I Called In Sick Today

What are you guys talking about here?
You don't want to know.
Also: Dreams are weird. I've had some really disturbing ones, which I won't share here because they could reflect really poorly upon my character even though I totally don't condone rape or even find it kinda hot, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly just random synapses firing. I try not to read into them too much. (God, why am I so boring right now? What is wrong with me?)
Rape dreams are never boring. Well, they are, but you had to be there.
The discussion lasted all of 4 PMs. "Hey we should make a DreamTeam. You and me, team up." "Yeah, but we have no art skills." "Hmm. You're right. We should ask, like, LG. She'd be perfect." "Yeah. She'd have to do all of the work, though. Oh well."
Yeah, our enthusiasm was even shorter-lived than usual.
I don't know why this discouraged you. Some of my best stuff has been through this process.
some?
Ouch.
what?
Back seat posting is fun.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I just had a 90min convo with a senior who was concerned about how much things cost compared to how much they used to cost and how she can make a payment over the phone without giving us any information like a credit card "because the police told us in that seminar they have for old people to never let anyone write down your credit card number, you know the one, you should attend it, it was full of really good information like how you should never let anyone write down your credit card number, you should attend it, oh wait, i attended mine at the women's centre, do you think you'd be allowed to attend it? because it was full of some really useful tricks, like never let anyone write down your credit card number. but you sound like a nice young man, so if you'll promise to throw the number away afterwards, i will break the 'never let anyone write down your credit card number' rule and give you my credit card number."i have a whole new appreciation for how it must feel to be Ron Mexico.

I just had a 90min convo with a senior who was concerned about how much things cost compared to how much they used to cost and how she can make a payment over the phone without giving us any information like a credit card "because the police told us in that seminar they have for old people to never let anyone write down your credit card number, you know the one, you should attend it, it was full of really good information like how you should never let anyone write down your credit card number, you should attend it, oh wait, i attended mine at the women's centre, do you think you'd be allowed to attend it? because it was full of some really useful tricks, like never let anyone write down your credit card number. but you sound like a nice young man, so if you'll promise to throw the number away afterwards, i will break the 'never let anyone write down your credit card number' rule and give you my credit card number."i have a whole new appreciation for how it must feel to be Ron Mexico.
So what are we going to buy?
I honestly could not decide last night, so I decided to sleep on it. You'll have your answer around 2PM, when I get out of class. I think I'm having the most trouble deciding what to do with LadyGhey's. It was absolutely awesome, but it was neither a Sal Photoshop picture, nor a Beans-style Corona pic. At this point, I'm leaning Turd, VB, LG as my top 3, with Qyaqi (note: I decided his new name is Yoppi!, and he shall be referred to as such from now on) in 4th.
Booo....I thought mine was particularly epic......with your body and all!

Hey Veeb. I see you down there. I just want to say that I enjoyed your Round 2 submission very much. Well devised, well executed. Just a solid all-around effort, sir.In other, not-directed-at-VB news:How long do you think you could go without eating? A friend of mine wants to bet me that I can't go 5 full days without eating. I may consume 120 calories/day in liquids, and whatever calories come in my daily vitamins. I think I could do it for sure, but I'm only about 160 at the moment. Any chance this is, like, dangerous or anything? I think the body can go, like, 3 weeks without food, so I should be fine, right?

