andy beal = destroyed

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not hating on Beal, but I don't admire or respect him for his banking or poker accomplishments.  I just don't get where you get off spouting about people on this forum with little to no accomplishments (Let alone poker).  This is the Internet,not everyone is an ego maniac who has to post his resume.  My point is that it takes a certain amount of arrogance to walk in and challenge the best at any profession for the money he did.  And another thing, I don't give a damn how many BBs he lost.  Poker is measured in Wins and Losses, not excuses.  He lost 3 million dollars.  He is a billionaire, but 3 million dollars is still 3 million dollars to anyone.  Let'snot forget these are the same people rejoicing over DNs $755,000 win. Sometimes it's not all about the money,but in poker it is.
Your a donk and I have never flamed anyone on FCP before. Your lack of intellect makes me feel sorry for your parents. Please do the world a favor and get fixed. You are a jealous little man with probably nothing to live for so just end it. Nobody will miss you. Re-read your post and see why you are a moron. Thank you and take care of yourself.
czar, i may not have been as harsh as this dude was, but the plain fact is that there are many points in your post that make it seem as though you're not very bright. if u'd like i will point each one out to you.
how many times have people had a bad streak and said "Im done with poker for good"? I know I have done it a few times. But once that bankroll gets up there, Im banging in at the tables again. Andy Beal Is an interesing guy. I mean what is his purpose for playing poker when he is known not to be that good of a player anyway? Just to rake in millions? If that is the case, I am sure his investments do that faster than a 5 day trip to vegas ever could. He is a BILLIONAIRE........these trips to vegas are like a vacation for him. He def isnt tying to get into the poker scene as a professional, especially from the way the corporation says he plays. He is said to be one big donkey.
I dunno about that. The fact that he was supposed to be in the National Heads Up Championship this year is kind of interesting. I wonder how much that seat cost him!
Wheeler Just as Michael Jordan announced his retirement from the NBA then resurfaced, Andy Beal boarded a plane from Dallas, Texas on Saturday evening and returned to Las Vegas to again face off against The Corporation. Last week, in an official statement provided by the Public Relations Department of Beal Banks, it was stated, “Andy Beal will not be participating in the 2006 NBC National Heads-Up Poker Championship and he’s done with poker for good.”NBC confirmed that Beal had declined his invitation to the NHPC while in Las Vegas during last week’s match against The Corporation. However, a credible source informed Card Player on Saturday at 6 p.m. PST that Beal was on a plane to Las Vegas to continue the high-stakes-limit-hold’em-heads-up matches that have peaked the interest of poker enthusiasts and become media fodder over the past several years.So much for Beal’s “official” five-day retirement from poker that ended only moments before Monday’s Super Bowl. It might be that he wishes to protect his privacy, or he could have released the statement in order to garner more press. Either way, we’re glad to see him back.Todd Brunson had this to say, "Yesterday everyone was asking me if Andy would ever be back after saying he was done with poker. We didn't have to wait long. Andy is in Vegas and Jen will play him tomorrow followed by myself on Monday. Wish us luck.”It appears the banker made famous in Michael Craig’s book The Professor, The Banker and the Suicide King will single handedly challenge the professional poker players who aggregate their money and match it against his in another spirited game of limit Texas hold’em. David is again ready to do battle with the Goliaths of poker and he’s developed a fan base that rivals that of the actual celebrity professionals he faces on the felt. Beal fans everywhere may again revel in the news that Andy Beal is back to “Wynn” and returning to play "the richest poker game of all time."
I'm not hating on Beal, but I don't admire or respect him for his banking or poker accomplishments. I just don't get where you get off spouting about people on this forum with little to no accomplishments (Let alone poker). This is the Internet,not everyone is an ego maniac who has to post his resume. My point is that it takes a certain amount of arrogance to walk in and challenge the best at any profession for the money he did. And another thing, I don't give a damn how many BBs he lost. Poker is measured in Wins and Losses, not excuses. He lost 3 million dollars. He is a billionaire, but 3 million dollars is still 3 million dollars to anyone. Let'snot forget these are the same people rejoicing over DNs $755,000 win. Sometimes it's not all about the money,but in poker it is.
