• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I don't love fast food as a rule, and almost never get it, with a couple of churched up exceptions like Culvers, but if I'm in a situation like traveling, where I need to grab something fast and mobile, I'll give LJS a spin, out of sheer novelty. It's as shitty as it's burger and taco equivalents, but a basket full of deep fried shrimp and a hushpuppy is a nice curveball from what I normally eat.

I want a lake house more than anything....

Yepp, great area to live in...

Once...or twice if youre lucky.... every year in the summer the water temperature at depth reaches a certain point compared to the surface that it "turns over"

Then for several days up to month you get to inhale the rich aroma of fish shit, rotting carcasses, and stagnant water. Fortunately its concentrated enough to seep into the house no matter how many storm doors and windows you install...

Morning routine includes wading around the bank picking up beer cans, fishing line, stryofoam coolers and minnow buckets, rancid containers of liver and worms, and many other items that require a ten foot pole with a bent nail on the end to dispose of

Similar to a soldier sweeping for land mines in Afghanistan, every step in the yard is carefully examined beforehand for the often present water snake, snapping turtle, and in the right climate the occasional crawdad with pinchers that a red lobster would be proud of....

But dont get me wrong.... the sound of a boat going along adds ambiance the the setting. Relaxing as you nap on the hammock tied between a couple trees. I wouldnt suggest lying there for long periods though. If you do, be sure and have a few pints of compatible blood handy for replenishing what the swarm of mosquitoes draw from ya

Youll also want at least two full cases of signal flares and a couple shooters around for when the party barge anchors within earshot around one in the morning. Around three when the party evolves into a full blown domestic dispute with screaming women and their near death drunk men throwing shit overboard for you to pick up later, five will get ya twenty that after yelling for them to shut the hell up youll be fired upon with one.

My personal favorite is the czech surplus in twenty six mm.... but the twelve gauge ones in a pump eight seventy usually gets them undocked in short order....

Happy house huntin!

With beans it's always the little side comments that are awesome...

"Driving around hunting deer"

Haha

Its called "gentleman hunting"

Its for times the weather just isnt fit to be out in....

Good example:

Shane and I were out one morning before daylight around the middle of october. Colder than hell and neither of us were dress appropriately for the conditions...

Shane: "Damn Beans.... its just too damn cold for this shit"

Beans sitting beside: "Yeah.... but it should warm up when the sun comes up"

(five minutes later)

"Beans Im about to freeze to death"

"Just be quiet and keep an eye peeled over there in that brush"

(five minutes later)

"I cant stand this shit no more!"

"Well shit.... then roll the damn window up.... but youre gonna be sorry when you miss a shot trying to get it back down in time"

Taruuuue story...

• Like 2

I had Popeye's for dinner last night. Popeye kicks the Colonels ass. Thinking of picking up burritos from the Mexican market down the street for tonight. Debating over the chili verde or carne asada.

popeye's chicken is the shit

dog.jpg

watching parts unknown: vegas and love bourdain's summation of the edm club scene. "come ye lords and princelings of douchedom"

--edit

too delicious. bourdain sitting at a table game with e-dog and bourdain straight out asks lindgren if he's a degenerate gambler. and hank does a spit take.

• Like 1

Out of the giant chains, Popeyes is my favorite, but only the spicy.

I don't like fried chicken, though, for the most part.

Never had anything but the spicy there. Their mashed potatoes and gravy is true goodness as well.

After growing up in the south and seeing what black people do, destroying those gorgeous bodies, I am pretty turned off to that greasy crap.

I know what you're saying but one of the reasons I like Popeye's so much is that it's not nearly as greasy as the other chicken joints.

Heading down to the San Diego Zoo tomorrow.

Never had anything but the spicy there. Their mashed potatoes and gravy is true goodness as well.

I know what you're saying but one of the reasons I like Popeye's so much is that it's not nearly as greasy as the other chicken joints.

