I Called In Sick Today

specbrad and guapo card stories
the last time i went home to my parents' house they were in the process of re-doing my old room and when they cleaned out that closet they found 5-6 shoe boxes full of my old cards. i looked through all the ones that i still have in glass screw cases...some pretty good stuff, but none of it sells for more than $50 on ebay...i say f it though, not everyone is gonna keep their stuff mint for the next 50 years so they might appreciate. i have no intention of throwing them out or selling.i have every(*) frank thomas rookie and 2nd year card because he's been my favorite player since i was 9. the only one i don't have is the no name '90 topps rookie misprint. others i found that i thought would be worth something but aren't: tony gwynn topps rookie, griffey jr. upper deck and o-pee-chee rookies, jerry rice topps rookie, steve young topps rookie, and the shaq '92 (?) fleer ultra rejector which i remember pulling out of the pack when it was worth like $75 and is now worth $5. how did i not immediately hit that bid???
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Good. Spend a little time at work reading some of his stuff. Lemme know what you think. Haha, sorry. I didn't really want to include anybody specifically for fear of leaving someone out, but when I can include a Jeff_418 joke, well, I simply must. Let me know what you think.
Really interesting stuff so far. He writes the way I imagine you'd write, stream of consciousness stuff, with lots of tangents and interruptions. Of course I'm basing that on nothing, but I, too, have bookmarked it.
1) I also hate Joe Buck. He's such a fucking faggy faggot. BallsDeep is HILARIOUS though. 2) I also love Mike Tirico, but my reasons are probably different than yours. First, he's an unabashed Michigan Football and Detroit Pistons Basketball homer. Whenever he's doing U of M games or Pistons games, he can barely maintain a modicum of journalistic integrity. Also, he's a sexual predator. (Excerpt: "I wish I was single. If I were, I'd throw you on the table right here and **** your brains out." After she tried to excuse him as drunk, he persisted: "I know you want to screw me. So let's leave." Later, he followed her on the highway and tried to get her to pull over, unsuccessfully. From Mike Freeman's ESPN: An Uncensored History, which every sports fan should read.)3) Costas has been degenerating into this holier-than-thou, bitter old man for a while now. He's hopelessly behind the curve, and longs for the days when the work he did 15 years ago was good enough. I used to love Costas, but he's losing it with the whole "BLOGS ARE TEH WURST" thing. The internet's a meritocracy, Bob. Why are people uncomfortable with that?Amare looks good after Microfracture surgery, kid. Rehab the shit out of that thing, then do coke of strippers' chests while listening to Busta Rhymes's "Headsprung."Wang
That song was by LL Cool J. Bitch.
I don't know how many people in here -- besides Jeff926 -- are baseball fans, but if you like baseball and great writing, I'll direct you here:http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/Joe Posnanski is a columnist for the KC Star, and probably the best baseball writer in the mainstream media today. If I had any talent, I like to think I'd exercise my chops like he does. Very grounded, very rational and reasonable, but endlessly entertaining as well. His blog entries should be required reading for any baseball fan.
How can you forget the guy that told you not to bet against Silva whom the A's can't hit?As for the blog, pretty good but I'm not a Royals fan so if he talks a lot about them...; besides, I used to read Rob N Rany; now just Rany I believe and they were pretty good. I just enjoyed them bashing KC management over and over again.
I love Paula Marshall. Her episode on Californication was a dream come true.Microfracture surgery really isn't fun.
I have Californication in my netflix queue Don't you have some female friends who can play naughty nurse with you - least they could do
Really interesting stuff so far. He writes the way I imagine you'd write, stream of consciousness stuff, with lots of tangents and interruptions. Of course I'm basing that on nothing, but I, too, have bookmarked it.
Yeah, the *Pozterisks are awesome. I don't agree with everything he has to say, but I sure as fuck appreciate the way he says it. (Actually, I think I agree with almost everything he has to say.) He has never, in the few months I've been reading his work, come off as haughty or arrogant. He sincerely believes the things he writes, and investigates his leans when possible, which is something I appreciate.His book The Soul of Baseball is incredible, too.
he had me at"Eleven. Exactly. One louder."
An appreciation and integration of pop culture that isn't as brain-numbing as Bill Simmons's is also nice. If a girl ever makes a Spinal Tap joke in my presence, I'll excuse myself, go to the nearest Kay Jeweler's (who am I kidding: the nearest pawn shop) and propse.
That song was by LL Cool J. Bitch.
Yeah. It was. I don't know how I made that mistake. I think it's just because I have always WANTED that song to be by Busta Rhymes. My friend and I always joke that there is a 95+% chance that Amare Stoudemire does coke with strippers while blaring that song on repeat before slaughtering them like pigs.Wang
How can you forget the guy that told you not to bet against Silva whom the A's can't hit?As for the blog, pretty good but I'm not a Royals fan so if he talks a lot about them...; besides, I used to read Rob N Rany; now just Rany I believe and they were pretty good. I just enjoyed them bashing KC management over and over again.
I'm no Royals fan, either, and he is definitely more concerned with them than any other team, but he focuses on cool stuff, like Brian Bannister's BABIP and whatnot.Fucking Silva... Whatever, I can't complain. The A's have been good to me this year.
An appreciation and integration of pop culture that isn't as brain-numbing as Bill Simmons's is also nice. If a girl ever makes a Spinal Tap joke in my presence, I'll excuse myself, go to the nearest Kay Jeweler's (who am I kidding: the nearest pawn shop) and propse.
Just quoting this as a reminder never to let my wife meet Tactical Wang Shimmering because Spinal Tap is her all time fav movie that she makes me watch everytime it is on.
You're going to propose to the old sweaty guy who works at the pawn shop?
Just quoting this as a reminder never to let my wife meet Tactical Wang Shimmering because Spinal Tap is her all time fav movie that she makes me watch everytime it is on.
At this point in my life, I'd settle for a woman ever having heard of Harry Shearer. I have a date on Sunday, and I'll have to meet a few of her friends, I think. I am prepared for disappointment.Wang
I've had feelings for Carl for some time. I'm just looking for a sign.
I'll give you a sign, ya freakin' homo. See that ride out front? See that awesome pool in the yard? Think a homo would have either of those on display? Still confused? Check my sweats - no bulging missile of man-love saying Hi! to ya! This stud is reserved for the ladies only, so don't get any freakin' ideas...Goddamn freaks are everywhere these days, dammit.
I believe the look you're referring to is "I'm so innocent, I'm so innocent, I'm so pure; I am naughty." It's like the wholsome girl with the beautiful smile and the youthful energy who works at the Blockbuster around the corner who also has a little diamond stud in her nose.
I love that girl.I just watched the Bissinger clip...I was expecting much more of a blowup. I are disappointed cat.Flying babies!
i have every(*) frank thomas rookie and 2nd year card because he's been my favorite player since i was 9. the only one i don't have is the no name '90 topps rookie misprint. others i found that i thought would be worth something but aren't: tony gwynn topps rookie, griffey jr. upper deck and o-pee-chee rookies, jerry rice topps rookie, steve young topps rookie, and the shaq '92 (?) fleer ultra rejector which i remember pulling out of the pack when it was worth like $75 and is now worth $5. how did i not immediately hit that bid???
yeah, when I was a kid and collected baseball cards, my favorite player and the one who's cards I collected the most was jose canseco. oops.
I'll give you a sign, ya freakin' homo. See that ride out front? See that awesome pool in the yard? Think a homo would have either of those on display? Still confused? Check my sweats - no bulging missile of man-love saying Hi! to ya! This stud is reserved for the ladies only, so don't get any freakin' ideas...Goddamn freaks are everywhere these days, dammit.
I do believe this is the most excellently executed joke account on here. well done whoever you are.

