I Called In Sick Today

She is extremely fun, and really nice. I lucked out, at least so far that appears to be the case. 

I don’t think my brother is going to shun per se, just never going to agree with me being with her, and will probably complain about it to others in the family. He’s just the “do everything my way or you’re a moron” type. Like it fcking matters what he thinks about my personal life on the 350+ days a year where it has no impact for him whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I miss everything. I'm sure SA was looking fly and Strat's lady was a full on Betty.

Was in KS most of the week. Heading back down tonight because a strong contender for a house just came on the market so we're going to look at it tomorrow. President of the company signed off on me moving to remote employee saying "I have every confidence in Damian's ability" to be a remote manager. So that was nice. Talked to a lender last week. Rates are bouncing around like a seismograph on San Andreas but, so far, seems to be with in a percentage or two range. I'd love to get locked in at 2.99 on a 30 yr like my brosef napster though, good on ya. Unfortunately, I'm going go have to go with a low down payment and take on PMI until our current 2 houses sell and then recast after we can roll over the sale proceeds. 

• Like 2

Nope. Manhattan, KS. Thus why remaining with my current company was so important to me. There aren't a lot of positions for me down there. Might change once I get a little more networked in but kinda doubtful. 

• Like 1

I went to a graduation party today.  There were probably 50 people there.  It was outside.  Three people had a mask on.  Two of the three were my wife and I.  The other was a 70+ year old.

10 hours ago, brvheart said:

I went to a graduation party today.  There were probably 50 people there.  It was outside.  Three people had a mask on.  Two of the three were my wife and I.  The other was a 70+ year old.

Bout to get real hot in that spot

I weighed 163.8 this morning, which I feel good about in context. Basically took the last week off from exercise, though I didn’t totally let it rip with the diet. I’ve been staying up late to hang out with the girl, and it has completely wrecked my schedule. The weather isn’t helping. I am getting my bike later this week, so I’m not too worried about sort of stalling out.

• Like 1
On 7/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, InternetExplorer said:

Why? I've never been, I imagine it's kinda a standard college town, minus the proximity you get with Lawrence.

It's about 1/5 the size of Lincoln. Also, Lincoln has become a bit of a silicon prairie for start ups and the Lincoln/Omaha area has some good companies in the payments processing arena which is what I've been doing for the last 12 years. Manhattan is primarily agribusiness oriented. There is one company down there I've been keeping an eye on but I'm thinking they might be a good target for acquisition by my company. 

On 7/11/2020 at 8:34 PM, SuitedAces21 said:

i'm pretty sure Hanky is moving for his lady love, who must live there or be from there. perhaps a little hank is coming soon. wouldnt that be lovely. 

Mostly correct. No chance of baby Hank, it would be a medical miracle. 

On 7/11/2020 at 10:04 PM, InternetExplorer said:

This was me making fun of a spammer that has since been deleted, so the post makes no sense. 

Oh. 

Looks like Manhattan is very close to Wamego. They had a stupid Wizard of Oz museum that LG really wanted to see, so we did that road trip one day, maybe 11-12 years ago. It was a fun, random day if memory serves. I don’t ever see myself going to central KS again.

I guess there’s also Topeka. Meh. 

• Like 1

It is close to Wamego. The only reason I know this is that we went to their fireworks display one year and it was really good for a small market but would be considered just ok as a major metro area display probably. I don't think we'll be heading to Topeka other than for maybe soccer games. KC only takes a couple hours to get to so that's not terrible. 

We are likely going to submit an offer on the house we looked at this weekend. 5bd/4ba (3 with en suite access). Roughly 4000 sq ft for asking price of $98/sq ft. This means I gotta get my ass in gear and figure out what I need to do to get my house listed tout de suite.

• Like 4

No HOA but they have what they call a "Community Advisory Board" for which the paperwork reads pretty much like all the burden/restrictions of an HOA to the homeowner but there's no common areas (afaik) like a pool, clubhouse, or park that they are responsible for maintaining. Also it looks like the "assessments" are simply the special taxes on the new build. What is unclear is if and how funds from my taxes make it to the Board and how they would go about handling any assessments for covenant violations. This will require some more investigation. 

Same

So I get burrito bowls from Chipotle - 680 calories, really filling. I get it to go since the lobby is weird and reconfigured. Anyway, their to go forks are absurdly bad, tiny and flimsy. Small enough to barely fit a big piece of steak. Makes a person wonder what the rationale is. I just bought a bunch of plastic forks and keep them at my desk, along with hot sauce. Thanks for reading.

Back in the office today. I took PTO yesterday to hang out with the girl. First kinda full day together, it was fun. Had awesome breakfast at this brunch place, went and took care of an errand she had in prep for school, walked around a nice shopping center, came back and cooked something sous vide, had some nice Sauvignon Blanc. I’m horribly behind at work, but life is fun lately.

• Like 1

Thanks buddy

I was looking at places to eat in Manhattan on Yelp, and it looks fine, probably because the real population during school is much bigger than 50k. A lot of other small town problems got wiped out with the advent of Amazon etc. but I think options for eating out is still something to pay attention to.

14 hours ago, Ron_Mexico said:

Link that listing. Let us be nosy 

HOA thingy was no worry. Apparently the covenant paperwork was created when the houses were built but the developers never followed through on actually creating the entity or electing a board etc. However, another bidder has entered the picture. We put in our final offer tonight with a 10 AM deadline so we'll see what happens. Part of me will be bummed if we lose the place but another part of me would be ok as it would let me get some of the more cosmetic details on my house taken care of that will help keep my selling price up. 

6 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

Thanks buddy

I was looking at places to eat in Manhattan on Yelp, and it looks fine, probably because the real population during school is much bigger than 50k. A lot of other small town problems got wiped out with the advent of Amazon etc. but I think options for eating out is still something to pay attention to.

It's not bad but as far as quick places they are mostly on the east side and we're looking on the west side primarily. Of course, it's only like 15 minutes to get across town to anywhere you want to go. Pre-covid they had a pretty decent selection of non-chain sit down places. I'm hoping they make it. I know one of the more established, nicer places is closing permanently this week. 

I was in Colorado City AZ today.  It’s the town that is mainly polygamists and where Warren Jeff’s was the ruling prophet until he was busted by the feds for screwing 12 and 15 year olds.  It was pretty interesting.  And hot.  I think it was 109 at one point. (At least according to the car)

I’ll be in Zion NP tomorrow and also checking out the monument for the Mountain Meadows Massacre.  Should be a good day.

• Like 3