I wasn't making a real point. I mean, I do think southern people eat like trash and give themselves diabetes and shit, but I just saw an opening to talk about black people like they are claiming horsing, and jumped on it.

ah it's always nice to be reminded how worthless and unsuccessful I am on a friday morning.

not supposed to talk about it

to be fair I think I used to be fairly smart. at least passably I guess. but I really do think the whole sleep problem issue has messed with my brain to the point that I'm a flat out idiot now. I can't remember anything, can't process information for shit, and generally just feel like a dumbass all the time. kinda sucks because as worthless and unsuccessful as I was before, it's only guaranteed to get worse from here. guess that more than kinda sucks.

but yeah I believe you're gonna be pretty disappointed when you find out what your boss meant by "taco lunch." or, well, maybe not.

Racist.

I am a forgetful dumb ass idiot that can't sleep but I don't let it hinder my life.

Long week, the hours have been pretty brutal and I probably drove a couple thousand miles. Got home at midnight last night after driving back from Lima. It's really not true that Santana and those singing kids actually go to school there. And it's a pretty scummy place that you guys can scratch off the vacation list.

I have been all over rural farm country in backwoods Ohio. Nice folks. I've had to pray with them a few times to see if God wants them to have a new roof which is always fun, if not inwardly a little awkward.

The best thing I've discovered is this little diner that serves homemade rhubarb pie. I had never had it, but I swear it rivals cherry pie, maybe a toss-up. I can't wait to get an appointment 2 hours away just to go there. It's like heroin or napa or coffee, something you just can't do without.

So friggin' tired and I have shitload of yard work to do. Doesn't feel like a day off. I just want to veg out and watch Hell's kitchen or even Parenthood.

Oh, and brvy I found some nice Oaxacan signed black pottery and a small rookwood piece Ina thrift store in bum**** ohio this week killing time between appointments. Total score.

• Like 1

Little yellow Rookwood vase.

Ignore the Owls, I haven't out how to throw that gift out yet.

Goddam it. Can't drop or attach files or pics, I remember the old days when this was easy.

Fckin iPad.

Grrr

Fck it

I need some pie and coffee.

• Like 1

I miss sand diego these days...

The bags grandfather and uncles lived there until a few years ago and I spent a considerable amount of time meandering around the place

One afternoon I borrowed one of their neighbors crotch rocket two wheelers and buzzed up to the Belmont area. Sat in a little ocean side mexican grub bar and people watched for several mugs before rolling into the torrey pines district. Parked it off the road around the glider port and found a majestic little spot on the edge of a cliff and watched instructors give tandem flights to gliding students. Occasionally someone would launch off that had some seriously sharp skills at the helm of the tube triangles....

One day I plan to return and solo one of them that thangs

Might want to swing by there on the way home and check it out. It may be too early in the season though. Worth the effort to make a detour through the area just for the scenery.

I may not do much today. Been logging some serious hours of late. In fact, Im crawling back under the covers right now....

• Like 1

Oh, and brvy I found some nice Oaxacan signed black pottery and a small rookwood piece Ina thrift store in bum**** ohio this week killing time between appointments. Total score.

Whoa, awesome!

Goddam it. Can't drop or attach files or pics, I remember the old days when this was easy.

Fckin iPad.

Grrr

Fck it

I need some pie and coffee.

lol

Ah... good nap

Before I return to painting epoxy over carbon fiber mat and vacuuming it down with the loudest shop vac in the world, Ill share one more tidbit on the subject of the diego....

