grand tournament

Who's in this week?Very exhausted right now, had to buy in twice to win the ticket. These satellites are grueling.My first GT so I'd just like to survive day one. Is it two days this time?Good luck to whoevers in.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tournament should be fun, but I think the early levels are going to be so boring. My biggest problem I have is that I get bored easily and stop paying attention to the players at the table. Live tourney is much easier for me.Since this is a fairly big tournament, I'd hate to donk off my chips and regret it later. Staying focus will be key, do yall keep notes on everyone at your table after a few orbits? Do you find that notes early on a certain player lead to making a better decision later on whether you can steal from them or not? I 've noticed that only about 1/3 of the people really change gears. The tricky ones play a totally different game in the latter stages on tourneys. My notes on these people change quite a bit. Anyone experience similar?

well, I was going to buy-in directly, but I decided to try two satellites at most, siince pokerroom is retarded, all they had was SnG satellites running, 5 satellites later and no entry, not so sure I am gonna buy in anymore, it depends what my mood is tomorrow.

Do you find that notes early on a certain player lead to making a better decision later on whether you can steal from them or not?  I 've noticed that only about 1/3 of the people really change gears.  The tricky ones play a totally different game in the latter stages on tourneys.  My notes on these people change quite a bit.  Anyone experience similar?
thats one of the things that are keeping me from playing tournaments on PokerRoom Skins, they don't offer PokerTracker Stats for any of their tournaments.It's such a hassle to try and keep track of other players with your own personal notes. Where most of the time it isn't very accurate to begin with. I hate it, but what other choice do you have?
Do you find that notes early on a certain player lead to making a better decision later on whether you can steal from them or not?  I 've noticed that only about 1/3 of the people really change gears.  The tricky ones play a totally different game in the latter stages on tourneys.  My notes on these people change quite a bit.  Anyone experience similar?
thats one of the things that are keeping me from playing tournaments on PokerRoom Skins, they don't offer PokerTracker Stats for any of their tournaments.It's such a hassle to try and keep track of other players with your own personal notes. Where most of the time it isn't very accurate to begin with. I hate it, but what other choice do you have?
Agree 100%. It's a hassle and that's where I think experienced players have an edge over an average player. The notes they have on a certain player is usually pretty accurate. I don't take notes on players usually cause I've noticed that good players will bet there draws on one hand and check it the next hand. Only real predicatble easy players keep their playing style the same.However, a friend of mine has notes on the whole table after a couple rounds and it's usually pretty good information. I don't know how he does it. He can see what kind of player that person is very quickly. That's part of my game that I need to work on most is reading betting patterns of players and think on a higher level to see if they have changed gears. Advice anyone? And what are the things to look into?

WOO F*CKIN HOO. I had 50 bux on PR, played those 14+1 sngs, down to my final 15 bux and my last sub-qualifier, I manage to win in the tourney, play the 110+9, and win my seat into the GT... hopefuly I'll refrain from donking like I did last time.unfortunately for me, its now 7 am here in LA..tourney starts at 12. need good sleep.

I am in as well. Last time I misclicked my way out of this thing. This time I bought straight in, so if I do it again, this might be the last anyone hears from me. :)Good luck everyone!

I am in as well. Last time I misclicked my way out of this thing. This time I bought straight in, so if I do it again, this might be the last anyone hears from me. :)Good luck everyone!
Nice. I had to do the same. Lost couple satellites and got fed up.Not playing to well right now. Need to catch cards to win, I envy those who don't need cards to win.Good luck!
well, I was going to buy-in directly, but I decided to try two satellites at most, siince pokerroom is retarded, all they had was SnG satellites running, 5 satellites later and no entry, not so sure I am gonna buy in anymore, it depends what my mood is tomorrow.
pokerroom is also offering 2 stage mtt sattelites first stage: 11+1 second stage 100+8, thats how i qualified.