i don't like daniel

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy birthday in nine days
Your avatar makes me think Jim Rome is saying these things. Makes your posts a lot more interesting.I just wanted to post my birthday.12/25/1986
lol...What is up, thanks for tuning in. We have a great show for you today but first here is what I'm burning on.Good call on the birthday, I think that was the OP's intent.

Everyone is welcome to his or it's own opinion....you made a few points,He is not trying to be a role model to anyone. Poker players for the most part are self centered and addicted to gambling...what kind of role model would that make to a school kid!!He is playing poker for his living....does he care who hates him..I would assume not...soooooooooooBOO YA09/17/1966

This is truly baffling to me.  He makes two very hefty raises and you don't like his style? I'm sure he doesn't vary his style depending on his opponents. Probably be a bit silly to change gears or change up your game a bit when you're playing against the best in the world--who have seen you play many times before.As for you not liking his style, and it not talking "finesse or skill". Who the censored ever said NLHE was about finesse? It's about picking the correct times to batter the opponent over the head with a stick. Do you think Doyle made his money by finessing people in NLHE? Come on.  And don't accuse people of being fanboys or drinking Kool Aid because they see something you can't. The guy is succesful. He's one of many people who makes a good deal of money playing poker. Look at his stats--HE POSTS HIS RESULTS ON THE WEBSITE. He's ahead in tournaments, he's ahead in cash games--what more do you want?The fact you made an account, after lurking for a year, simply to post this is quite puzzling to me. I'd think if I was that disinterested or disenchanted with the site's proprietor, I would probably just stop lurking.  I dunno, maybe it's a bit of common sense that just doesn't allow me to see what your aim was here.
Great point DMSince when is poker about being nice? Isn't the object of the game to take all of the other guys money? Didn't Doyle raise 1million with ak preflop? Dude- If you sit down at a poker table and expect people to play nice, you are insane. So DN and Doyle were willing to buy in heavier then the others, and therfore used there stacks to their advantage. Don't you think that Ted Forrest could have bought in for more? Look- you don't have to like DN. I don't know him at all, so who knows if he is a good guy or not. But did you watch the same episode I did? He outplayed the table that night. Yeah he caught cards, but he picked off bluffs, bullied people who were weak, played inspired poker. I wish he could be as courageous and confident as he is at the table. I challange you to name one time you have seen him play poorly. The WSOP main event this year? He played exceptionally well even though he went out in the first day.His overall record of success including last year is all the proof you need to know that he is among the best poker players in the world. I know I am ranting- but it is baffaling why people think that because it is on TV players should act in a certain manner. That was real money people, and if I was sitting there I could care less about my image and would care a lot about the money in the middle. If his style bothered you, well that is really off ponit, isn't it?
19/01/1961 So  take that and Happy B/D to me  :-)
Sorry buddy, there are only 12 months.
day/month/year thats how its done in canada, you americans cant count?? :wink:
day/month/year thats how its done in canada, you americans cant count?? :wink:
I just like to make fun of Canada. :club:
Damn....Here I thought I was the FCP Grandfather 7/18/1967 :twisted:
Sorry, pal. In some countries, like Canada, the first digit is the day of the month, followed by the month and the year. The clue to this is that he implied that today (19th of January - 19/01) is his birthday.
Now that I've got your attention ....I've been thinking a lot lately about DN and whether or not I am a "fan" of his.  Watching the GSN show this week really solidified my doubts about him that were originally raised with his boastful tossing of chips in a game at Wynn's 2 or 3 months ago.How much skill does it take to walk into a 50/100 game and raise it up to 10k every hand.  In the GSN show his back to back all ins... "I have bottom pair, make it 1 Meeelion" [Dr Evil would be proud] .. may have set up future moves, but didn't show much skill or finesse.I really don't like his table manners or his playing style.  Honestly, I think is style is catching up with him.  It's arrogant, reckless and much like the fish online it catches up with you.  Yup, $4M in one year is good, and every donkey online wins a few hands, but in the end they go broke and I fear that's where DN could be headed.So I am not a fan of DN's play, I wouldn't and don't try to pattern myself after him.  Watching how Ted Forrest and Barry Greenstein played in the GSN show makes them far more suitable role models.  Now I know DN isn't trying to be a role model, he's just being his gregarious outgoing self, but it's just not working for me - it's a turn off.Shut up and play, Daniel.  You know how to, stop tossing around chips like you're Daddy Warbucks, there's a finite pile in the back room, they don't last forever.Okay, I'm rambling... not really making a cohesive argument.  In the end I don't like Daniel's play or his attitude, but I do like his blog, I find it an entertaining "lifestyle" read and think his life would make a fun reality show.  But my Poker Idol he is not.Thanks...01.28.70
Then
Dont
niceway to pad your post count......keep up the good work
Sorry buddy, there are only 12 months.(sw)
Sorry, pal. In some countries, like Canada, the first digit is the day of the month, followed by the month and the year. The clue to this is that he implied that today (19th of January - 19/01) is his birthday.
:doh:FMP just for you! :club:
Now that I've got your attention ....I've been thinking a lot lately about DN and whether or not I am a "fan" of his.  Watching the GSN show this week really solidified my doubts about him that were originally raised with his boastful tossing of chips in a game at Wynn's 2 or 3 months ago.How much skill does it take to walk into a 50/100 game and raise it up to 10k every hand.  In the GSN show his back to back all ins... "I have bottom pair, make it 1 Meeelion" [Dr Evil would be proud] .. may have set up future moves, but didn't show much skill or finesse.I really don't like his table manners or his playing style.  Honestly, I think is style is catching up with him.  It's arrogant, reckless and much like the fish online it catches up with you.  Yup, $4M in one year is good, and every donkey online wins a few hands, but in the end they go broke and I fear that's where DN could be headed.So I am not a fan of DN's play, I wouldn't and don't try to pattern myself after him.  Watching how Ted Forrest and Barry Greenstein played in the GSN show makes them far more suitable role models.  Now I know DN isn't trying to be a role model, he's just being his gregarious outgoing self, but it's just not working for me - it's a turn off.Shut up and play, Daniel.  You know how to, stop tossing around chips like you're Daddy Warbucks, there's a finite pile in the back room, they don't last forever.Okay, I'm rambling... not really making a cohesive argument.  In the end I don't like Daniel's play or his attitude, but I do like his blog, I find it an entertaining "lifestyle" read and think his life would make a fun reality show.  But my Poker Idol he is not.Thanks...01.28.70
Dude, if you think Daniel is arrogant and reckless in his play, you don't know how to play power poker. DN is amazing and you SHOULD use him as your role model.oh, I almost forgot.... 1-24-85
for all the 'tards' that find DN annoying, over the top etc.  You take a look at any top sports/business person in their field.  It's a pretty fine line between brilliant and censored.  They tend to know they are very good at what they do and therefore appear censored.    I think I can speak for EVERYONE on here.  Given half the chance, we would like to be in DN's shoes.I would (well apart from being being Canadian :wink: ).!!
Joe MontanaWayne GretzkyJerry RiceBarry SandersJack NicklausPoker Examples:Doyle BrunsonTed ForrestPhil IveyJohnny ChanI like DN, but he comes off as aloof at best sometimes.

It was the very start of the game. He wanted to take control of the table so he can get paid off on his good hands later. He was playing smart, not stupid.So do you not like Bruson either, since he practically invented buying in for a crap load more chips than everyone and then pushing people around? I mean, Brunson also went in for $500,000 in like a $12,000 pot.1/9/81