what music are you guys listening to?

What's a proper reward for going above-and-beyond like that? Not just doing your boss's job, but saving him from utter embarrassment by leading him into the breakroom and telling convincing everyone he has food poisoning? I'm taking suggestions.
Buy him a hooker?
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I've had "Optimistic" stuck in my head all day. I've been walking around my house singing "big fish eat the little ones... big fish eat the little ones" for the last 12 hours, and I think my roommates think I've finally snapped.

So I've been drinking tonight and now I'm listening to Tilly and the Wall. This shit has me like giddy. I haven't had more than 2 beers in like 6 weeks and my tolerance is shot, so after 7 beers I'm smiling like a god damn idiot, listening to it. Does that make me a faggot? I know this thread will attract Wang, Dutch, and Sal who I surmise to be experts on faggotry.

So I've been drinking tonight and now I'm listening to Tilly and the Wall. This shit has me like giddy. I haven't had more than 2 beers in like 6 weeks and my tolerance is shot, so after 7 beers I'm smiling like a god damn idiot, listening to it. Does that make me a faggot? I know this thread will attract Wang, Dutch, and Sal who I surmise to be experts on faggotry.
The nature of your drinking habits, I would argue, makes you a faggot (respectfully). Based on your statement, I can reasonably conclude that you've had one or two beers a few times in the last six weeks, but cut yourself off at that point, which is pure faggotry. The fact that seven beers has you bombed isn't and indicator sexual orientation, but rather another symptom of some greater, homosexual ill.Except for an accidental slip up at a wedding -- seriously accidental, as in I told her to bring me non-alcoholic and she got me a pint of Miller Lite -- I haven't had anything to drink in coming up on 2 years. Now, one might think that makes me a homo, but unfortunately it does not. Before I stopped drinking entirely, I drank more than anyone. When I stopped drinking, I didn't fuck around. I took a hard line. Your "one beer yum, two beer yum, three beer ICK" attitude is the problem.Faggot.Wang
The nature of your drinking habits, I would argue, makes you a faggot (respectfully). Based on your statement, I can reasonably conclude that you've had one or two beers a few times in the last six weeks, but cut yourself off at that point, which is pure faggotry. The fact that seven beers has you bombed isn't and indicator sexual orientation, but rather another symptom of some greater, homosexual ill.Except for an accidental slip up at a wedding -- seriously accidental, as in I told her to bring me non-alcoholic and she got me a pint of Miller Lite -- I haven't had anything to drink in coming up on 2 years. Now, one might think that makes me a homo, but unfortunately it does not. Before I stopped drinking entirely, I drank more than anyone. When I stopped drinking, I didn't fuck around. I took a hard line. Your "one beer yum, two beer yum, three beer ICK" attitude is the problem.Faggot.Wang
Haha. First of all- thanks for the prompt and thorough response Mr. Wang. Now, a quick sober defense of myself. Ahem.The reason I haven't gotten drunk in that time period is that I moved in with my dad in order to help him out with some stuff (not because I'm a loser, though it certainly feels that way sitting in a basement bedroom, eating wheat thins and playing $50/100 LHE where the average pot is the size of the monthly mortgage payment), so I am stuck in a house with a 46 year old, a 14 year old, and a 12 year old- none of whom drink. There isn't a person within 5 years of my age for probably 10 miles around, and exactly one bar who's owner knows that I am but 20 years of age. The only beers I have had have come with dinner a couple times a week, and since I didn't want to get drunk alone (maybe faggoty in and of itself) I cut it off there. In a week or two when I move back out to an apartment, my drinking habits will return in full force as the 3rd beer is certainly not ICK-y to me. The 7 beers I had, while not getting me "bombed" did hit me surprisingly hard, and in combination with the Tilly and the Wall had me feeling quite silly (faggot word, I know). With all that said, I respect your decision, and unless Dutch and Sal vote No, I will accept your ruling as supreme arbiter of faggotry and adopt the label.The defense rests.

both nights this weekend I was thoroughly buzzed off of my very first beer, and I spent the majority of yesterday in the bathroom trying not to vomit from the hangover. also, it turns out that it wasn't just a hangover and now I have some version of the flu. from drinking.so in conclusion, no, you are not a faggot, I am. I am king faggot, all hail.

Yesssssss. I have a shot. The problem is that the disappointment is going to be so much more acute when Dutch rips my dreams apart, now. False hope FTL.

Just got done with a shuffle:M.I.A.- 20 DollarBroken Social Scene- Capture the FlagThe Black Keys- Strange TimesThe National- Fake EmpireVampire Weekend- M79Jeff Buckley- Lilac WineThe Rolling Stones- Shake Your HipsNick Drake- The Thoughts of Mary JaneTed Leo and the Pharmacists- Hidden SongI'm From Barcelona- This BoyFour Tet- Spirit FingersBloc Party- Positive TensionWolf Parade- Modern WorldThe Dismemberment Plan- 8.5 MinutesHieroglyphics- At the HelmThe Flaming Lips- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt 1The Decemberists- The Crane Wife 3

Weezer's Pinkerton is underrated.
what the hell? were you in my car this afternoon? (I very much enjoy pinkerton)wang: lg made a picture in the thread and you were involved. I feel you should see it.

what is taking back sunday? I saw it in a browse yesterday and picked it up because it sounded familiar, and I needed something new, but is it going to make me vomit when I listen to it?also, does anybody here listen to any harder type music? never really heard of anything mentioned but figured I'd ask as I could use some new stuff. not as far as like pantera level, but something a little more masculine that say, bon iver. you know.

what is taking back sunday? I saw it in a browse yesterday and picked it up because it sounded familiar, and I needed something new, but is it going to make me vomit when I listen to it?also, does anybody here listen to any harder type music? never really heard of anything mentioned but figured I'd ask as I could use some new stuff. not as far as like pantera level, but something a little more masculine that say, bon iver. you know.
unless you morphed into a 13 year old girl overnight, yes it's going to make you vomit.there is still a part of me that enjoys heavier rock music from time to time. i downloaded the newest deftones record a while ago, and you know, they still sound pretty much the same as they did in 1995, i.e. pretty sweet.

so yesterday was the perfect autumn day - sunny, cold, crisp. great for wearing sweaters, walking the dog in the woods, and listening to albumn. but i had to work, so i was looking forward to today (i don't have a dog, but the rest i was totally up for). i woke up and it is many degrees below freezing, with ice everywhere. welcome to winter, autumn was one day long. super. welcome to life in the mountains. when are going to make a winter cd? since it's going to be probably 6 months or so, maybe we should make it a double-disk spectacular.

i woke up and it is many degrees below freezing, with ice everywhere. welcome to winter, autumn was one day long. super. welcome to life in the mountains. when are going to make a winter cd? since it's going to be probably 6 months or so, maybe we should make it a double-disk spectacular.
80 and sunny here today. still listening to reggae, bra.

forum was gone...too long. i fell off the horse guys.just been cold listenin to dmb and young joc for the past couple days straight.not really of course. mostly assorted jazz and ravi shankar. also lots of manu chao.

Kid Cudi is The best thing in Hip hop in a LONNNNNNNG time. Here are a few tracks for you.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD2EWLKcNU&...feature=related Man on the Moonhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=grPfVlj7Go4&...feature=related The Prayerhttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPs3PVBtLg Day and Night(stoners anthem)http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qLG08RkhBSk freestylin to Paper Planes(MIA)He also has a free mixtape on his site to download if you wanna it.