fannnnnnntastic night

I usually just read the threads around here...lurk mostly, but i had to post my night. I deposited 20 into my bodog account just to play a 20+2 heads up while i was in class tonite. So i won that, played a few more and before i knew it i was up to 100. Sooooo i took 50 to a .5/1 NL hold em table and after about 2 hours or so i was up to 150. (Biggest hand was trip Js vs 2 pair)...I know I'll get flammed for this next part of my night... i took my 200 to the 5/10 PL omaha table. I watched for about 15 mintues before i decided to sit down and the play was horrendous. I said f-ck it and sat down... a few hands in i get my money in with the nut flush vs a guy who had 4 pairs on the turn and didnt boat. PHEWWWWWW :club: My last hand of the nite came when i had flopped top 2 pair, bet the pot (105) and was quickly called. Turn gave me the boat and i led out again and bet the pot which put me all in for about 280 he QUICKLY called... turns over the nut flush DRAW... boggled my mind. Either way i left the table up to 795 and cashed it out..... 20 dollars to 800 in about 5 hours... best rush i've ever had.... sorry just had to gloat since im a poor college student :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a day like this when i was in college. i was still pretty inexperienced, playing 2-4 and 3-6. id normally win 1 or 2 hundred, lose 1 or 2 hundred. all of a sudden one day i was 4 tabling 3-6 and i had a huge rush, and won $1000 in one day. i was like floating on air, i'll never forget it. then, because i was still a pretty bad player, i lost most of it in the next few days. thankfully i then learned how to play, and hav been crushing the 2-4, 3-6 and 5-10 ever since.

Thanks... The thing is i knew it wasnt a SMART bank roll decision, but thought i was playing well and the table was soft enough to just push when i had good hands
I disagree. Sometimes if it won't hurt you terribly to lose the money, I think the reward vs. the risk is great enough to take an occassional shot.

2.15.06$100 NLHE HUstart: 1:38amprofit: $45.75end: 1:55am$100 NLHE HUstart: 1:29amprofit: $81end: 1:35am2.14.06 $633.31 about 1 hr 35min$100 NLHE HUstart: 9:48pmprofit: $579.55end: 10:11pm$100 NLHE HUstart: 9:20pmprofit: $82.06end: 9:40pm$50 NLHE HUstart: 9:18pmprofit: $22.90end: 9:20pm$50 NLHE HUstart: 9:11pmprofit: $23.80end: 9:15pm$50 NLHE HUstart: 8:53pmprofit: -$75end: 9:16pmnice run OP...I'm having an amazing week. that bolded section helped a lot.- Jordan

Thanks... The thing is i knew it wasnt a SMART bank roll decision, but thought i was playing well and the table was soft enough to just push when i had good hands
I disagree. Sometimes if it won't hurt you terribly to lose the money, I think the reward vs. the risk is great enough to take an occassional shot.
i disagree. losing $20 is of course no big deal, and taking small shots are fine. taking $200 of a small bankroll to a 5/10 PLO table is not smart though. this is poker, in your mind there should be no such thing as "being on a roll." it's all one big game, and short-run good or bad luck is all in your head.i say that because the OP is playing as a source of income. if you view poker as recreational, or a gamble, as opposed to a source of income, the above is not important.flame flame flamemost importantly, good job for cashing out, and congrats on the win
i got 3rd in a short handed SnG last nightyea, it was a pretty good night for me too
I drank beer and saw a girl I havn't seen since college last night. Turns out we have the same birthday too. That was a pretty good night for me.
I drank beer and saw a girl I havn't seen since college last night. Turns out we have the same birthday too. That was a pretty good night for me.
And???? Shake if you blew it I can never forgive you, unless you drink more beer.

Oh, nothing came of it last night, didn't want to get too involved since I had to be at work this morning. But me and my buddy got digits and should be getting up with them this weekend.Anyways, she wasn't really that cute, not like thats ever been much of a stipulation for me though.

Oh, nothing came of it last night, didn't want to get too involved since I had to be at work this morning. But me and my buddy got digits and should be getting up with them this weekend.Anyways, she wasn't really that cute, not like thats ever been much of a stipulation for me though.
Haha, still probably better than my night. Took a girl out for a nice $70 dinner (nice for a college kid) and got shut down. She doesn't shave her bush though so I wasn't too disappointed.