What Sort Of Income Do You Have?

What is our income type?  

93 members have voted

1. 1.

• Straight commision
    • Steady Paycheck
    • Student aide/ parental support

I am wondering about my fellow FCPs gambling nature. Do most of you have a steady income or does that have variance as well?For me, I have been on straight commission for over 20 years. I own my own mortgage business, and the swings in my pay are tremendous. Last year, I made 50% of all my income in 3 months. I also had another 3 months that I made no money at all. I believe I am a gambler by nature, and that is why I play poker. What about you?

I am wondering about my fellow FCPs gambling nature. Do most of you have a steady income or does that have variance as well?For me, I have been on straight commission for over 20 years. I own my own mortgage business, and the swings in my pay are tremendous. Last year, I made 50% of all my income in 3 months. I also had another 3 months that I made no money at all. I believe I am a gambler by nature, and that is why I play poker. What about you?
None of the above...I own my business. Guess commission is the closest option.

I have a bankroll...I built it up from 100 dollars. I play within my limits and the rules of bankroll management.EDIT:I also have a steady paycheck, but I think my game selection exceeds what I would play if I didn't have my bankroll.

I have a steady income in my job plus commision. I am a Marketing Manager for a Apartment Complex in Detroit and I get a base salary and then I get commision based on how many apartments are full on a quartely basis.

You forgot an option for those who just play poker. Cuz i'm a freaking pro man. How dare you insult me by thinking i might not want to respond to this poll as a straight pro. I'm a freaking baller and i want everybody to know it. (well...at least think it)

If you play poker for a living or own your own business then you would be straight commission in my opinion. The question is about risk tolerance.

Not a surpirse, 75% of us have a variable income in the early results. I ask people at the table sometimes, and I have yet to find a state worker sitting there. It almost always leans heavy on people who take risks in their jobs.Keep the votes rolling in.

self employed...just hoping to collect it all...bigest problem with poker is not having a bankroll.best part of poker never losing a bankroll you don't have...

Not a surpirse, 75% of us have a variable income in the early results. I ask people at the table sometimes, and I have yet to find a state worker sitting there. It almost always leans heavy on people who take risks in their jobs.Keep the votes rolling in.
I'm not sure if you can assume a person who has a steady job as being risk adverse.I'm willing to bet that the primary reason behind this is the fact that a steady job interferes with heavy poker play. It isn't like I take tons of time off from my job to go play poker.

- Steady job that pays me a salary (inside sales)- Part time job that pays me an hourly wage (retail)- Poker and Fantasy SportsMy biggest problem is the fact that I dont like to lose anything, but especially money.

I answered steady paycheck because that's what I have right now. I dont' think I could do most commission jobs because I'm not that good at selling things. Risk-wise though I certainly wouldn't mind taking a commission from my poker winnings each month and living off that. If I could ever build the bankroll to get there.

Steady salary, quarterly bonus and a couple % of net sales for 14 retail stores.