I Just Wanted To Say. . .

So yesterday I lost $100 playing 1/2 and there was this guy at my taunting me all night. He actually thought that by doing this he was getting me on tilt and winning my money. [This is not true, i was playing drunk and running bad and would have lost my money regardless.]Really, though, the only effect was to inspire a deep sense of pity for this absolutely pathetic human being. Think of how sad your life would have to be to take pride in doing something like this. Think of how sad your life must be if you get a hardon (it's unlikely that he was capable of getting one, but you understand the expression) from watching someone lose $100 at 1/2.I sincerely hope that no one reading this forum will turn out like that guy, and anyone who does should give up poker immediately and seek professional help.That's all I wanted to share.Good luck and God bless,John Douglas (Dingas on PP)

I sincerely hope that no one reading this forum will turn out like that guy, and anyone who does should give up poker immediately and seek professional help.
Is there an 800 number for that????1-800-BETS-OFFNo.. that's not it....1-800-JERK-OFFThats it!

So, he did get you on tilt afterall! I mean you are still thinking about it a day later. And when you see him again online, it will always be in the back of your mind.Looks like it worked.

Yeah, can we get a screen name. That way we can look for him and taunt him back for you. Also, the original poster was right. $100 at $1/$2 NL is nothing. I lost $650 last night within 2 hours (most was horrendous beats, but I think I was tilting a little towards the end) before I finally got it together and within the next 3 hours I had won $100 for the session. Very proud of myself for not just tilting off my whole roll after how it started.If this guy were taunting me, it would actually make me play better. I'd be more patient and disciplined and just wait for one opportunity to stack him.EDIT:Instead of "the original poster", I meant "yeffy" was right about "losing $100 at NL. It's nothing if you play a good aggressive game.

It was 1/2 limit 6max, not nolimit. $100 is a big but not super-huge loss -- I've won/lost more than 50 bb's in a single session before, and when I wasn't drunk.Game was on UB, but I won't post the screen names. I don't know how it compares to other sites, but it seems like every (holdem) table I sit down at there's some loser criticizing everyone and talking bollocks. This was the worst incident by far, though. And for the record, he didn't get me on tilt!! I was drunk and playing badly anyway. The only effect was to get me to hit him with an emasculating series of insults. And I got some perverse enjoyment from the fact that, even though I'm the one who lost $100, he was the one who was pissed by the end.

This was online? I presumed that this was in a live game considering how much it troubled you….why not just turn off the chat? I see this happen live, and when it does, it is definitely an issue that need attention, but online….?

It was 1/2 limit 6max, not nolimit. $100 is a big but not super-huge loss -- I've won/lost more than 50 bb's in a single session before, and when I wasn't drunk.Game was on UB, but I won't post the screen names. I don't know how it compares to other sites, but it seems like every (holdem) table I sit down at there's some loser criticizing everyone and talking bollocks. This was the worst incident by far, though. And for the record, he didn't get me on tilt!! I was drunk and playing badly anyway. The only effect was to get me to hit him with an emasculating series of insults. And I got some perverse enjoyment from the fact that, even though I'm the one who lost $100, he was the one who was pissed by the end.
I don't get it- I thought he was insulting you, but now it turs out you are just as bad for reacting and being insulting right back. I vote just a really weak way to cry about bad beats, which in my mind is equally pathetic.
And for the record, he didn't get me on tilt!! I was drunk and playing badly anyway. The only effect was to get me to hit him with an emasculating series of insults. And I got some perverse enjoyment from the fact that, even though I'm the one who lost $100, he was the one who was pissed by the end.
Then why are you stil talking about it? you may have been drunk "then", but your still pissed "now". It shows you just can't let go, and tilt easy. He had you and you just can't admit it, Hide behind being drunk and go to your first AA meeting.

This got off topic from the reason i posted it, but that's my fault so I'll say what I was really thinking.Basically, anyone who plays 1/2 online is doing it for enjoyment, and someone who taunts a player who is losing trying to put them on tilt (successfully or not) is detracting from that. This behavior is reprehensible, and anyone who engages in it should think seriously about his actions and his reasons for playing poker in the first place. [And quite possibly, seek professional help :-)] The reason this incident bothered me so much is perhaps that this guy was being an ******* because he thought it was +ev [lol, i still find some kind of black humour in this]. In other words, he was so wrapped up in the poker game that he forgot to be a human being first. And maybe I'm the same way sometimes to a certain extent, maybe a lot of the people on this forum are too. But don't mind me too much, I was a philosophy major, so that explains alot.God Bless,John

This got off topic from the reason i posted it, but that's my fault so I'll say what I was really thinking.Basically, anyone who plays 1/2 online is doing it for enjoyment, and someone who taunts a player who is losing trying to put them on tilt (successfully or not) is detracting from that. This behavior is reprehensible, and anyone who engages in it should think seriously about his actions and his reasons for playing poker in the first place. [And quite possibly, seek professional help :-)] The reason this incident bothered me so much is perhaps that this guy was being an ******* because he thought it was +ev [lol, i still find some kind of black humour in this]. In other words, he was so wrapped up in the poker game that he forgot to be a human being first. And maybe I'm the same way sometimes to a certain extent, maybe a lot of the people on this forum are too. But don't mind me too much, I was a philosophy major, so that explains alot.God Bless,John
Or perhaps, since you were playing wasted, you making ridiculously idiotic plays that deserved relentless taunting. You seemed to be losing, so your play was probably quite poor. I would have pointed out your moronicness as well. Oh Ya, It seems he put you on tilt for several days if you still thinkin about it. haha.

I almost feel guilty now, almost :club: I admit to taunting 2 people at 1/2 limit last night, but it was at fulltilt, I'm not your villian. This is very unlike me. I'm not usually mean spirited. I understand that tapping the glass is foolhardy. Heck, normally I'm just thrilled to be at a table with anyone playing worse than myself. In both cases though the "bad player" was the one who was consistently ranking on the play at everyone ay the table while they themselves were atrocious. Both had VP$IP's over 90%. 90% !!!!!!! They deserved it :D One lost over $150 and the other $100. Good times

your pathetic. go see a therapist. if this would get into your head and make you cringe like a school girl and assume the fetal position under your desk i would do it to you too. don't be such a little bitch.
This post is just what I was talking about. What does this contribute? By the way, in response to Finztotheleft, I think that if someone is slagging off other people, then it is fair game to do it back to them.
This post is just what I was talking about. What does this contribute? By the way, in response to Finztotheleft, I think that if someone is slagging off other people, then it is fair game to do it back to them.
fuck you. one of the reasons your story is so pathetic is that you say it didn't bother you yet two days later your still posting threads about it on a poker forum. personally i disable the avatars and the chat on every client i use, and maybe if your fucking fragile enough that this type of stuff effects you, you should do the same. what a pussy....
fuck you. one of the reasons your story is so pathetic is that you say it didn't bother you yet two days later your still posting threads about it on a poker forum. personally i disable the avatars and the chat on every client i use, and maybe if your fucking fragile enough that this type of stuff effects you, you should do the same. what a pussy....
and you disable the chat and avatars why?seems like avoiding situations would make you more of a *****.though your obvious inability to interact with people might make that a good move.