I Called In Sick Today

I spent most of my night writing stuff, and then deleting it because I was pretty sure somebody else had written it before.

I'm almost certain I do not have a future in comedy.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

have you considered jokes about airline food?

hey nick, I just woke up. and you're still up. how do you feel about that?

I'm gonna forego going out and hanging out with friends tonight so that I can get a lot of grass cut so I don't have to cut it tomorrow so tomorrow I can go cut down a tree. woohoo. haven't cut wood in a while. gettin' the itch.

have you considered jokes about airline food?

hey nick, I just woke up. and you're still up. how do you feel about that?

A friend of mine has been reasonably successful in the comedy game, and one time somebody more successful than him made a joke at my friend's expense, in which he insinuated my friend's comedy was tantamount to airline food jokes. We spent the four days before his next set writing only airline food jokes so he could go on and show that guy what's what. Like, "hey, ************, I bet you think you're funny, THIS is what funny really is. SO WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH AIRLINE FOOD?"

He bombed harder than anyone I've ever seen. It was epic.

Oh, and as far as the awake/asleep thing you're talking about, I don't feel much about it either way. Except, I guess, ambivalent.

Anyway, since we're talking about my sleep schedule, I tend to pull a few 24-36 hour life-shifts a week, while still averaging 6ish hours of sleep a night. Admittedly, it's super weird when I drink, because sometimes I honestly lose complete track of my sobriety. I mean, I'll have no idea if I'm sober or drunk. If I had to guess my BAC, I'm not sure if I could get within 8 points.

I'm gonna forego going out and hanging out with friends tonight so that I can get a lot of grass cut so I don't have to cut it tomorrow so tomorrow I can go cut down a tree. woohoo. haven't cut wood in a while. gettin' the itch.

hey shake, I just finished all my landscaping duties for the week. and you've still got to do yours. how do you feel about that?

I feel GREAT

Sometimes I feel like I want to give somebody a high-five, but that doesn't seem awesome enough, so I imagine giving somebody a dick-five. Does that make me me some kind of fag?

I wrote a pretty great cover letter last night. this accounting job at the gaming company has been posted for forever, so I had an employee refer me. job requires collaboration with strangers around the company, so I wrote about the time someone forwarded me an impressive recon report, which led to me cold-emailing a guy 5 ranks above me (from another group) to ask for a meeting, collaborating with him to automate the creation of said report, and bringing the process into our group.

was good. I will bomb on the phone like last time and not even get an on site interview. but it was a good cover letter.

What's the deal with airline food? Why don't they just make the whole plane out of it?

(stolen from Twitter; don't remember who said it)

Got a date tonight. This is a weird one. Met her in a bar and know nothing about her except I want to prosecute the pussy.

• Like 1

I'm really going to enjoy a post work nap. Gonna leave soon because I have to go sign a new lease for my apartment. Decided to stay where I am. Big decision. Should be okay. Scheduled at 4 on Friday so I could leave early. It's how a playa does.

Another thing happening in my life is my living situation. My lease is up in 60 days and I won't be staying where I am currently. For several reasons: price, mobility, and tired of living with current roommate.

Just sprinkled some Gold Bond on my junk. Feel like that's the kind of thing I'd appreciate every day, but I only save it for special occasions. It's important to utilize restraint, you guys.