I Called In Sick Today

Oh man, you're taking lunches?

Is your old job still open?

I had a slim jim for the first time in 5-7 years today. I can say that, while it was enjoyable, i wont have another for at least 5 years.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I get to watch a Rondo-less Celts team I pretty much loathed anyway for the next four months, so that'll be fun.

I've been working on the nursery the last week or two, had to strip the walls of 40 year old painted-twice over wallpaper. Got it done and finally primed this weekend, but I reffed last night, and I'm reffing tonight, and playing tomorrow night, and work late Wednesday, and I'm reffing Thursday, and Sunday morning. God damn room won't be finished for another two weeks, and its tiny. Thankfully I only have moderate standards, otherwise it would be a lot longer.

So yesterday I went over my buddy's around 12:30, had a Lagunitas Sucks, Long Trail Pale Ale, Mayflower 5th Anniversary double IPA, and a Long Trail Imperial Porter. Played some board games and watched the Celts. Left at 4:15 to go ref. Had two games, than an hour off, went to the bar across the street and had a 25 oz Sam Adams Boston Lager and a pizza, then reffed two more games from 8-10. Came home, had a Pretty Things Jack D'or bomber whilst watching basketball highlights with the wife. Slept like a god damn baby.

I took lunch, **** me right?

Head boss tried to give me some work and I told him my issue and he said well IT manager should have a spare computer for you to do this project on and so I asked him and he said that computer/project won't be ready for a day or two and then he more/less called me an idiot for not having my computer fixed yet and accused me of not having called support yet. He also was annoyed that I'd ask to work on that project even though boss man told me today, tomorrow at the latest. I just want to go home and organize my shit.

Seems like they paid you a dollar for wcery annoyance they create for you.

You might need to fight fire with fire. Dont be a yes man, sorry sir type guy. Go full dick mode

"Why dont you guys get me a fckin computer that works or an IT guy that knows windows from a window. This nickel and dime, ham and egger shit aint cuttin it. Lets do some god damn business here. I'm ready to work.

I will only put you up for a week when you get fired. Maybe tone it down, but dont be a pushover. Talk to co-workers, exhaust options, then call them out for a poor environment

Nope. Not exaggerating at all. Some questions from manager "well did you call them?" "Yes" "did you talk to somebody or leave a message" "yes three times" "I see you had a voicemail did you call them back?" "Yes. They said they were with another client and would get back to me when they could". All said in a patronizing tone.

I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to say in interviews about why I was fired so soon and if I really can make it in public accounting and if I should start stockpiling money instead of paying stuff off so I can make rent while unemployed.

This is SFW, but not SFMobileBrowsing...

Jack agreeing with you makes it kind of creepy...

I suspect that sex with her would be quite enjoyable.

G6ZF9.gif

mCPIs.gif

Z8pvN.gif

so it concerns me that you aren't from california. we had an analyst who left after two years to move closer to home and we'd be worried about that with someone with no ties to the area.

i, uh, won't do that.

You should've dropped some names from the CA guys here. I've got friends and family in CA. Mr. Guapo, Mr. Nautilus. My cousin, Mr. The Mover.

Oh man, you're taking lunches?

Is your old job still open?

I had a slim jim for the first time in 5-7 years today. I can say that, while it was enjoyable, i wont have another for at least 5 years.

Really, why? I've been known to have nothing but a couple slim jims, well the monster version, and a pepsi for lunch.

I get to watch a Rondo-less Celts team I pretty much loathed anyway for the next four months, so that'll be fun.

I've been working on the nursery the last week or two, had to strip the walls of 40 year old painted-twice over wallpaper. Got it done and finally primed this weekend, but I reffed last night, and I'm reffing tonight, and playing tomorrow night, and work late Wednesday, and I'm reffing Thursday, and Sunday morning. God damn room won't be finished for another two weeks, and its tiny. Thankfully I only have moderate standards, otherwise it would be a lot longer.

So yesterday I went over my buddy's around 12:30, had a Lagunitas Sucks, Long Trail Pale Ale, Mayflower 5th Anniversary double IPA, and a Long Trail Imperial Porter. Played some board games and watched the Celts. Left at 4:15 to go ref. Had two games, than an hour off, went to the bar across the street and had a 25 oz Sam Adams Boston Lager and a pizza, then reffed two more games from 8-10. Came home, had a Pretty Things Jack D'or bomber whilst watching basketball highlights with the wife. Slept like a god damn baby.

I was going to say that he doesn't sound married.

This. And lulz at thera thinking it's his standards that need to be met on the nursery decorating.

I took lunch, **** me right?

Head boss tried to give me some work and I told him my issue and he said well IT manager should have a spare computer for you to do this project on and so I asked him and he said that computer/project won't be ready for a day or two and then he more/less called me an idiot for not having my computer fixed yet and accused me of not having called support yet. He also was annoyed that I'd ask to work on that project even though boss man told me today, tomorrow at the latest. I just want to go home and organize my shit.

Thats.....not good.

Here's something that's kind of not safe for work that I wish to share with you guys: http://brosome.com/j...g-of-uber-sexy/

Jessica-Cediel-lingerie-5-682x1024.jpg

Holy jesus and mary that girl is hot. Don't care if she's airbrushed or not.

Nope. Not exaggerating at all. Some questions from manager "well did you call them?" "Yes" "did you talk to somebody or leave a message" "yes three times" "I see you had a voicemail did you call them back?" "Yes. They said they were with another client and would get back to me when they could". All said in a patronizing tone.

I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to say in interviews about why I was fired so soon and if I really can make it in public accounting and if I should start stockpiling money instead of paying stuff off so I can make rent while unemployed.

Yeah, good plan. I would take Ron's advice though. Tone it down a bit but try being more.....aggressive, for lack of a better word, rather than getting stepped on all the time.

so it concerns me that you aren't from california. we had an analyst who left after two years to move closer to home and we'd be worried about that with someone with no ties to the area.

i, uh, won't do that.

I heard that a lot when applying to out of state jobs. One I know for sure I didn't get specifically because they paid to move another candidate from another state who then quit to move closer to family, 6 hours away. Hiring manager said he felt like she took the job just to get them to pay to move her most of the way home. It didn't help any that she happened to work for the same company I did previously.

And I'm in CA too Whiskers. Only an hour away (2 in traffic probably) from Newport Beach.

i should have gone rogue and been like, "what are you high? why would i move to california and ever consider moving back to kansas city? have you ever been to this shit hole?"

but the whole line of questioning was ridiculous. they're worried, because i'm a lawyer, that they will train me and then in two years i'll leave and go to a firm. well no shit morons. an analyst position is not a destination job. of course i'd want to move up or move on. i mean you can't be serious that a concern is that highly educated highly trained people may move on to higher paying jobs.

they all do that. and then they only want to hire from the inside and wonder why they don't have any talented people at the lower levels. companies are idiots.

hey napa, isn't this the same company that the guy initially emailed you saying he didn't think you were dedicated enough for the job so you emailed him back assuring him that you were? in other words the same company that I warned you several times would be hell to work for considering their interviewing/hiring etiquette?

• Like 3