i don't like daniel

Being a winning poker causes you to have an ego.Just how it is. When day in and day out you are competing with other people who want to take your $ you have to believe you are way better then them and the best player in the room.Not liking DN is fine, I just find it hard to believe that people take time out of their day to post on his own website bashing him. I mean if i'm a Yankee fan am I gonna jump on a Red Sox forum and start bashing the red sox?Also how can you put down lance armstrong. Guy raises millions for cancer...some pompous *******, I mean if he only mentioned how great his wife was in the book a few more times he'd be a better person, come on.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

playing devils advocate here so dont crucify me, but how much money did Lance Armstrong raise BEFORE he had cancer, same with Chris Reeve, how much awareness and research did he bring up BEFORE he was parylzed

playing devils advocate here so dont crucify me, but how much money did Lance Armstrong raise BEFORE he had cancer, same with Chris Reeve, how much awareness and research did he bring up BEFORE he was parylzed
I don't think many people knew of Lance Armstrong before he had cancer.I may be wrong, though. I'm only 19.

Using steriods to give yourself cancer....as well as an unfair advantage over your more sportsmanlike opponents. Then beating said cancer and continuing to ride a bicycle for a living. This is the pinnacle of business savvy.

I don't think many people knew of Lance Armstrong before he had cancer.I may be wrong, though. I'm only 19.
what I was getting at is that lance armstrong probably dident give 2 craps about cancer until he got it, but i dont know thats just an assumption
what I was getting at is that lance armstrong probably dident give 2 craps about cancer until he got it, but i dont know thats just an assumption
So? Do you give two craps about herpes? I'm sure you will if you get it...
Heh. That's funny. Wait, no it's not. I care about herpes.I mean, it's not because I have it oranything, I just care. It's really inconvienent and embarrassing. I mean, that's what I hear.
exactly my point, if I got something like herpes then made a big deal about it just because I got it that would be hypocriticali love you custom.... :boohoo:

that im a fan of DN, but i will say there are other players that i like better. what i really appreciate about DN is how much he gives back to the rest of "us" [e.g. small time dabblers in poker like myself] with this forum, his strategy posts, discussion and blog. no other ultra high stakes player interacts with the general poker community the way he does. sure there are some excellent posters on 2+2 who give a good perspective and post alot, but he is on another level than the best regualar posters on that forum.what i dislike about DN is his (now this is from a complete stranger's perspective; i only know his blog, his posts here and on 2+2, and his TV appearances) is his artificiality. he is a total self-promoter (i mean, have you seen this protege contest?) and sometimes comes off as a total phony. how vegas of him. i read in his blog entry that he cried during the movie Coach Carter. seriously. i watched that movie and laughed my ass of the whole time, i couldnt believe anyone could take that drivel seriously, but then i read DN's blog..... even when he writes about his christianity, it seems like hes just into it so he can add it to his public image. isnt ones religion supposed to be a serious part of ones life, a thing of deep contemplation? but he wears it like a badge, like hes part of some clique. ok im done. DN is the [phony] man.

Heh. That's funny. Wait, no it's not. I care about herpes.I mean, it's not because I have it oranything, I just care. It's really inconvienent and embarrassing. I mean, that's what I hear.
Yeah, but now they have great commercials about it on tv all the time. That's fun to explain to the kids.....
I haven't read this thread, but I just wanted to say that I don't like Daniel either. I prefer Alec. He was on Thomas the Tank Engine ya know.
LOL......Let's see how many posters here get that reference !
Baldwins, heh... I have a 2 year old; Alec and George Carlin are the only thing that makes that crap watchable...Does anyone else think its funny that the OP is 36 and looking for a role model?...
I haven't read this thread, but I just wanted to say that I don't like Daniel either. I prefer Alec. He was on Thomas the Tank Engine ya know.
LOL......Let's see how many posters here get that reference !
Baldwins, heh... I have a 2 year old; Alec and George Carlin are the only thing that makes that crap watchable...Does anyone else think its funny that the OP is 36 and looking for a role model?...
Hah!nh.
I have no problem with the OP statements. While I disagree with the majority of his statements, there may be a little truth to some of the arguments. This is Daniel's forum, but it is also a forum (A public meeting place for open discussion), so don't just call the OP an ass, make a counter argument. My argument would be aside from those of us who have actually met him, we don't know him. So we don't really know how he is. I like his poker skills and he seems nice and I appreciate all his insight, but at the end of the day, I don't really know him.
You make a good point. I just wanted to expound on what you were saying. Let's not forget that Daniel has said he is all about having fun at the table and making it fun for everyone there (so they leave broke with a smile on their face). Also, we're dealing with a TV show !!! It has to have some sort of entertainment value. Would you really want to watch a table full of montone nerdy people like Forrest and Greenstein? OR would you rather have some personality at the table, like DN, Mikey and Phil?
Now that I've got your attention ....I've been thinking a lot lately about DN and whether or not I am a "fan" of his. Watching the GSN show this week really solidified my doubts about him that were originally raised with his boastful tossing of chips in a game at Wynn's 2 or 3 months ago.How much skill does it take to walk into a 50/100 game and raise it up to 10k every hand. In the GSN show his back to back all ins... "I have bottom pair, make it 1 Meeelion" [Dr Evil would be proud] .. may have set up future moves, but didn't show much skill or finesse.I really don't like his table manners or his playing style. Honestly, I think is style is catching up with him. It's arrogant, reckless and much like the fish online it catches up with you. Yup, $4M in one year is good, and every donkey online wins a few hands, but in the end they go broke and I fear that's where DN could be headed.So I am not a fan of DN's play, I wouldn't and don't try to pattern myself after him. Watching how Ted Forrest and Barry Greenstein played in the GSN show makes them far more suitable role models. Now I know DN isn't trying to be a role model, he's just being his gregarious outgoing self, but it's just not working for me - it's a turn off.Shut up and play, Daniel. You know how to, stop tossing around chips like you're Daddy Warbucks, there's a finite pile in the back room, they don't last forever.Okay, I'm rambling... not really making a cohesive argument. In the end I don't like Daniel's play or his attitude, but I do like his blog, I find it an entertaining "lifestyle" read and think his life would make a fun reality show. But my Poker Idol he is not.Thanks...01.28.70
Blow me
19/01/1961 So take that and Happy B/D to me :-)
Damn....Here I thought I was the FCP Grandfather 7/18/1967 :twisted:
naw.... i'm an ole fart :oops:
Step aside kiddies....11/24/47
5-18-60phew
Grandpa, you are alive!!!!!!!!! And I thought we lost you.
I knew of Lance Armstong after he had cancer, but I did not know he had cancer until after I had heard of him. Interesting when you think about it.
So what was it like before there was 50 states? ..you know, when savages ruled the frontier, and colonials were taking pot shots at the British in the name of freedom? And that whole electricity thing, woo..nuts.Just joshin' ya, sir.