I Called In Sick Today

Greetings fine folks.

Hi Mex!

I went swimming with my kids at the Y yesterday. My Y has two pools. An Olympic-size pool that they keep at 78 and a warm water pool they keep at 84-86. I've never been in the warm water pool.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Hi Mex!

I went swimming with my kids at the Y yesterday. My Y has two pools. An Olympic-size pool that they keep at 78 and a warm water pool they keep at 84-86. I've never been in the warm water pool.

So you can’t say for sure if you don’t like it or not

Not bad, obviously. I think I might like the dark chili better though. Hard to tell without seeing them in person.

I went to the “Restaurant Depot” near my place last night. Place was pretty cool. Super cheap meats. Bought a box of philly cheese steak meat patty things so I can play pepperjax at my place anytime I want. I bought some cheese, flat bread, wraps, and some green peppers, too. The peppers aren’t great once I got them home and opened their bag so probably won’t be buying produce from them but everything else was great. Especially since I can’t find good flatbread anywhere.

• Like 1

It was on sale so it was only $2.47/lb for 10 pounds. I got the 6 oz slabs so that’s like 26 sandwiches. And after mixing in some green peppers and mushrooms i got two reasonable sized sandwiches out of 1 slab. Hard to beat that. The 4 or 5 oz varieties would probably be perfect for one well filled cheese steak.

I'm getting pressured hard to move back home, and that's a decision point they have no answer for. If it was about money alone, they wouldn't have much of anything to worry about. I just thought it was funny, how horribly I have managed this situation, but people still really like me. I got shoutouts at three separate points in the five hour meeting for the work I've done for different groups at the firm.

But, as I've said since January, it's lip service, and that has to be squared against management getting together in December to decide to exclude me from the equity and promotions they doled out. It was an enormous, deliberate snub, resting on the assumption that I wouldn't take a pay cut to go elsewhere.

You find the time by going WITH your kids in the summer.

Oddly, this had not occurred to me. My wife kind of detests the thought of camping/backpacking (though she enjoys traveling). I suppose I could maybe get my kids into it. We have a park with a wooded trail near us where I've walked with the girls a couple of times. With three kids under 5 at the moment, it may still be a bit before we're capable of doing very much though. So I guess I could revise my earlier number to...12 years out?

Dude. I can help, you just have to let me finish my school year. I'm done May 31st/June 1st. My June is super packed with stuff, but I should have July mostly free. If you can wait, I can bring my electrician buddy with me.

I totally missed this post. I appreciate the offer. I don’t know if I can wait that long though. I’m so sick of looking at these wires and my wall colors and I don’t want to paint until I get the wires taken care of. If it makes you feel any better I’m not running any high voltage wire, just speaker and Ethernet, so likelihood of electrocution is minimal.

Edit: ok tried to do one hole and I give up. Just going to live with using a concealer to hide a few wires until I can get this done right. I’m in over my head.

I don’t think I told this story but a few weekends ago I was out with some friends and met a friends (girl) friend and seemed like we hit it off pretty well and joked about her moving into my basement as she was in town looking for apartments but didn’t exchange numbers or anything. Last night I was out with our mutual friends again, Guy & Girl, and after my karaoke performance Girl showed me a Snapchat comment from her friend that said “is that my boyfriend/roommate?!” so I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious.

• Like 1

Please meet her for drinks and apps. I don’t care if she’s cute, hot, average or a monster. Do this.

No pressure though. Be cool

• Like 1

Believe it or not she’s actually very cute and I thought we really hit it off the night we met but we didn’t exchange numbers for whatever reason. (We were drunk and I didn’t ask). But she’s moving here this week and I will for sure be asking her out on a proper date, probably.

And if this is all just a sick joke between them I’m going to cry for days and never talk to another female.

What does everyone think of these in coffee?

https://www.allenedm...ord/SF6218.html

<3

I'm getting pressured hard to move back home, and that's a decision point they have no answer for.

Who is pressuring you to go to KC and what will happen with the girlfriend?

Oddly, this had not occurred to me. My wife kind of detests the thought of camping/backpacking (though she enjoys traveling). I suppose I could maybe get my kids into it. We have a park with a wooded trail near us where I've walked with the girls a couple of times. With three kids under 5 at the moment, it may still be a bit before we're capable of doing very much though. So I guess I could revise my earlier number to...12 years out?

Dude. You must start early. Waiting 12 years will be way too long. They will see Mom's reaction and realize that's an option. You definitely need to be buying a tent and having sleepovers in the back yard. Send your wife to a weekend with the girlfriends and then go on little camping trips farther and farther out. First in town, then maybe a town or two over, then the South Carolina coast or something. They will start to love it. You could even take them to REI, Gander Mountain, or some equivalent store and let them pick out something cheap and fun for camping. Maybe that's a hammock or the like. They will start loving the outdoors, and looking forward to your hikes. When they are around 10 or so, you can start flying fun places and make it a 4 or 5 day weekend. You could even bring your wife along for those and she could stay at "home base" which will be a nice hotel room with a Jacuzzi tub, while you guys are hiking during the day.

My youngest, who is now 12, went on his first camping trip with just me and the kids, at my grandma's farm in Illinois, when he was just 10 weeks old. I brought his pack-n-play with us and we slept in a tent for two nights. My wife was back in Iowa at the time because she hates camping.

Buy one of these tents: https://www.tentsile...tions/treetents

• Like 1

All my family consolidated back there, other than me obv. She's still my girlfriend. She knows it has been a tough time.

Sure, but I was more asking what will happen when you move back to KC. Will she come with you? You guys have been together for a long time at this point.