question for daniel

Daniel, I am a big fan, but some things that have been said consern me....You had said in an earlier journal entry you were a Christian but I read in another journal entry about you drinking so much you couldn't drive home and you slept in your car. Well I am sure since you annouced you were a Christian that you believe in the bible and what it has to say. Take these verses for instance: Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.Galations 5: 19-21To me, that is biblical proof that drinking is wrong. Not to mention that in 2 Cor. 6:17 it says "Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you." :D Emily[/i]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel' date=' I am a big fan, but some things that have been said consern me....You had said in an earlier journal entry you were a Christian but I read in another journal entry about you drinking so much you couldn't drive home and you slept in your car. Well I am sure since you annouced you were a Christian that you believe in the bible and what it has to say. Take these verses for instance:[i'] Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.Galations 5: 19-21To me, that is biblical proof that drinking is wrong. Not to mention that in 2 Cor. 6:17 it says "Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you." :D Emily[/i]ummm.....what?? is that there some kinda book learnin???????

The bible says a lot of things. Doesn't mean you have to take it all literal and follow to a T. According to the bible, everything is bad. I don't even want to get into this, because I'm far far from religious, but this whole post is kind of pointless. Nobody wants a religious argument, it would never end.

lol this'll be an interesting post.Where's suited up when I need him
Guess I showed up just in time. :)I went easy on it... cause I don't want to ruffle too many feathers on this subject... but I could, lol.
Daniel, I am a big fan, but some things that have been said consern me....You had said in an earlier journal entry you were a Christian but I read in another journal entry about you drinking so much you couldn't drive home and you slept in your car. Well I am sure since you annouced you were a Christian that you believe in the bible and what it has to say. Take these verses for instance: Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.Galations 5: 19-21To me, that is biblical proof that drinking is wrong. Not to mention that in 2 Cor. 6:17 it says "Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you." :D Emily[/i]
doesn't the bible also say 'thou shalt not judge?" SINNER!

didn't Jesus Christ die on the cross for our sins? If someone believes in god and prays to him and asks for forgiveness for his/her sins, don't they still get into heaven? If not it's pretty much pointless to believe in god.

Didn't he turn water into wine.... and don't you all drink wine at church???On that note.... I think if they had JagerBombs at church, I might actually go! You with me Danny? lol.

Come on guys, I hardly think that you all should be finding any way possible to critisize this person's question. She's just curious on Daniel's take of the situation, there isn't any need to start to mock her.And as for the people who are beginning to bring up mentions of wine in the Bible, I think everyone can agree that there is a significant difference in having a mere glass of wine and "drinking so much you couldn't drive home and you slept in your car."That's pretty much all I have to say. Continue criticisms if you wish.

One....the bible was inspired by God and it was written to show us how we should live our lives and yes you should follow it. The Bible also says that you will be judged by your fruits and in the fruits of the flesh "drunkenness" and like the bible says "those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. " Yes, people make mistakes and can ask for forgiveness and go to Heaven, but to me, it didn't sound like he[Daniel] felt like he was doing anything that he would need to ask forgiveness for when he stayed up drinking all nightnow to the wine in the bible...like I have said in a previous post. The wine in the bible was new wine meaning unfermented. :D Emily

this is why we shouldn't have let women learn how to read
Eddie... not a smart thing to say.The term "christian" has always perplexed me. I was raised Catholic. We reinact the last supper. What was there? Wine and bread. Seems like drinking is pretty darn Christian to me.

Beaujolais Nouveau is new wine. It is fermented. Trust me, I have gotten pretty tipsy on it. http://www.intowine.com/beaujolais2.htmlFunny how new gets interpreted as unfermented. Wine is wine. The rest is just grape juice.Oh and for those people who want to drink a red wine but think they are all too heavy or oaky, try Beaujolais Nouveau. Make sure it says Nouveau, not Villegas. You will probably have to wait until next Novemember or December to buy any. Beaujolais Nouveau is very light and fruity without being sweet. You can have it with light or heavy foods. It is really good. Thanks David Rosengarten for turning me on to my favorite wine.

Drinking so much that you can't drive home can also mean 3 glasses of wine at which point your not throwing up and peeing yourself but the law still says you can't drive home :PIf getting drunk is the worst thing a person ever does in his life, then he'll be at the top of the get into heaven list...lolThe bible is a great book, there is a page to backup anyones view on anything in there.

One....the bible was inspired by God and it was written to show us how we should live our lives and yes you should follow it. The Bible also says that you will be judged by your fruits and in the fruits of the flesh "drunkenness" and like the bible says "those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. " Yes, people make mistakes and can ask for forgiveness and go to Heaven, but to me, it didn't sound like he[Daniel] felt like he was doing anything that he would need to ask forgiveness for when he stayed up drinking all nightnow to the wine in the bible...like I have said in a previous post. The wine in the bible was new wine meaning unfermented. :D Emily
Things like these remind me of why i have fallen away from being religious so much. People who follow the bible like this and use it as a crutch for any situation just perplex me. Believe me, in no way am i against religion, but i find that following the bible so thoroughly isn't the correct way to go. The bible was written thousands of years ago and it cant be taken so literally. just my .02$
Wow. "Let he who is without sin..." Can we read your blog and interrogate you on your latest imperfections? What does The Bible say about gambling anyway? Or perhaps being judgemental?Nikki

if my memory serves me well. fresh water was allmost non-existant in biblical times. beer was the fresh water of the times. i also believe that alcohol free wine was invented a few hundred years ago by some calvinist . some one may be lying to you?addition: theresa113 the nouvea in beaujolais is more equal to young in english...since it is the youngness of the grapes and fermentati0n that define a beaujolais.

Emily,I have no problem with the bible or your wanting to "save" Daniel. But don't you think it would've been better to send him a private message instead?"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven." Mathew 6:1