Hey Veeb. I see you down there. I just want to say that I enjoyed your Round 2 submission very much. Well devised, well executed. Just a solid all-around effort, sir.In other, not-directed-at-VB news:How long do you think you could go without eating? A friend of mine wants to bet me that I can't go 5 full days without eating. I may consume 120 calories/day in liquids, and whatever calories come in my daily vitamins. I think I could do it for sure, but I'm only about 160 at the moment. Any chance this is, like, dangerous or anything? I think the body can go, like, 3 weeks without food, so I should be fine, right?
Thank you sir. (your honor?)What's the motivation? Like, is there a prize involved? I think without some good reason you'd be pretty likely to say eff this and eat something after a couple days. You can theoretically go up to 30 days without food (3 days without water). I hear there are some worthwhile hallucinations starting around day 20. You're not likely to die, but you could very well pass out here and there. I've seen that happen to people who do that pepper-and-syrup-only cleansing crap.
My flatmate did a fast in first year.If you agree to it, look up fasting guidelines on the web (obviously). My flatmate did a week of reduced portions, followed by a week of just fruit and water, then started the fast. She only last about 3-5 days as I recall once she started the actual fast, but she did say she felt way more energised and shit during the 2nd week and beginning of the fast. But basically my message is, you have to build up to it otherwise your body will react more to the lack of food and you'll feel like crap and you'll never make it.
How long do you think you could go without eating? A friend of mine wants to bet me that I can't go 5 full days without eating. I may consume 120 calories/day in liquids, and whatever calories come in my daily vitamins. I think I could do it for sure, but I'm only about 160 at the moment. Any chance this is, like, dangerous or anything? I think the body can go, like, 3 weeks without food, so I should be fine, right?
Yes, there is a chance that this is dangerous, especially if your liver function is permanently diminished by your years as an alcoholic. You won't die, but you could possibly do serious damage. NOT worth taking the bet.
Yes, there is a chance that this is dangerous, especially if your liver function is permanently diminished by your years as an alcoholic. You won't die, but you could possibly do serious damage. NOT worth taking the bet.
My liver and I have always had a pretty... solid... relationship, so I'm not too concerned. We reached a tentative truce when I was 19: Liver handles his business, keeps on top of shit -- you know, makes sure all the glycogen gets put away, the protein synthesis goes smoothly, hormone levels stay within reasonable levels, etc. -- and I feed his... needs. I'm going to be honest: Liver's a pretty weird dude. He's into some pretty deep shit, man. I thought I could keep him happy by feeding him a steady stream of booze, but that plan backfired when Liver realized the more he got, the more he was able to indulge his other desires as well. I tell you, some of the stuff Liver would ask me to do... that's not cool man, I don't want to play Areolae Skeet Shot again. No, Liver does not get a treat; I just bought you a fucking half-gallon.Anyway, I don't think he'd be willing to shut down just to spite me. I'll just promise him a fat chick and a camera-phone and he'll do anything I ask. Pathetic fuck.

Sadly, I'm quite used to the anthropomorphism of organs.

No, Liver does not get a treat
I've got Amigos! on my DVR at the moment...it's really an incredible episode even aside from the Best Moment Ever ("your wife is dead").Lindsay: Check out who's on that hog in the rearview mirror. Michael: George Michael! The whole thing is genius. I spent a few minutes thinking about how incredible it is that there were a handful* of jokes concerning the George Bluth Blueprint that were probably all side-notes to set up what I assume was the orginal idea: Ice tackling Tobias out of confusion stemming from the fact that his face is blue. Actually, I bet the original thought was simply, "I need to have Ice tackle Tobias."*the business model making photo sized copies, the mexicans offering to build whatever the blueprints were of, etc.
Were you one of the ones mocking me for thinking Max Polish might have something to offer?
Pretty sure that was me.
I think you need to take a vitamin C supplement of some sort not to get scurvy, but I'm no Bear Gryls, so don't quote me on that.
I'm no Bear Gryls, so don't quote me on that.
Has anyone seen the new ads for Man vs Wild? Their new slogan is: "He doesn't teach you how to survive, he teaches you how to live."Probably because his advice was so bad.
Pretty sure that was me.I think you need to take a vitamin C supplement of some sort not to get scurvy, but I'm no Bear Gryls, so don't quote me on that.
You can go about 2 months without any vitamin C before scurvy happens. Don't quote me on that because I am no Bear Gryls though because I never enjoyed a stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
Has anyone seen the new ads for Man vs Wild? Their new slogan is: "He doesn't teach you how to survive, he teaches you how to live."Probably because his advice was so bad.
I did watch the first episode of the season and he gave himself and enema at sea to stay hydrated. I really don't have anything quippy of funny to say about that, it sorta speaks for itself.

The weather here has been crazy. 40-50 MPH winds. Constant rain. Cold. Is this what you guys deal with in the mid west?I have actually had to wear a jacket multiple days this week already and use and umbrella. I didn't even know I owned an umbrella until yesterday, and the fact that it was conveniently located in the gunnel of my car yesterday was even more amazing. Guess that wife of mine does something good now and then. Except when she throws away 2 shoes of mine, each from a different pair and I have to wear different shoes to a conference. But her cat died yesterday, so I can't get too upset at her.

The weather here has been crazy. 40-50 MPH winds. Constant rain. Cold. Is this what you guys deal with in the mid west?I have actually had to wear a jacket multiple days this week already and use and umbrella. I didn't even know I owned an umbrella until yesterday, and the fact that it was conveniently located in the gunnel of my car yesterday was even more amazing. Guess that wife of mine does something good now and then. Except when she throws away 2 shoes of mine, each from a different pair and I have to wear different shoes to a conference. But her cat died yesterday, so I can't get too upset at her.
We wish! Oh and sorry about the shoe.
The weather here has been crazy. 40-50 MPH winds. Constant rain. Cold. Is this what you guys deal with in the mid west?
We don't have winds like that normally. Usually a constant 8-10mph wind. How cold? It's 33 here right now and that is livable. When it gets to the mid 20's then I get annoyed. Oh and we don't get rain. It's either snow, ice, or sleet. I will take rain anyday over those three usually, unless I want to ski. So if you are going to say like 50, then whatever, get over it.