Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

An addition to last nights convo, I've found that the older I get, the less stuff I need. I used to like buying stuff, now, I don't need so much. A good tv, golf clubs, some nice clothes, kitchen stuff and a good couch. Ok, so I still need a decent amount of stuff

Nah, I get bitches wet.

Joking aside, I've rarely, if ever, used lube with a lady before. Then again, I don't do the actual sexo for more than 30 minutes, and that's only when I'm drunk.

Nah, I get bitches wet.

Joking aside, I've rarely, if ever, used lube with a lady before. Then again, I don't do the actual sexo for more than 30 minutes, and that's only when I'm drunk.

I never used lube until my mid-20s. At this point, we go through the stuff like pot here at the Sklansky house. You need it for the Flip Hole, you need it for anal, you need it for weird, unending, ganked-up drug/sex adventures...the human body just isn't designed to stay slick during modern sex.

• Like 1

I have not gotten the beer yet. I am working my stupid hours again, and Wally's closes at 7:30. Maybe tonight?

Ron, to keep this on topic--marry into the 1% and live in a community property state. If you can stick it out for 10 years, you can receive alimony for life.

Shake: the speaker was thick.

• Like 1

Florida is community property and a no fault state. You can actually get caught doing an all black gang bang by your husband (or wife) and still get half in divorce. That seem like a fault in the system.

• Like 1

Florida is community property and a no fault state. You can actually get caught doing an all black gang bang by your husband (or wife) and still get half in divorce. That seem like a fault in the system.

If I caught my partner involved in an all-black gang bang, divorce would be the last thing on my mind.

• Like 3

I kind of thought this aspect to social security was ridiculous:

http://www.ssa.gov/retire2/yourdivspouse.htm

one guy with several failed marriages could have five+ ex-wives drawing off of his benefit, but the people in his household are subject to a hard cap that is pretty complicated to calculate. hard conversation.

this is one of the many reasons why shifting to an individual system is going to be difficult.

• Like 1

Privatization is the answer. Give every worker the money they have paid in to social security, continue to deduct money from their paychecks as always (as Strat has alluded to if you don't force people to save they won't) and give them the option of where to invest it. Much like a 401k situation with 5 - 10 options. When you retire, you get what you got. No more, no less.

This ponzi scheme the government has going on now is an embarrassment.

younger people are going to need to pay in more than they'll receive. it's OK, just get the ball rolling and stop perpetuating the crazyass system. offset it by pushing back the age of benefits, or reducing benefits, or something, until all the retirees are people in individual accounts.

• Like 1

Frau, unfortunately the pussification of America has made it's way into the corporate board rooms and HR departments as well. I don't even think the schleps that put on these "retreats" believe in their effectiveness. For them it's just acting perky and positive to justify their pay check.

Strat, in switching to the individual accounts emphasizing the INDIVIDUAL part will be paramount. People will bitch but that's what people do. And, it will take a non-liberal president, house and senate to pass it so RIP social security.

I had this idea today, just sort of blurted it out in a meeting with 5 other people. it's a really good solution to this problem we are having, and involves a spreadsheet that will take quite a bit of time to build. my roommate IMMEDIATELY says, "yeah, that should be easy to do." with this tone like, "nice job with that low hanging fruit."

never have I been so demotivated before. I'm not going to follow through on it, literally just going to force him to do it himself after that comment.

my interactions with him since his pay spiked these last few months, holy god. he openly rolls his eyes whenever anyone says anything he doesn't agree with, is completely condescending with his tone, etc. we really don't talk much anymore, haven't gone to lunch in like a week or more. I just want nothing to do with the guy as it currently stands.

Sorry to hear that Strat. It sucks when someone changes and you lose a friend. They're hard to come by.

he'd still be my friend if I could just ignore how he treats me (and others) at work. I don't think I can do that, though.

I don't know why I take it so personally. I guess I just don't have anything else going for me. I make terrible money, don't have a personal life, don't do anything else with my time except post here and work long hours there.

Hey, Henry Ford knew enough to pay his employees enough to be a customer of his product. Big corporations like Walmart don't even pay their people enough to shop at Walmart. But at least the Walton family can buy anything they want. Obviously an extreme example and a generalization, but you take my point.

You realize that Wal-Mart is #1 in donations by a corporation in the entire world. Correct? They give something like a billion dollars* a year to poor neighborhoods in America. No other company is even close.

You also realize that Wal-Mart is a publicly owned company and has been for 30 years. Correct? The "Walton" family doesn't do much of anything, especially with regards to new hires.

*it was a billion from 2007-2009.

We need to privatize social security like Australia has done with their super annuation funds.

I don't want to do anything like Australia. Everything is mind-mindbogglingly expensive there.

I had this idea today, just sort of blurted it out in a meeting with 5 other people. it's a really good solution to this problem we are having, and involves a spreadsheet that will take quite a bit of time to build. my roommate IMMEDIATELY says, "yeah, that should be easy to do." with this tone like, "nice job with that low hanging fruit."

never have I been so demotivated before. I'm not going to follow through on it, literally just going to force him to do it himself after that comment.

I could never live with someone like that.

I don't know why I take it so personally.

You should. He's out of line. You should talk to him about it. Maybe he doesn't realize it. (Just have a back-up plan in place, in case the convo takes a turn for the worse)