Buzz Bissinger is an old curmudgeon. This is a great clip of him on the radio basically saying that saber metrics are stupid. If anyone cares start with this piece:http://www.salon.com/sports/col/kaufman/20...sday/index.htmlthen follow it up with this audio gem:http://www.790theticket.com/audioplayer.ph...how&id=2543

we have a 24-hour headline sports network up here called The Score.They're simulcasting a sirius radio show called Hardcore Sports Radio (Sirius 186).It's a couple guys mostly talking about sports betting.They bleep some stuff but let 'cocksucker' and 'bullshit' get through. This is at 6:30 p.m. on a sports channel.This is bothering me and I think it's pretty inappropriate given the time and channel.I'm all for tv shows like Entourage/Sopranos/Californication, but in the proper time and place.Considering my sons were eating supper as I was flipping channels, am I over reacting?

we have a 24-hour headline sports network up here called The Score.They're simulcasting a sirius radio show called Hardcore Sports Radio (Sirius 186).It's a couple guys mostly talking about sports betting.They bleep some stuff but let 'cocksucker' and 'bullshit' get through. This is at 6:30 p.m. on a sports channel.This is bothering me and I think it's pretty inappropriate given the time and channel.I'm all for tv shows like Entourage/Sopranos/Californication, but in the proper time and place.Considering my sons were eating supper as I was flipping channels, am I over reacting?
Kids are going to hear stuff like bullshit, not really to big of a deal I would think. Now if they were to say something like "Kobe bryant is a filthy cunt" then I would be worried. I can't stand that show either.
Kids are going to hear stuff like bullshit, not really to big of a deal I would think. Now if they were to say something like "Kobe bryant is a filthy cunt" then I would be worried.
oh ya, forgot to mention. My kids are 8 and 5 and absolutely LOVE sports. The first they do in the morning is watch sportscentre for last night's highlights.
I am pretty sure this is a blatant violation of FCC rules. Personally I could care less about swears and curse words but "**********" during the day time is crazy.
No. As much as I enjoy r-rated movies, tv shows with T and A, etc. This should not be on at that time, Kids are impressionable. I have to watch what I say, all the time now. My son was running around the house the other day yelling "DAMNIT!" Hes 2. Obv you as a parent are responsible for what your kids watch, but at the same time you should be able to turn on a sports station and not have to worry about cencoring swearing./responsible adult rantNow someone post some boobs so I feel better.
I am pretty sure this is a blatant violation of FCC rules. Personally I could care less about swears and curse words but "**********" during the day time is crazy.
I'm in Canada and we have the CRTC, which is a little more lenient, but i'm considering filing a complaint.
No. As much as I enjoy r-rated movies, tv shows with T and A, etc. This should not be on at that time, Kids are impressionable. I have to watch what I say, all the time now. My son was running around the house the other day yelling "DAMNIT!" Hes 2. Obv you as a parent are responsible for what your kids watch, but at the same time you should be able to turn on a sports station and not have to worry about cencoring swearing./responsible adult rantNow someone post some boobs so I feel better.
sloppy_floppy_boobs.jpg