Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I was like 0/4 in big hands tonight. One hand the drunk speedy guy held his cards up and I saw them (ATo) and I had AJo and we got a lot of money in preflop only for him to spike a T on the flop. I guess it's better than maxing out the flop and turn and him hitting the river but whatever. Not my night. Might be done with poker for awhile.

The poker gods got ya for looking at his cards.

Don't take it too hard, you know it's just how it goes. The best players in the world take it in the chin against the worst sometimes. Just the way it goes. Don't give up, don't ever give up

Or you could give up and find more productive uses for your time. One of the two options.

This is the correct answer. I'm just not as good as I used to be, if i ever was, and the amount of time it would take to get to a place of making a solid hourly would be far better used improving my skillz for the real world. I don't even really enjoy playing it, tbh.

I was like 0/4 in big hands tonight. One hand the drunk speedy guy held his cards up and I saw them (ATo) and I had AJo and we got a lot of money in preflop only for him to spike a T on the flop. I guess it's better than maxing out the flop and turn and him hitting the river but whatever. Not my night. Might be done with poker for awhile.

bbfidts

• Like 2

This is the correct answer. I'm just not as good as I used to be, if i ever was, and the amount of time it would take to get to a place of making a solid hourly would be far better used improving my skillz for the real world. I don't even really enjoy playing it, tbh.

Yeah, I was always terrible, and stopped enjoying it years ago.

Of the guys from here with a demonstrated ability to make a living at poker, I don't think any of them play professionally anymore. Guys like Zach, Grinder, Bizzle, Zimmer, and Cobalt. I don't know if we would count looshle as an FCP guy, but I think he still plays regularly.

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR WORRY AFTER I DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR DRINKS WITH NAPA GUYS!

Napa this is all your fault. Yours too, Suited. Mexico YOURe cool every now and then, but THIS HURTS!

This is probably my last post because I SO MAD AT STRAT for being so emotionless and objective. **** YOU STRAT!

I'm outty.

• Like 2

I couldn't stay away. I love Tilt too much and would be worried if he came back when I wasn't around.

I've been in Utah for a week. Sorry I wasn't around to provide content. I fly to San Antonio for a conference on Tuesday morning and will be there until Friday. I love conferences in southern Texas in the middle of summer.

• Like 1

Stratty, I'm getting into my 401(k) site and I don't know much but there's only 15 finds and they look like stinkers. We might need to do a comprehensive review of my old account to make sure my allocations are good.

Real quick the tickers are

SIC1Z

OGGAX

PIMIX

CPHYX

MEIHX

TWGIX

VASVX

PAMCX

UBVFX

PRDSX

TPINX

RNPEZ

AAIEX

AIEVX

OSCIX

leaning towards just putting 100% into the vanguard fund for now just so my contributions go somewhere on my next paycheck.

This gets you pretty close to the allocation I have in my 401k. I don't know much about most of these funds, but I don't hate the expense ratios I'm seeing. All seem to have good track records, for whatever that is worth.

MEIHX - US large value - 17%

TWGIX - US large growth - 17%

VASVX - US mid value - 6%

PAMCX - US mid growth - 6%

UBVFX - US small blend - 8%

AIEVX - Foreign large blend - 39% (I like AAIEX more but it has no emerging exposure)

OSCIX - Foreign small-mid - 5%

TPINX - Int'l bond - 2%

If you have an emerging choice (not sure, two tickers did not work for me), I would do 28% AAIEX and 11% emerging.

• Like 1

I honestly think active management is starting to get more appealing, now that Vanguard and smart beta have had a few solid years of taking assets away. As funds continue to get cheaper, at some point, it is worth it to pay a fund manager for his or her expertise. Also, as the fund's assets dwindle, the manager's ability to find lucrative bets (as a percentage of the total) starts to increase.

I was looking at my performance today. I'm up 16%+ YTD vs. the S&P 500's 10%. I've been selling a ton of options on individual US stocks this year, so while the raw performance numbers are great, I have almost $5k of realized short-term gains...

• Like 1

Went to bed nice and early tonight, feeling all great about getting a full night's rest. Got woken up at 12:45 by a god damn mouse, or at least what sounded like a mouse. Obviously I do not have any mouse traps, because I am stupid, so this turned into a Walmart trip.

So now I'm just sitting in bed wondering if the mouse was real or imagined. I have no idea. The only way I'll know for sure is a very loud snapping noise from the trap, which will surely scare the shit out of me.

I couldn't stay away. I love Tilt too much and would be worried if he came back when I wasn't around.

I've been in Utah for a week. Sorry I wasn't around to provide content.

what, they won't let you browse a gambling site in Utah?

• Like 1

Probably not, but I was camping, so I didn't have service anyway.

Yes, was it a family camping trip or some religious retreat where a bunch of men sit around the campfire and pretend to not want to blow the guy in the next tent?

There's no need to pretend when you get out in those woods.

I have to represent the bank at a career fair tonight. I plan to tell everyone that comes by our booth they don't have what it takes, they don't want it bad enough, and I don't see the fire in their eyes.

• Like 1