Amarillo Slim Documentary

nicholas cage is also playing him in an upcoming motion picture......maybe they will leave out the child molesting
Even if he really did that to his granddaughter or niece, it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the greatest gamblers who ever lived. This guy is one of the main reasons why poker and the WSOP is as popular as it is today.
Even if he really did that to his granddaughter or niece, it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the greatest gamblers who ever lived. This guy is one of the main reasons why poker and the WSOP is as popular as it is today.
not as important as Chris Moneymaker.sw.......but only a little bit..sadly.
and OJ was a great running back!!!
and OJ was a great running back!!!
Don't be so quick to judge, you forget most professional gamblers are complete degenerates.
there is a diffrence from being a degenerate and being the scum of the earth
It is not even proven that he actually did it!

He fixed sports games. Not the kind of guy I'd like to sit down in a backroom poker game with. Sounds like a pretty shady character. Good gambler? Yes. Role model? Hell no.He once said that "the day a woman wins the World Series of Poker, he'd slit his throat."Damn! I wish that would have happened.

never heard these amarillo slim allegations. Where did you guys here this? link please.J
google is your friend, since that's what i did a month ago when i heard about amarillo slim molesting someone and wanted to know more about it.
google is your friend, since that's what i did a month ago when i heard about amarillo slim molesting someone and wanted to know more about it.
What is google?? Mr. smart a$$.
It is not even proven that he actually did it!
It was his granddaughter, not his niece.LOL, not proven. He was indicted on 3 charges of aggrevated sexual assault of a minor, and then the girl's mother (you know, his daughter) allowed a plead bargain down to a misdemenaor. According to reports, the DA had a confession and was not happy that the daughter stopped cooperating. That being said, he did plead guilty to lesser charges...So, if he pleaded guilty, don't you think that is proof that he did something at the very least indecent?
I get your logic here.He's your neighbor. Therefore he didn't kill anybody, and our justice system is flawless.
If he were my neighbor, I'd convince myself he didn't kill anybody either.Ability to sleep at night is good.
That being said, he did plead guilty to lesser charges...So, if he pleaded guilty, don't you think that is proof that he did something at the very least indecent?
Not necessarily. I've heard of quite a number of cases, some of which were people I knew, where they were charged with something, and plead guilty to a lesser charge to avoid the legal and media hassle. One guy I know was charged with rape (and I fully believe he didn't do it, as do the other 20 or so people in the house at the time) but since cases like that are simply your word against theirs, he plead to a lesser charge.Might not be the case with AS, but very likely could be.
It was his granddaughter, not his niece.LOL, not proven. He was indicted on 3 charges of aggrevated sexual assault of a minor, and then the girl's mother (you know, his daughter) allowed a please bargain down to a misdemenaor. According to reports, the DA had a confession and was not happy that the daughter stopped cooperating. That being said, he did plead guilty to lesser charges...So, if he pleaded guilty, don't you think that is proof that he did something at the very least indecent?
Thanks, Mr. PM. You still the man.
If he were my neighbor, I'd convince myself he didn't kill anybody either.Ability to sleep at night is good.Not necessarily. I've heard of quite a number of cases, some of which were people I knew, where they were charged with something, and plead guilty to a lesser charge to avoid the legal and media hassle. One guy I know was charged with rape (and I fully believe he didn't do it, as do the other 20 or so people in the house at the time) but since cases like that are simply your word against theirs, he plead to a lesser charge.Might not be the case with AS, but very likely could be.
This story completely ruined his reputation. If people thought you molested a family member, wouldn't you do anything in your power to clear your name? Pleading guilty to lesser charges to escape jail time doesn't seem like the actions of a man who was hell bent on redemption. Ha, even OJ pleaded not guilty.Normally grand juries don't indict people unless they think they have reason to. According to the indictment, Slim had confessed. After that, it came down to the degree of the assault and how much the daughter wanted to cooperate.I guess it's just me, but if a man commits any sort of inappropriate act with a minor, I have a hard time seeing any good in him. If that minor is his 12 yo granddaughter...Let's just say I would never cross the street to meet Slim.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.
This story completely ruined his reputation. If people thought you molested a family member, wouldn't you do anything in your power to clear your name? Pleading guilty to lesser charges to escape jail time doesn't seem like the actions of a man who was hell bent on redemption. Ha, even OJ pleaded not guilty.Normally grand juries don't indict people unless they think they have reason to. According to the indictment, Slim had confessed. After that, it came down to the degree of the assault and how much the daughter wanted to cooperate.I guess it's just me, but if a man commits any sort of inappropriate act with a minor, I have a hard time seeing any good in him. If that minor is his 12 yo granddaughter...Let's just say I would never cross the street to meet Slim.Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.
Oh, I'm 99% sure he did it. And there is a huge difference between my friends situation and what a 12 year old girl says. Why would she lie? And why would he confess? I completely agree with you. Just wanted to clear up why in certain circumstances someone may plead to lesser charges; it doesn't always necessarily mean they're guilty.Personally, Slim seems like a pretty unsavory character to say the least, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did it. His reputation should be ruined if he did.
Oh, I'm 99% sure he did it. And there is a huge difference between my friends situation and what a 12 year old girl says. Why would she lie? And why would he confess? I completely agree with you. Just wanted to clear up why in certain circumstances someone may plead to lesser charges; it doesn't always necessarily mean they're guilty.Personally, Slim seems like a pretty unsavory character to say the least, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did it. His reputation should be ruined if he did.
Yes...it really creeped me out watching him on that PPT event. Can you imagine the mental scarring that girl had after that weird old man got done with her? Put aisde the fact that it was her grandfather...He's just creepy to begin with!There was a retired basketball player that was accused of something similar a few years back, but he said the allegations were false from the get go and was acquitted. I can't recall who it was now though - he was an old Rockets player and was part of their broadcasting team...HoFer...Blah, it's slipped my mind.

i think DN mentioned Amarillo one time, addressing the issue when someone said "all time greats- like Doyle, chip, unger, and slim" im pretty sure DN said there was a difference there---some great gamblers, others just unsavory hustlers. he was referring to Amarillo Slim. Do anything to win, like fixing, cheating, stealing etc. this show is revisionist history! im going to boycott it. Just kidding. Not really