I Called In Sick Today

I moved out at 14 and it would take something ridiculous to get me to move back in with my parents. My mom is a nightmare to deal with.
my parents are mostly reasonable when I have a job. living here would be pretty ideal. I don't have any friends or desire to date, so we're really just discussing network latency at this point.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Strat, I think you should put only the classes you got a B+ or higher in on your resume. Just list them out under your degree.
let me list them for youfreshman honors tutorial (what?)elements of sociologycalculus IImanagerial accounting Iintroduction to information systemsgeneral psychologyprinciples of biologybusiness policy and strategycorporate financeintro to entrepreneurshipfinancial markets and intermediariesfinancial modeling & risk analysis
let me list them for youfreshman honors tutorial (what?)elements of sociologycalculus IImanagerial accounting Iintroduction to information systemsgeneral psychologyprinciples of biologybusiness policy and strategycorporate financeintro to entrepreneurshipfinancial markets and intermediariesfinancial modeling & risk analysis
Did you actually know that off the top of your head, or do you sleep with your transcripts?
Did you actually know that off the top of your head, or do you sleep with your transcripts?
I saved my transcript to PDF back when I had access to KU's website.the picture it paints is so depressing. the stuff that fits your criteria was largely unrelated to my degree--and I STILL averaged well below a 2.5 in that nonsense. I just did not give a shit about finance while I was still in school and remained largely ignorant of current events. which is absurd considering those years included maybe the most interesting financial happenings in decades. I have morphed into this self-loathing tub of shit these last few months.
places she needs to try:website she needs to get on her iphone:I assume she has an iphone if she's from Chi and going to KU. fucking naperville kids.
TY. No IPhone. We all work for a living.
Maybe you could give her some tips on what kind of course load will lead to a steady job upon graduation. :dance icon:
Majoring in education, so she won't have a problem when she graduates.
He's all growned up!
Wife and kids next. Not in that order. It's Iowa.
I spent about 2 hours too many cleaning my pool filter then trying to prime the pump to get it back working at 7:00 this morning. I gave up, went to my grandmothers 90th birthday party, came back and fixed it in about 15 minutes.
Congrats to Granny Guap. We are having a dinner for my grandma's 104th this Thursday.
Thank you. I'm not a big fan of that girl in particular, only because I don't love the fake boobitatas, but there were some other gems on the site.
Too fat also...
1:1 - I don't know anything about odds, but I wanted to represent 100%. I'm guessing that 1:1 is only 50%, but 1:0 doesn't look right. Please continue this discussion while I hang my head in shame.
But you post on a poker website?
I've never even heard of Allegiant Air. Is it like Spirit? I hate that airline so much.So, my new job is different to say the least. The pay is great but I do not have job security past 18-24 months (I was brought in to work on a specific large scale litigation.) It is possible I will receive a more permanent offer but not guaranteed....but if I can be there for two years that is enough experience that I can move laterally more easily.
Working on that class action lawsuit for Uncle Rando?
how do I convince these banks that I'm not a threat to bail within, say, 6mo? this is the third time I've been turned down for a job as a teller, and the HR guy is a friend...
You are applying for the wrong job. The teller position has the highest turnover at a bank. Start as a personal banker ala RMexico. Hopefully it is a bank with a good commercial lending dept. Credit Analyst then Lender then CEO. Trust me.
That was my reaction, but we're jaded by one of the most expensive markets in the country. Last weekend I was at my buddy's parents' house, which was a gorgeous 6 bedroom 7 bathroom in LeBron's neighborhood (outside Akron) on a good chunk of land. I figured it would have to be at least $1M anywhere in MA, closing in on $1.5M in certain areas. In Bath, Ohio? $500k.
COL in the East is rediculous. Higher wages, though, offset.
Depends on the parents of course. From a financial perspective, it was nice to save up some money at home before getting my own place for good.
Yep.
You know, you don't need to put your GPA on job applications. Many people don't.
I strongly concur.
better advice: if you had a high gpa in courses relevant to what you want to be doing, i.e. econ, finance, math etc only put that on there. who gives a shit about your gpa in anything else, anyway. also, if your test scores were good, put those on there.
I strongly concur.
Strat, I think you should put only the classes you got a B+ or higher in on your resume. Just list them out under your degree.
Do not list your courses.
I saved my transcript to PDF back when I had access to KU's website.the picture it paints is so depressing. the stuff that fits your criteria was largely unrelated to my degree--and I STILL averaged well below a 2.5 in that nonsense. I just did not give a shit about finance while I was still in school and remained largely ignorant of current events. which is absurd considering those years included maybe the most interesting financial happenings in decades. I have morphed into this self-loathing tub of shit these last few months.
I think that this is the biggest problem with our 4 year college programs. There is very little real world teaching that goes on. It's mostly 20-30 year professors that are reading from a book. This may be ok in a research field, such has history, but for business classes it makes little to no sense.
I think that this is the biggest problem with our 4 year college programs. There is very little real world teaching that goes on. It's mostly 20-30 year professors that are reading from a book. This may be ok in a research field, such has history, but for business classes it makes little to no sense.
Internships!
I disagree to a certain extent. Sure, you can get a 4 year education that's fairly useless in the real world, but it's also very possible to get a lot out of it. First of all, anyone who is interested in a certain area can definitely find upper level classes that are highly focused...yes, even in business school. Also, part of the college experience is learning how to parse* information on your own instead of having it all spoon fed to you. *it's possible I don't understand how to properly use this word
I have dibs on your farm team if you decide to kill yourself.
in any event, keep an eye on this if I stop posting for a while.http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/obituaries
I'm at least partially to blame for my position. I think it's about 99% me, 1% other sources.