Your a donk and I have never flamed anyone on FCP before. Your lack of intellect makes me feel sorry for your parents. Please do the world a favor and get fixed. You are a jealous little man with probably nothing to live for so just end it. Nobody will miss you. Re-read your post and see why you are a moron. Thank you and take care of yourself.
czar, i may not have been as harsh as this dude was, but the plain fact is that there are many points in your post that make it seem as though you're not very bright. if u'd like i will point each one out to you.
Okay. Maybe if I used a screen name of a pro, I'd be smarter.
Sadly, Silky, I am not the expert on ball sack living that you are. Clealy, you are the Martha Stewart of ball sacks (and ball sack-related lifestyle items). I was only visiting for the purpose of posting, but, rest assured, I do appreciate a long-term owner of a ball sack villa telling that I need to go with "full shade" plants, rather than full sun.On your exceptionally well-phrased argument... My admiration of Beal has nothing to do with his being rich, but rather how he got that way. By all accounts, he's exceptionally bright and driven. While we're all delighted that you are a champion of the common man, your reverse classism is both stupid and offensive. Disliking someone for being successful (which you clearly do) is just as ridiculous and illogical as liking someone just because they're wealthy.There are many "working joes" who are more admirable than many rich people. There are also many that are unambitious morons who made poor life choices. It's what you make of your life with the talents you have that defines your success. By this definition, Andy Beal is pretty worthy of respect and admiration, while my slacker friend with the 150 IQ who works as a bartender because it lets him sleep in really doesn't merit the same respect. If you can't see the difference, then I guess that tells us all we need know about you.
Well for one thing I never said that I hate beal for any reason let alone for being rich, sure the guy is bright and driven and that is an admirable quality in a person, but don't forget that hitler was too and I'm not exactly a part of his fanclub.And I do not dislike someone for being successful I just don't as I said earlier "hang on their nutsack" for being successful I like to acccomplish my own things as opposed to living through other peoples endeavours as you clearly like to do, so that is why Beal does'nt mean anything to me, as clearly you are his number one fan. But good luck with that And in response to your slacker buddy to each his own my friend, just because the majority of society measures success with how big there bank account is does not mean that many other poeople do not have other ideas of success or for that matter happiness. So if you want to attack motives in overall society then please go ahead but it seems to me that you are a prime example of whats wrong with a lot of the western culture.
This is quite possibly the most ironic thread in FCP history.Let's see.1. Beal is now back playing poker2. He has won back what he lost on the first trip3. He is now up over 3 million dollarsThe OP got pwned
That's not irony.Irony is the unemployment office laying off workers because unempoyment is down.
Well for one thing I never said that I hate beal for any reason let alone for being rich, sure the guy is bright and driven and that is an admirable quality in a person, but don't forget that hitler was too and I'm not exactly a part of his fanclub.And I do not dislike someone for being successful I just don't as I said earlier "hang on their nutsack" for being successful I like to acccomplish my own things as opposed to living through other peoples endeavours as you clearly like to do, so that is why Beal does'nt mean anything to me, as clearly you are his number one fan.  But good luck with that  And in response to your slacker buddy to each his own my friend, just because the majority of society measures success with how big there bank account is does not mean that many other poeople do not have other ideas of success or for that matter happiness.   So if you want to attack motives in overall society then please go ahead but it seems to me that you are a prime example of whats wrong with a lot of the western culture.
I'm going to go out on limb and say that you are likely not a person who has to worry about being judged on the size of your bank account. And eschewing the admiration/respect of a person based on the fact that Hitler was, according to you, a "smart" and "driven" person is just the sort of high-level rhetorical argument that I have come to love and admire from the bulk of posters on this forum.As for your apparent disdain of Western culture... Please, go live overseas for a bit. Western culture has many problems, as you point out, oh sage of cultural criticism, but it's the best thing out there by such a degree that there isn't even a second place. Not knowing this only reveals you as a person of ignorance, not a person of principle.I continue to wait, with bated breath, for that Randian day when all the ambitious and driven people decide to pack it up and leave you "go with the flow, don't-judge-me-by-your-standards" groovemeisters to grow your food and create your own jobs.As you said, "But good luck with that."
This is quite possibly the most ironic thread in FCP history.Let's see.1. Beal is now back playing poker2. He has won back what he lost on the first trip3. He is now up over 3 million dollarsThe OP got pwned
That's not irony.Irony is the unemployment office laying off workers because unempoyment is down.
