aderall

My girlfriend has been diagnosied with ADD and the doctor gave her a perscription of Aderall 20 mil.I am not a big fan of these types of drugs, however if they can help her I will support her.A couple month ago this topic had come up on the board and there were a couple other recommendations other then Aderall, I believe one of them started with the letter M.I tried doing a search and it never seems to work for me.I hope someone can help me.ThanksMaxima

My girlfriend has been diagnosied with ADD and the doctor gave her a perscription of Aderall 20 mil.I am not a big fan of these types of drugs, however if they can help her I will support her.A couple month ago this topic had come up on the board and there were a couple other recommendations other then Aderall, I believe one of them started with the letter M.I tried doing a search and it never seems to work for me.I hope someone can help me.ThanksMaxima
A-hem (clears throat).LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR!!! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE MED ADVICE FOR SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT FROM A POKER FORUM??????

A.D.D. huh? That sounds sexy. does she wander off when you are going down on her?Get bored while going down on you? (nevermind, most girls do that)If she gets sidetracked easily, you could switch between oral, vag, and anal so she doesn't get bored on ya. Keep her off the meds.Just a little help from Dr. Mexico.On a serious note, I would search a number of medical websites and forums (if they exist) so you don't stumble across info supplied by the drug companies.

A-hem (clears throat).LISTEN TO THE DOCTOR!!! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE MED ADVICE FOR SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT FROM A POKER FORUM??????
he does make a valid point

Like I said I don't like or trust these drugs, or even belive in ADD. However my girlfriend feels that it will help her with certain things in her life.I am not asking for medical advice how to take them, just the name of a couple of alternatives. One of them was mentioned on this fourm. I want to do some research on these things and find ones that don't give her the heebe jeebes if you know what I mean.Maxima

Actually there is a doctor that advocates abstaining from the meds and a quick google will find numerous links to the guy. He recommends a healthy diet approach. By the way, what does she look like 8)
You mean Tom Cruise?
It does have strong sexual side effects, it's likely she will no longer be able to orgasm... not that she didn't already have that problem.
What does he care- as long as he can still have an orgasm. Female orgasms are overrated anyway.
1) Its a real disease (chemical imbalance)2) Aderall is the most widely used and accepted drug for Adult ADD3) Do what the doctor says and dont deviate from it4) She will be much less irritable and less succeptable to to depression once the drug takes effect (becuase she will have better focus and will tend to not to get as frustrated as you are used to seeing)GL
he does make a valid point
See....there is good advice here !

I think you are referring to Modafinil (also called Provigil) that was discussed on here. People were discussing it's use to increase alertness for poker. This medication is used for narcolepsy, not ADD.I encourage you to do your research.......both on ADD and how to keep a relationship. You would do well to not share your "I don't believe in ADD" philosophy with your girlfriend. How would you feel if you had impotence problems and instead of supporting your decision (to consult with an MD, get a diagnosis, and some medication to help) your girlfriend recommended you just try harder. You think that would be successful ? Or do you think that would add to your stress ?

It does have strong sexual side effects, it's likely she will no longer be able to orgasm... not that she didn't already have that problem.
What does he care- as long as he can still have an orgasm. Female orgasms are overrated anyway.
i thought the female orgasm was just a myth?

For all the kids out there, don't ever take any kind of opiate, from morphine and oxycontin to simple painkillers such as hydrocodone(vicodin). Aside from the stigma, there is not much difference between OC/morphine and heroin.Alternatives to adderall include stratera, concerta, old school ritalin, and a number of other drugs and generic drugs in the same class that you can find on a website such as drugs.com or rxlist.com.You should stick with what the doctor prescribed, even though I've known girls that have needed to take 30mg of adderal for ADD/ADHD and they hated it because it just cracked them out too much. BTW, the doctor usually starts with the lowest dose, which is the 10mg time release capsule, so if your girlfriend thinks the 20s are too strong then she can ask the doctor to step down her dose to the 10s.

This got me thinking about something. My ex had extreme adult ADD and was constantly losing her keys everywhere, along with everything else. I bought a set of tapes at a bookstore to help her deal with the problem, and I thought the tapes would be good since she coudn't keep focused enought to read anything. A few years later while cleaning the garage I found them, "unopened", lol...Dang if she didn't lose them before she even listened to them?! :?

1) Its a real disease (chemical imbalance)2) Aderall is the most widely used and accepted drug for Adult ADD3) Do what the doctor says and dont deviate from it4) She will be much less irritable and less succeptable to to depression once the drug takes effect (becuase she will have better focus and will tend to not to get as frustrated as you are used to seeing)GL
ummm except depression is a fairly common side effect of this adderall crap. I have ADHD, took adderall as well as other medications and felt very depressed. I decided if I cant handle my problems on my own im just gonna have to live with them. There is no reason to put this shit in your body very little is known about the long term effects of these medications. I really feel the risk outweighs the reward here, afterall this stuff is basically speed