• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

"...And believe it or not this is where the problem with Spotify starts. The internet is full of stories from artists detailing just how little they receive from Spotify. I shan’t repeat them here. They are epic. Spotify does not exist in a vacuum. The reason they can get away with paying so little to artists is because the alternative is The ‘Net where people have already purchased all the gear they need to loot those songs for free. Now while something like Spotify may be a solution for how to compensate artists fairly in the future, it is not a fair system now. As long as the consumer makes the unethical choice to support the looters, Spotify will not have to compensate artists fairly. There is simply no market pressure. Yet Spotify’s CEO is the 10th richest man in the UK music industry ahead of all but one artist on his service."Note: "The 'Net" is a fictional neighborhood in an analogy he was using.

I had to stop reading when he started acting like there was some way possible to purchase music for 20 cents a song ten years ago. his ~$2.5k should have been more like $20k if not more.

but it would be completely impossible to get the music "legally" by giving only that money to the artist so it's a moot point. the point is, music is pretty expensive for you to buy. it doesn't matter what percentage goes to whom, but that the gross amount you would have to pay (especially during the period he mentioned with buyin cd's) is what matters and it's a lot more. and the higher that number is, the easier it is to ignore morals and steal the music. that's what he disn't acknowledge.

Another thing he doesn't acknowledge is that if you want music in a specific format that isn't crippled with DRM, often your only choice is to pirate it.But clearly it isn't worth it to pirate once you consider that you are definitely causing artists to shoot themselves in their freaking hearts, EMILY WHITE.edit: also this

Another thing he doesn't acknowledge is that if you want music in a specific format that isn't crippled with DRM, often your only choice is to pirate it.
That's not true, you could buy cd's, where you'd have the most faithful representation of the original master available and would get the ability to transfer to any format or resolution.
That's not true, you could buy cd's, where you'd have the most faithful representation of the original master available and would get the ability to transfer to any format or resolution.
This is obviously true. My statement only refers to downloads.Superjon, I think that bitrate is pretty high regardless of whether you are using the vorbis (standard) or mp3 option.

Fiona Apple, so very good. Has anyone seen her live? I'm thinking about scalping a ticket...Last weekend I saw Fitz and the Tantrums with Ben Harper. BH brought Natalie Maines out, and she sang a really fantastic cover of Pink Floyd's "Mother." I'm thinking the Dixie Chicks broke up (if you don't officially break up, but stop releasing albums, is there a difference?)Natalie! C'mon! Release an album.

and now frank ocean from ofwgkta is gay. up is down! right is left! cats and dogs living together!

holy jumping jackrabbit ballsacks this twin shadow stuff is pretty great. strat I'm sure you've probably listened to him a lot huh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wish anthony gonzalez would just continually make music. like a new album every day. it's just so good.so anyways, I remember a long time ago in here people were talking about fuck buttons when tarot sport came out, saying how awesome it was. well I downloaded it then and from what I remember, I freaking hated it. not sure why, and I think their name had something to do with it (look how edgy we are!), but it just didn't sit with me. fast forward to yesterday, I see where danny boyle used several of their songs (I keep saying they as if it's a band, could just be one guy, I don't know) in the opening ceremony so it sparked my interest to listen again. so what the fucking fuck was wrong with me the first time? this shit is gnar as diamond encrusted ballsacks. so now I like danny boyle even more. good guy that danny boyle.

• 3 weeks later...

who is kexp? his parents must have been real idiots. but which twin shadow? the new one? it is really good. think I'll play it right now on my new speakers as a matter of fact.wtf is owl city