Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

well I take no pleasure in that I told you so I can tell you that much. I know that it would have been damn near impossible for him to turn down that job at that time, and since he's never worked for a company like that, he didn't know the signs. working at the last company I worked for primed me right up to recognize that shit a mile away. luckily for napa though, his doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as mine. sounds pretty ridiculous, but there does seem to be some positives.

and hey napa, I'll tell you what they told me before I took this last position that I didn't want: you're young so it's not that big of a deal if you waste a few years of your life.

• Like 1

Poor napa

Oh, yeah, poor shake.

I don't like my job either. I want in on this.

Companies are in the driver's seat. They can pick what they want, pay less, demand more due to the mass amount of people looking for work, college grads, etc. I don't see it changing. But hey, keep applying, you never know what you'll find out there. I just want out of a sales job

I had me a horribly long weekend. Worked 24 hours at the fire department Friday was on the busiest ambulance in the city and didn't fall asleep once all night. Then Saturday worked my other job at the private ambulance from 10am to 2am and didn't get a nap. Then got home and in bed by 3am and woke up at 530 for another 24 hours at the fire department and was on the busiest engine in the city. Had a house fire, a few car accidents and a bunch of ems runs and got to bed by 330 am. So today took a nap and now drinking some cheap domestic beer til I fall asleep and wake up for another 24 hours at the fire department. Mama told me there would be 5 day stretches like this.

Napa, actively search for new jobs. There's always something better. Whoever posted that pic, yum yum. Love that ass. Whoever was talking crap about the bumps on the butt of strats pic, that WAS the best part. Made me feel like she was turned on.

That's all I got. Shake your funny. Even though you haven't said much funny lately. I still would like to date you in a non-sexual way(read:sexual)

Whatever, Shake. I hope you feel good that you may have been right here and if you are my life is completely f'd. And I don't think my job is really in jeopardy, yet. Im just frustrated because I dont know what I'm doing and since its slow time theres not a lot going on. Everyone aside from this one manager is cool. At least I'm making decent money for now.

So when I spend every Sunday drinking a dozen different expensive beers, that strikes some of you folks as more married than when I'm painting a nursery and making money in between the drinking?

but the whole line of questioning was ridiculous. they're worried, because i'm a lawyer, that they will train me and then in two years i'll leave and go to a firm. well no shit morons. an analyst position is not a destination job. of course i'd want to move up or move on. i mean you can't be serious that a concern is that highly educated highly trained people may move on to higher paying jobs.

Maybe they were testing your honesty. You could have pointed out that you don't see yourself still in the same position in two years, but that you're looking forward to moving up in the company. Maybe ask what the recruiting department pays and hint that you'd like to be in HR. Imply that the interviewer should be nervous as you're interested in his job. Then when he calls you on it, point out how ridiculous it would be for YOU, a fully (mostly) TRAINED LAWYER, to want to do that job. Laugh derisively. Then nod confidently (you can do that, right?) and tell him you'll see him on Monday. Throw in a "Watch your back, Jack!" as you leave the room, and end with a whistle!{clicky noise}<winky point> as the door closes on your unbroken eye contact with him.

Guaranteed hire.

• Like 3

So when I spend every Sunday drinking a dozen different expensive beers, that strikes some of you folks as more married than when I'm painting a nursery and making money in between the drinking?

married2.gif

• Like 1

I think they were saying that you doing that makes you seem single. The drinking of beers all day with a braj, I mean

I personally didnt care either way

invisiblewall.gif

done setting up my raspberry pi. ingredients incl shipping:

$45 raspberry pi

$12 case

$9 SD card

old wifi G adapter (probably like $5 now)

$.99 HDMI cable

charging cable from my nexus 7 (I bought a much longer one initially, so I had two)

old iphone 4 charger (I have like three)

installed XMBC (streaming / media client) on my SD card with the windows raspbmc installer. it's all extremely straightforward. took me two hours from start to having everything ready to stream and organized.