Like stated above, the bags gramps lived in national city. Old feller and I had quite a bit in common.... both of us were what most would tag as renegades. Nicer term would be free spirit. Generally speaking, if something is considered abnormal/illegal to the general population it would fall into the list of our hobbies. We stayed in his backyard in the guest house slash laboratory filled with reloading supplies, electronic equipment, and beer brewing supplies. Along the walls were hundreds of books not normally found in the local library. Ill never forget the look on the wifes face when she walked in and read the title of my bedtime story for the evening. I checked that one out permanently.... How to Dispose of a Dead Body. It now has a home on my desk as a reminder to all visitors not to screw with me

Anyhoo, his neighbor was a young fellow who worked on the naval base as a private contractor. His hobby was buying up crotch rockets from the soldiers who watched one too many repeats of Top Gun and found out that instead of buzzing the tower with goose their ass was based in a tiny hole inside an aircraft carrier or in some country they couldnt pronounce. Instead of paying to ship it overseas or rent a storage building, they were ususally unloaded at fire sale prices a few hours from deployment. If youve ever been inside a motorcycle dealership thats exactly how the guys house looked. His collection was so big that the bike in the bathroom served as a towel and toilet paper holder.

Since him and gramps were buddies I got the pick of the litter to use anytime I was in town. One afternoon I chose a beast that featured a seven fifty with a turbo hung on the front. Bastard took a severely alcohol impaired idiot to roll the throttle all the way back more than once. Shot out of a cannon quick, it was

One beautiful afternoon which is the norm for there found me at a joint called Anthonys fish grotto. If tilty reads this before leaving he really should grace the place. Good eatin for sure. The bloody marys were stout enough to peel paint and I had a large reserve of them along for the ride home as I staggered a leg over the death trap to go home...

"Man.... thats quite a scoot ya got there"

"Yeah.... it gets three stitches to the mile the best I can figure"

"You run it down ninety four yet?"

"Nah.... but you know thats not a bad idea.... I may run that tomorrow"

"It goes down to the tecate factory ya know"

"Hell...that seals the deal"

"Wanna tour guide?"

"Misery loves company"

"Names Perry"

"Beans"

"Wanna be at Burger King at campo around eight?"

"Its a platonic date, sir"

The fellow I met and spent riding with that day sure looked familiar. As par with most car/bike guys, the subject of conversation was always mechanical or location stuff. It wasnt until we had made the run, I got pretty slobbered in the beer tour, and we rolled back into the city that I got his last name...

"Perry"

"Ive met you somewhere before.... cars and coffee in Vegas?"

"Ive been on TV a little"

(Beans ciphers)

"RIPTIDE!"

"Yep"

"Shit the bed"

"Yeah"

"Yeah"

Over the years weve made several treks like that first one. It was my turn to host so I stuck him on a four fifty enduro and rode the powerline road from central CA into Vegas. After that there were dozens of "field trips" and adventures involving two wheelers. I dont get to ride with the chap much anymore being based in the hills. I still laugh about the time he was selected for a speech on motorcycle safety when all the sudden Shane tipped his bike over he was drunkenly balancing himself on. It took me and a few assistants ten minutes to untangle him from under the the bike and two others that dominoed down on top of him. Perry, obviously embarrassed by our behavior, eased the situation and got a roar of laughs by using my somebody get the jaws of life statement Im so famous for using

• Like 2

Played 18 yesterday. Legit 104. I count every stroke, every penalty and everything else. No mulligans at all. I've played with two different people that I've seen pick up on a hole after dropping 3 in the water and say after, "I shot 86 today.' Baffling.

I three putt probably 10 times, shanked 3 times (maybe 4) off the tee and carded a 12 on the back 9. Tighten some of that up and I can realistically card an 89, which is my 2nd golf goal. Obviously, breaking a hundred is the first.

The positives, I was cranking my 6,7,8,9 and ow yesterday. I actually hit way long on at least 4 greens/approach shots yesterday. Used to play the same irons as my father inlaw, and I had to club down (or is it club up?) at least two clubs yesterday. I still want getting it right every time. But I was just striking it real crisp.

Then got in the pool, drank some beers, made some dinner. Good day.

Today, vodka sodas and the pool.

• Like 1

Played 18 yesterday. Legit 104. I count every stroke, every penalty and everything else. No mulligans at all. I've played with two different people that I've seen pick up on a hole after dropping 3 in the water and say after, "I shot 86 today.' Baffling.

I'm the same way. I feel like I'm lying to myself, which won't help anyone get better.