Leavenworth! And you have not applied to be a prison guard yet?Nothing relieves tension like beating on some poor inmate with a billy club. Plus, it's good for the biceps and triceps.

I disagree to a certain extent. Sure, you can get a 4 year education that's fairly useless in the real world, but it's also very possible to get a lot out of it. First of all, anyone who is interested in a certain area can definitely find upper level classes that are highly focused...yes, even in business school. Also, part of the college experience is learning how to parse* information on your own instead of having it all spoon fed to you. *it's possible I don't understand how to properly use this word
Very true. I was one who searched out not only classes but teachers who provided more than the typical text book answers to things. But most do not and they are not encouraged to. I know I shared this in the past when Wang was going on one of his school tirades, but I was the guy in class most people got upset with because I would ask questions or get in discussions about things that were not going to be on our exams.
Very true. I was one who searched out not only classes but teachers who provided more than the typical text book answers to things. But most do not and they are not encouraged to. I know I shared this in the past when Wang was going on one of his school tirades, but I was the guy in class most people got upset with because I would ask questions or get in discussions about things that were not going to be on our exams.
All of this really depends on where you are in school, too. This is all very familiar. I think we may be in a timeloop.
I hate "that" guy......especially if you were asking questions right around the end of class. Don't do that. However, questions that get the teacher to go off on a long tangent in the beginning or middle of the class period are great.I picked classes in college based on how I could get Friday and Monday off......I also targeted professors with lax attendance policies. I had a really good time in college because I knew I was going to grad school anyway. Picked my history major because it was one of the few majors where you did not have to do a thesis. Played a lot of beirut, went to AC a lot, did things with my wife (then gf). Good times.
I hate "that" guy......especially if you were asking questions right around the end of class. Don't do that. However, questions that get the teacher to go off on a long tangent in the beginning or middle of the class period are great.I picked classes in college based on how I could get Friday and Monday off......I also targeted professors with lax attendance policies. I had a really good time in college because I knew I was going to grad school anyway. Picked my history major because it was one of the few majors where you did not have to do a thesis. Played a lot of beirut, went to AC a lot, did things with my wife (then gf). Good times.
I still have nightmares that I didn't graduate. There were a handful of classes I just did not go to until the exams. And I keep thinking that for some reason I was dropped from the class. even though it was 10 years ago, and I have my diploma, and it really doesn't matter anymore, it's not a good feeling waking up thinking you didn't actually graduate.
I still have nightmares that I didn't graduate. There were a handful of classes I just did not go to until the exams. And I keep thinking that for some reason I was dropped from the class. even though it was 10 years ago, and I have my diploma, and it really doesn't matter anymore, it's not a good feeling waking up thinking you didn't actually graduate.
I definitely did the old "first day and exam day only" for a couple of courses (astronomy and sociology 001 for example). I have had that dream once or twice I think.....but the funny thing is the better ranked your college the easier it is to get away with some shady shit attendance and grade wise. Inflation is good sometimes.
try waking up to the realization that your graduation got you fucking nowhere, and that you have missed every expectation anyone ever set for you. do this every day for six months, report back on how it feels.
try waking up to the realization that your graduation got you fucking nowhere, and that you have missed every expectation anyone ever set for you. do this every day for six months, report back on how it feels.
wow and you don't even have a wife to remind you of this every day. I think we need to take Strat to Vegas or something.
I did it for a couple years. So suck it up. I graduated in 2000. There was a recession then too, and the entry level jobs I was applying for had people with Masters and 5 - 10 years experience applying for them.I ended up working the family business for 2 years, for pittance, and it sucked.
wow and you don't even have a wife to remind you of this every day. I think we need to take Strat to Vegas or something.
n-no thank you
I did it for a couple years. So suck it up. I graduated in 2000. There was a recession then too, and the entry level jobs I was applying for had people with Masters and 5 - 10 years experience applying for them.I ended up working the family business for 2 years, for pittance, and it sucked.
what family business?I would happily trade graduation dates with you.