:club:
Well for one thing I never said that I hate beal for any reason let alone for being rich, sure the guy is bright and driven and that is an admirable quality in a person, but don't forget that hitler was too and I'm not exactly a part of his fanclub.And I do not dislike someone for being successful I just don't as I said earlier "hang on their nutsack" for being successful I like to acccomplish my own things as opposed to living through other peoples endeavours as you clearly like to do, so that is why Beal does'nt mean anything to me, as clearly you are his number one fan. But good luck with that And in response to your slacker buddy to each his own my friend, just because the majority of society measures success with how big there bank account is does not mean that many other poeople do not have other ideas of success or for that matter happiness. So if you want to attack motives in overall society then please go ahead but it seems to me that you are a prime example of whats wrong with a lot of the western culture.
I'm going to go out on limb and say that you are likely not a person who has to worry about being judged on the size of your bank account. And eschewing the admiration/respect of a person based on the fact that Hitler was, according to you, a "smart" and "driven" person is just the sort of high-level rhetorical argument that I have come to love and admire from the bulk of posters on this forum.As for your apparent disdain of Western culture... Please, go live overseas for a bit. Western culture has many problems, as you point out, oh sage of cultural criticism, but it's the best thing out there by such a degree that there isn't even a second place. Not knowing this only reveals you as a person of ignorance, not a person of principle.I continue to wait, with bated breath, for that Randian day when all the ambitious and driven people decide to pack it up and leave you "go with the flow, don't-judge-me-by-your-standards" groovemeisters to grow your food and create your own jobs.As you said, "But good luck with that."
I guess all us doctors should just go away we are not needed.........lol ...........what is it that you do oh mighty one?
wow, never expected to see an Atlas Shrugged reference on this forum. Well, maybe from Smash, but he's probably way above quoting other writers...

If you're a doctor, then I weep for educational system in this country and the state of medical schools in general. You're a doctor like I'm an NFL free safety.Honestly, though, I don't care what you do, nor should you care what I do for a living. The question is are you doing what you do to the best of your ability and are you maximizing your potential? My reaction had nothing to do with anyone's being rich (I'm certainly not, though, fortunately, I'm better off than many). It had to do with your attitude that seemed to disqualify Beal from being an admirable figure just because he had money. My experience is that most people who take that attitude are not very successful professionally (and thus are resentful of those who are). Maybe you are living some fabulous Christian Troy-like life, or reattaching limbs on orphans, or some such thing. But let's just say I doubt it. People who are secure with themselves don't begrudge others their success. They can also write above a high school level -- even in an informal setting such as this.

Frankly, I hope he is done. Some censored walks in with a ton of money and challenges players who have made a living at the game. If I were the corporation, I would take it as a late Christmas Gift. Beal learned a lesson, stick to what you know.
FYP; and the fact that I had to explains why you'll probably be a long term loser at this game
Wow, so much for the smack talk from the pros. Looks like Andy handed it to them. I know the corp was over the last matches but Andy has to be in the plus big time now.
I think it stands at +$7 million for Andy in these recent matches. (-3 +10)If the Corporation was smart, they'd quit now. Not only does that keep them from losing more money (always a possibility), but it also will attract a bunch of rich guys who think they can beat the pros too. Although I've never seen Bill Gates play HU LHE, I'm reasonably sure there aren't too many Andy Beal's in the uber rich world.So, playing Andy again _could_ be viewed as potentially a lose/lose situation. Either he continues to take their money, or they win again and scare off some potential dead money.Patrick
Wow, so much for the smack talk from the pros. Looks like Andy handed it to them. I know the corp was over the last matches but Andy has to be in the plus big time now.
I think it stands at +$7 million for Andy in these recent matches. (-3 +10)If the Corporation was smart, they'd quit now. Not only does that keep them from losing more money (always a possibility), but it also will attract a bunch of rich guys who think they can beat the pros too. Although I've never seen Bill Gates play HU LHE, I'm reasonably sure there aren't too many Andy Beal's in the uber rich world.So, playing Andy again _could_ be viewed as potentially a lose/lose situation. Either he continues to take their money, or they win again and scare off some potential dead money.Patrick
I find it amusing you call him dead money, when you just stated that he is up 7 million dollars against the Corp.Doesn't sound like dead money to me.