Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Are people really scared of snakes and spiders or is that just the cool Internet thing to do?

For the most part no, but a 30 foot snake opening a door. Ya, that's not cool. Glad I have door knobs and not handles.

holy god why have I not been just job searching nonstop? wow. I just applied to like three jobs through staffing agencies that pay like 1.5x what I make now that I am ridiculously overqualified for.

thank god most people are ****ing trash at excel.

Randy, be honest with us: you have a Pinterest page, don't you?

Haha, no. But....

When we remodeled the house I have spent a lot of time online looking at stuff. We are kind of doing this mixture of Urban Rustic (I'm learning the lingo, haha) decor or somthing like that. We always like to go to Antique shops and cool vintage stores so we are pretty much decorating in that style while keeping it some what modern looking. The cool thing is that aren't spending much on any one item, finding cool things and refurbishing them. During this process I have learned about Pinterest, but never been there, wife loves it though. I have searched through Houzz for ideas, and such. I search craigslist for stuff as well. But a couple months ago we had an estate sale Deb's mom's stuff and the people were really cool and gave me some websites to check out. That led to me always going through the Estate Sale pictures and trying to hit them up when I can now. I went to one last Friday and came away with a ton of cool shit (haha). Alot of it is just collectible stuff that I'm not sure what I'll do with. Alot of it we have used to decorate. Anyway, now I have a ton of cool projects going on. I am refurbishing a couple antique trunks and other woodworking type stuff. An old church pew, an old shoe shine stool etc. all for the garden.

I bought this Antique Fairbanks Scale, circa 1860 (after research) for $15. Saw a very similar one sell on Ebay for $155. I am removing the rust and cleaning it up and will use it for something or other. Probably let the old lady pick out a big candle for it or something.

3e4bffcb-71bc-4d2b-b332-1320cae97d50_zpse0a0455e.jpg

Found this old cool stool I'll repaint and recover. Paid $5 would sell for about $75 when I'm done but I'm keeping it.

f8399547-9b66-4e4b-b043-c096f038995d_zps7bc5b1ad.jpg

The trunk..

IMG_20130519_212442_717_zps7fc0da97.jpg

Took this rusted out old milkcan and ground the rust off of it and repainted it. The logo is from the last Rush album (damn I wanna post a smilie) Clockwork Angels. I have tons of little Rush references through out the garden like that.

IMG_20130609_102643_404_zps3140a229.jpg

Bought some coffee bean bags for $8 and painted and fixed up the old counter stools.

IMG_20130609_225713_892_zps73c88494.jpg

Think I'm finally ready to concede I can't taste stuff as well as other people due to my lack of smelling abilty and therefore you should never take food recommendations from me.

• Like 1

Just got a snapchat that somebody already swooped my 22" monitor at work. Figures.

seriously? is your place of employment like a cross between office space and the road warrior or something?

Yeah, except they can because I'm the lowest ranking employee (aside from bosses son and bosses daughters boyfriend). Not much I can really do except act like I'm not mad and im totally ok with it so they can't get any satisfaction from me. And it's not like I'm some super employee who can go around making waves. I'm highly expendable.

you better toughen up new fish. better hit a motherfucker with a lunch tray and get used to shanking bitches or you're going to hate lights out for the duration of your tenure. now get back there and deuce in someone's desk drawer.

Im afraid of all animals really. You can't reason with them.

i never thought i would have an opportunity to actually interact with the milquetoast narrator from fight club. i hope you have your psychotic break soon 'cause you need some tyler durden in your life.

daniel tosh was hilarious. I'm a pretty big fan now. his opener was good too. some black guy. suppose you can google his name if you want cause I'm not gonna.

had 4 non-alcoholic beers at the strip club afterwards. that sucked. but I did get to see some snatch. and one of them bit my ear and sucked on my neck. I did nothing in response. was kind of weirded out actually. anyways, got to sleep at 3:30 and woke up at 6:30. really glad I have today off.

So I haven't been not here just because I'm now working and way too important for such things. My computer kept telling me for days (not anymore) that the forum was dangerous and carrying malware and the like. Anyone else have that problem?

Anyway, being an animal doctor is fun so far. A little terrifying, but I'm finding that the other doctors where I work are pretty understanding about me asking a ton of questions. Most of it isn't medical related, more administrative junk, but I get lots of opinions on medical stuff too, solicited or not. It's occasionally awkward to figure out a way to say that certain things aren't "old school" as much they're "bad medicine". But there's very little of that at my place, which is nice.

the other doctors

Nice drop in brag post.

Glad to hear you're settling in and haven't killed any animals yet.

I'm just assuming the last part due to your new school, medical excellence.

Im afraid of all animals really. You can't reason with them.

You can, it just involves chemical assistance.

I feel like randy could do amazing things with slightly better taste

Heh.

as to the malware, you're probably ****ed, speedz. good luck with it, man.

Well, I never clicked through to the site when I got the warnings, so it's probably ok. I think that means you're the ones who are ****ed. haHA!

Glad to hear you haven't killed any animals yet.

I don't remember saying that.

Has this awesomeness been mentioned:

Also, Bosh fouled the shit out of Green. I don't like that no-call, if only because Bosh's stupidity should have been punished.

Nor do you enforce them, I'm guessing.

Nailed it.

I don't believe that has been discussed yet. Would you like to?

That game last night was incredible. There were a hundred different little things that could've changed the outcome of the game.