watching, purely on your reccomendations. I don't know where I saw them. Maybe you posted this originally in Off-Topic or something, not sure. But I'm just about done with the miniseries (thankyou brvheart and your awesomest website ever). It's okay so far, but I'm not hooked or anything. I'm hoping it gets better during the "first season"Wang