I Called In Sick Today

I met with an older guy yesterday who is Dutch, and in the course of our meeting told me a story about when he was growing up. I am not really sure how we got to this, but it was very interesting.He was in middle school and he sat next to a red headed kid in class who was very shy/awkward. The kids was constantly getting picked on, apparently he still believed in Santa Claus at 12 years old. This guy stood up for him one day and the kid invited him over to his house to play. So he went home and asked his dad who told him "sure, but be home by 6:30" He went outside to ride his bike to the center of town where the address was, and a limo showed up to take him. They put the bike in the limo and pulled into a giant mansion in the heart of the Amsterdam. He said the residence was all underneath the building and in the game room they had a kid sized train that went all over that was big enough for them to ride on (think Silver Spoons). After a few hours, he had to get home so the limo dropped him and his bike off. His father was home from work and saw his son getting dropped off by a limo. He asked him where the house he came from was. He told him in the heart of the city, his father did not believe him because the only thing in that area were Embassy's. After dinner he put him in the car and drove them down to this address. It was a giant building amongst the embassy's that was gated with armed guards out front. His father got worried/paranoid and was the President of a large company. So he started digging around and doing some investigating. The next day, the child did not show up to school and was never seen again. Some local officials called his father and asked him to stop his investigation immediately because he did not know who he was messing with. This did not stop him. Later, he got a call from the Chairman of his company, who was in France, who ordered him to stop his investigation. He was told that if he did not stop he would be fired immediately. When he asked why, he was told that if one more question was asked, the Companies credit line would be turned off permanently, and potentially he and his families life would be in danger. The only thing he could get from the investigation was the family was part of the Bilderberg Group.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I would have cut him off half way through the story. same with the holocaust guy. listen gramps, I'm running a business here, got lots of overhead, have to make it up on volume. hand over your money and get out.

I would have cut him off half way through the story. same with the holocaust guy. listen gramps, I'm running a business here, got lots of overhead, have to make it up on volume. Also, I have to go over to this poker forum I frequent and argue Politics with this guy who trades bonds, and hopefully see a drunk driving video, so hand over your money and get out.
FYP

I decided to try a McRib last night, since I don't think I have ever had one (If I did it was when I was a child and I don't remember). It was ok, I probably won't ever eat one again, but it was actually better than I was expecting.

Oh, I don't think he actually argues with him.But I totally won the "indefinite" argument.I've never had a McRib.
what indefinite argument? sam clearly thought it meant "not specified, but probably long" and I corrected him.common misconception.

So I figured out one of the issues with with the pepsi machine, it takes 10oz bottles. I found a little switch on the coin slot to turn it on, and it just runs constantly. Not sure why. I am guessing it is just going to have to be a cool fridge, and not actually function unless I get someone to fix it, and find 10 oz beers.

previously on runthemover:and I lost to brv tooexcept they all kinda blew in the final that's not the picture you're looking forlooks like El G wishes he could turn back timenext time:who do you think you're taking to?a tragedy was avoidedshut up, loogie

Thank god for Joe Posnanski. Without him, I think that by now I'd have given up on reading about sports, which would be a good time saver, but unfortunate in other ways. He's the only guy alive that can seem to seamlessly blend intelligence with emotion. Love him.
He is the best sportswriter on the planet. Hero
seeing mk debunk the fiscal conservative myth is like watching someone lecture small children on the falsehood that is santa.
I wish I could read whatever post inspired this.I took a 19 year old girl tonight, and when she offered to have sex with me I said no. Then I called Jenny. She did not answer. Then I ran into a casual acquaintance I hadn't seen in a while and we went to gamble. After I stacked off for my 4th hundred and won it all back when I flopped a set against a steaming hot Asian, I found out that my pal's buddy used to date Jenny. We talked. I.. know the buddy. He is in my fantasy football league and I play him this week. If I win, I will do everything I can to work things out with Jenny. If I lose: I'll post on the fantasy message board that we both banged the same girl.My Lineup:D. GarrardM. Jones-DrewL. McCoyCalvin JohnsonT. OwensA.HernandezViniateriTitans Defense/SpecialTeamsHis:P. ManningA.PetersonP.HillisRoddy WhiteS. HolmesJ.WittenScobeePittsburghMy numbers have him as a 54/46 favorite. Wish me luck.

PPRAll TDs = 6Otherwise standard. I think I really want to win. But I ran into Lucy(?) -- coffee girl -- today. I was with Maggie. She doesn't know about the Jenny thing yet, but she said something like, "Ohmigod, Roo. You two are sooooo perfect for each other. You should ask her out." (She calls me Roo.)

I feel: terrible. Tequila was: a bad idea. I need someone to come over here to hold a cold washcloth on: my forehead. And maybe make me: a cheesesteak.

previously on runthemover:looks like El G wishes he could turn back timenext time:
I enjoyed this.
(She calls me Roo.)
So I figured out one of the issues with with the pepsi machine, it takes 10oz bottles. I found a little switch on the coin slot to turn it on, and it just runs constantly. Not sure why. I am guessing it is just going to have to be a cool fridge, and not actually function unless I get someone to fix it, and find 10 oz beers.
The compressor runs constantly?Or does it make a buzzing sound?The older machines didnt have much if any insulation around the cabinet, so they "run" quite a bit. They will also freeze the contents if left outside in the winterIf the compressor is running....it should be in the back of the machine mounted at the rear....let it run for twenty minutes or so and feel of the two copper lines that run to/from it. One should be warm and the other cold. If you cant feel any temp difference or both are warm, it needs recharged with freon.Most vending machines are precharged at the factory and dont have service ports to add freon, so unless you have an oxy torch and can silver solder small tubing youll have to have an appliance guy do it for you. Also keep in mind that if the machine has sit unused for quite a while it could take several hours for it to start cooling again if you detect a temp difference from the condensing lines on the compressor...Related side story...Many years ago a friend of mine got an unpleasant visit from the local ATF concerning beer inside an operating Coke machine. Turns out that his kid had a sleepover with about a dozen fellow students inside his shop, all of which inserted many quarters in the device after he went to bedThe next morning the authorities were alerted by several parents tending to speedz like symptoms in their offspring...Im just waiting for my day to comeThe opens taps in combination with my machine will more than likely get me on the national news as well as local
But I ran into Lucy(?) -- coffee girl -- today. I was with Maggie. She doesn't know about the Jenny thing yet, but she said something like, "Ohmigod, Roo. You two are sooooo perfect for each other. You should ask her out." (She calls me Roo.)
Yeah, coffee girl was Lucy. I remember that because I named her, but can't remember why. Also: ...
Just vomited pure lemon lime gatorade. Delicious.
I've never had good experiences with gatorade after too much drinking. Damn electrolytes.
I've never had good experiences with gatorade after too much drinking. Damn electrolytes.
I've had great experiences drinking gatorade before bed...I was just too drunk to do it last night. The electrolytes do not seem to be helping this morning.
looks like El G wishes he could turn back time
I don't even like Cher.
The compressor runs constantly?Or does it make a buzzing sound?
It cools off quickly, I am not sure if the compressor is staying on or not, since I don't leave it on because it's an energy drain and it's cold enough in the shop to not need it running.What it's doing is cycling the coin slot. If you open the front of the machine the mechanism that accepts the coin keeps turning over (for lack of a better term), like it's trying to constantly feed a coin. But if you put one in, it just drops into the coin return.Upon further investigation, having the door locked or not will have nothing to do with the mechanism. I took pics last night, but could not find the cord to upload them.