• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

re: electro nonsense mixsounds good, but the lyrics are utterly muddled and incomprehensible. so that's good. joanna says you are gay for quoting mean girls.
i really like mean girls?thanks for listening.
you've actually seen the movie?thanks for sharing. I just remembered the name bonneville and chuckled.
haha yeah i don't know why i was excited about that. so dumb.

Finally getting around to listening to the albumn. Good job mk, obv. My three favorite tracks are probably "Time of No Reply", "Comfy in Nautica", and "Benton Harbor Blues". Time is the perfect intro song, Comfy and Benton are nice changes of pace, but still fit well within the context of the album.

been listening to:the bug-london zooatmosphere- life gives you lemonssantogold-santogoldall new acquisitions. london zoo is pretty dope. especially ON WEED.hbaked09.jpgim also curious about yalls opinions in this poll i made in politics forum. yeah i know it sounds lame, it probably will be.ninja edit: **** i linked you guys to the other link. all better now.

london zoo is pretty dope.
Yeah, I was hawking NT releases pretty strong at the beginning of the year, but somehow missed this one 'til the PF review, so I was embarrassed to only post the Best New Music records I was listening to, but this one is pretty trill. It's so...massive.

With a sky blue skyThis rotten timeWouldn’t seem so bad to me nowOh, I didn’t dieI should be satisfiedI survivedThat's good enough for nowFuck I love Wilco.

There are times when I think Summerteeth is my favorite record. I'm wrong, but I'm not that wrong.
they are such a good live band, which, i suppose, means they are a really good band, period, but i feel like they've never been able to capture how good they are live in the studio. i never really want to sit down and listen to a wilco album. maybe it's just me.
they are such a good live band, which, i suppose, means they are a really good band, period, but i feel like they've never been able to capture how good they are live in the studio. i never really want to sit down and listen to a wilco album. maybe it's just me.
This shocks me a little. They've recorded two of my 10 favorite albums. One of the two or three acts closest to bringing me to tears. I'm disappointed in you.
This shocks me a little. They've recorded two of my 10 favorite albums. One of the two or three acts closest to bringing me to tears. I'm disappointed in you.
like i said, it's probably just me. being from chicago and hearing musically retarded hipster fgts rave about them endlessly probably doesn't help. i gave being there and summerteeth countless chances in college, and my reaction was always "jesus, that was unmemorable." then people started spilling ejaculate on my face while describing yankee hotel foxtrot, i noticed that jim o'rourke mixed it so i gave that a shot too. but listening to jeff tweedy sing so stupidly lazily and out of tune on i am trying to break your heart made me angry enough that i didn't listen to it again for at least a year. would it KILL you to do another take? or you just think it sounds "indie" to sing poorly? i do like a few songs on that one now though.

I can still listen to Wilco pretty much whenever and enjoy it thoroughly. I will find myself at different junctures craving Being There, Summerteeth, or YHF, and still listen to each at least once a month or so. If I had to make a list, they'd probably be in my top 10

I've been enjoying the latest modest mouse, "we were dead before the ship even sank." I think its nice.I don't have a lot of experience with wilco, just summerteeth, and while I think it's really good, I don't know if its as groundbreaking as some say. I read something somewhere that said they were america's radiohead. don't know about aaaaaall that.

I read something somewhere that said they were america's radiohead. don't know about aaaaaall that.
precisely the kind of ridiculousness that makes me less than a fan. and i know how lame it is to not like bands based on the fact that other people REALLY LIKE them. i hate people who do this. i hate...myself. sigh
precisely the kind of ridiculousness that makes me less than a fan. and i know how lame it is to not like bands based on the fact that other people REALLY LIKE them. i hate people who do this. i hate...myself. sigh
This is why you are KingSmug. You try to compensate by talking about how much you like Third-Eye Blind and shit like that, but we see right through you. One of my weird great-uncles is always claiming he's really into music, and asking me to recommend bands and shit, so I made him a copy of Albumn. He called me gushing about it earlier today, and said if he had a voice, he would have put "That's the Way" by Led Zeppelin on the CD. Apparently my super-weird great uncle is sweeter than I thought. He was at The Who show where Keith Moon drove the Cadillac/Lincoln into the pool (Flint "Rock City" Michigan), and told me he really wants me to make him more CDs. He really liked the My Morning Jacket song. He mentioned another one specifically, but I can't remember. Probably because I am always focused on how absolutely strange he is.