poker in the olympics

Poker is a game...not a sport. :roll:
Says who?
Anyone with half a brain.Sport = Physical activity.Get it ?
NascarPWNED!!
This doesn't prove that poker is a sport, but rather it makes me think that NASCAR isn't.
Nascar is considered a sport believe it or not and it require no physical activity just like poker so I proved that gentleman wrong. Thank you and goodbye.
I am not a nascar fan, i find it more fun to watch grass grow but, there is physical activity in nascar, and you do have to be in good shape to compete. But I still don't think that is a sport either.
I feel the same way about Nascar but how good a shape do you have to be to sit your ass down in a car?
Have you ever seen the tiny ass seats they have to sit in? No seriously they need to be in good shape just to make it through the race, it is incredibly taxing on the body to be in a 100 degree car dressed in a leather jump suit for 4 hours.I miss spoke above, I think you have to have be physically fit just to make it through the race
Poker is a game...not a sport. :roll:
Says who?
Anyone with half a brain.Sport = Physical activity.Get it ?
NascarPWNED!!
This doesn't prove that poker is a sport, but rather it makes me think that NASCAR isn't.
Nascar is considered a sport believe it or not and it require no physical activity just like poker so I proved that gentleman wrong. Thank you and goodbye.
I am not a nascar fan, i find it more fun to watch grass grow but, there is physical activity in nascar, and you do have to be in good shape to compete. But I still don't think that is a sport either.
I feel the same way about Nascar but how good a shape do you have to be to sit your ass down in a car?
Have you ever seen the tiny ass seats they have to sit in? No seriously they need to be in good shape just to make it through the race, it is incredibly taxing on the body to be in a 100 degree car dressed in a leather jump suit for 4 hours.I miss spoke above, I think you have to have be physically fit just to make it through the race
Thats not true but you have to MENTALY tough to get through a poker tournament.

Any activity that can theoretically be won by an 75 year old lady hooked up to an oxygen tank should never be in the olympics. Just picture them wheeling someone who looks like granny from the beverly hillbillies hooked to an oxygen tank with a p iss bag hanging by her side onto the podium to recieve a gold medal. Poker would instantly be turned into a worlwide laughing stock and would never live it down.

sport ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)n. 1) a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. b. A particular form of this activity. 2)An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively. 3) An active pastime; recreation. Suppose it depends on your definition. That being said, no.Would it be a series of Sit'n'Go's? One two table or three table Sit'n'Go with the world's best players? How do you determine the world's best? Is it a cash game structure? If it was cash games, how many hands do you think they'd play to determine the medals? What types of games would they play? Straight 5 card draw? Hold 'em? Omaha? Stud? Would they play any lowball games? Or would it just be one big tournament with the 3 best poker players from every country participating? Do you think it'd be an accurate representation of their skill with no money involved? So, no.

First of all how would you make the olympics does Joe Hachem Chris Money Maker or Raymer get to play because they won the main event?(not saying that they are good or bad players by anymeans but do they deserve to play)Does DN play for the U.S or Canada?Although some people may have an advantage there is more luck in poker then the majority of sports? How do you doqualifiers?Im a poker player but it dont belong in the olympics and top pros arent gonna play a say 5 day tourney to win a peice ofmedal on a string it doesnt carry the samevalue i feel as it does in other sportsJust my thoughts

First of all how would you make the olympics does Joe Hachem Chris Money Maker or Raymer get to play because they won the main event?(not saying that they are good or bad players by anymeans but do they deserve to play)Does DN play for the U.S or Canada?Although some people may have an advantage there is more luck in poker then the majority of sports? How do you doqualifiers?Im a poker player but it dont belong in the olympics and top pros arent gonna play a say 5 day tourney to win a peice ofmedal on a string it doesnt carry the samevalue i feel as it does in other sportsJust my thoughts

curling rules. couldn't stand it before i got drunk and played with a bunch of buddies one night, but i think its okay to say that anybody who has tried curling before would agree that its a ton of fun and alot harder then it looks.