The Dangers Of Internet Gambling

I had the craziest thing happen to me today.I had some time to fill downtown and I was in front of an internet cafe, so I decided to play. So I'm playing micro stakes for about 10 minutes when the guy at the next computer over starts trying to tell me what to do in the game. I tell him thanks but to please leave me alone. He starts going on and on, so I ignore him and I'm playing. Finally, I tell him bluntly to leave me alone and I'm starely blankly at the screen again.It could not have been more than a minute later, but I'm shocked out of play. The guy has punched me in the face. No joke. I'm in shock and I grab onto him and pull him around so my back is to the computer and I'm pulling him away from the desk. As I bring him in front of me I drive a punch that lands on his nose and mouth. He starts bleeding. By now, some people are trying to break it up and my main concern is not having this guy bleed on me. I say to the cafe owner to call the cops and he hesitates and does. At first he says "good, call the cops." But within two minutes he is staying how he has to leave and basically runs out of there. The cafe owner tries to stop him and I find out the guy has been there for nearly 24 hours and owes $70. I wait for the cops and tell them what happened, but cop says there's nothing much he can do. The one thing I remember is that as he was talking to me, he was instant messenging and his email address on his screen was jerry@ and then it was something like tht.com or tjt.com . He was also on myspace.com. I don't really care, but it would be funny to find this guy online. Also, I'm steering clear of internet cafes from now on.The strangest part is that once I told him to leave me alone, I just assumed he wouldn't do anything inside a shop. I totally ignored him. I can be direct but try to de-escalate situations like this. In retrospect, I should have just switched computers or told him he was the man.

thats a sweet story man, keep up the good work with the face punching -> bleeding. wtf would he hit you first though? lol.. what a donk.. nh

The guy obviously had issues, I dont think you did anything wrong.
i agree, you were simply defending yourself rightfully, and happened to get the upper hand

It's official... that extra line for a description is the greatest thing to ever happen to FCP."I got punched in the face today"! Nobody has ever uttered that phrase without every single person within earshot turning towards the storyteller. ****ing beautiful, nice work.

Was he giving you good advice in the game, or was he a total donk? Just curious.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I had headphones on and then he would say something like "sooted" and "pooter" and then I would take the headphones off and say thanks, but I'm ok. After that, the conversation was merely all the playground gems of:him: oh, you're a big man huh.me: just leave me alone.him: you want to go outside tough guy?me: actually, no I don't. It looks like you have nothing to lose and I can't say the same. Be quiet and leave me alone.him: jigga jigga slim shady, bleep bleep, censored censored.me: fine, lets go outside.him: ....me: ok, just leave me alone.him: last word!me: okhim: last word!me: stfuhim: last word!me: ...me: *assumes our debate is over, eyes glaze, heart and breathing rate slow, head gets punched.Then before his Carl Lewis exit:me: You better not bleed on me. I wonder if this is how Pamela Anderson got hep C?him: Man the police are definitely going to believe my alien invasion story. Whoops, I left the oven on, I have to go.And he does. As I waited for the cops, I honesty thought he was going to come back with a gun or some rusty pepsi cans. I was looking around for human shields. 15 minute police response time, "not much we can do" speech and I'm waiting down the street looking around for crazy Jerry and his cracked out poker advice and sucker punches.

i used to go to EB after school to play crazy taxi on dreamcast (hey dreamcast is awsome) and there was a guy there we called GOLEF because he talked in an asian accent and used to tell us which direction to drive in lol "GOLEF GOLEF"