happy ending to the "classless" story

I posted this on the original thread, but I wanted to update the information a bit.  After I sent the email to Fish Street poker about the dirty move one of their employees put on me (see original thread "classless play leads to loss of a big pot"), they responded by apologizing prefusely, as well as telling me that they have put the employee on a permanent warning, and only allow him to deal once a week at their room.The sweetest part of the email, is that they offered to stake me in one of their tournaments, as a sign of good will. That said, I worked out the details with the manager, and will be playing a $120 MTT NLHE freezeout tomorrow on a complete freeroll!  After the incident happened, I was second guessing myself, thinking that I should have been more pushy and made more of a stink at the time. It turns out, they said they respected the way in which I went about it, and that was part of the reason for them making their decision.  The tournaments usually have about 40 players, and the top 3 pay out. Hopefully, I'll update this tomorrow night with some good news and a richer bankroll!Wish me luck, but most of all, wish me focus LOL
Excellent work. I'm also glad to hear that the card room appreciated the way you responded. It sounds as though they are trying to make an effort to keep their players happy.(I still think that you should never tip the guy though when at his table)

To the OP, congrats and a good job backing up your story with the card room.If you happen to run into the mutant pig fart that pulled the stunt on you, and you happen to kick him right smack in the ball sack with steel toe cowboy boots, and then you happen to get charged with assault, let me know and I will hook you up with a poker playing attorney friend of mine from the city who will represent you for a retainer of 33 cents.GL in the tourney.

that's huge bro! Congrats on that. That story really pissed me off when I read it and I'm glad some good came out of it. True karma at work right there...congrats again.

I posted this on the original thread, but I wanted to update the information a bit. After I sent the email to Fish Street poker about the dirty move one of their employees put on me (see original thread "classless play leads to loss of a big pot"), they responded by apologizing prefusely, as well as telling me that they have put the employee on a permanent warning, and only allow him to deal once a week at their room.The sweetest part of the email, is that they offered to stake me in one of their tournaments, as a sign of good will. That said, I worked out the details with the manager, and will be playing a $120 MTT NLHE freezeout tomorrow on a complete freeroll! After the incident happened, I was second guessing myself, thinking that I should have been more pushy and made more of a stink at the time. It turns out, they said they respected the way in which I went about it, and that was part of the reason for them making their decision. The tournaments usually have about 40 players, and the top 3 pay out. Hopefully, I'll update this tomorrow night with some good news and a richer bankroll!Wish me luck, but most of all, wish me focus LOL
Nowhere in this post did I find the words asian, massage, parlor or tug job.False advertising goddammit

I just read the orginal thread. If I had been the card room manager, I would have fired him on the spot. That's shit bag move to begin with, and to have it be an EMPLOYEE of that place of business to do it? I would have fired him, and banned him from the card room. Un real.

When I still worked in restaurants, I had a prep cook from Mexico, who spoke absolutely no English. He could, however, manage to sing every damn song on her album, word for word.I'd walk into work EVERY morning, to hear "WHY'D YA HAVE TO GO AND MAKE THINGS SO COMPLICATED?" at a decibel level similar to that of a tornado landing on your roof.Apparently, he had checked it out from the Des Moines Public Library to help himself learn English.
Lmao.. hilarious. This could be the solution for Illegal Immigration.
Dude, and the thing is..I started thinking about it. Taxpayer money went in to buying Avril Fucking Lavigne? Are you kidding me? Nope, sure enough. They even had a little "Indexed at DMPL" sticker on it. ..but they can't afford to pay teachers enough in this state.
AND SHE"S CANADIAN!!! WHAT IS YOUR COUNTRY COMING TO?

Can you PM me where this club is? I live in NY and used to go to EV a lot before they got shut down and then Penthouse before they closed themselves down. Now, I generally go to the Loft or Akula, but always looking of other places. How much action at this club?

Ok.. I read a few posts asking how the tournament went, so I'll give you guys the run down.It started at 5 full tables, starting with 4k in chips. during the entire first level I really didn't pick up much to play with, I stole a few blinds, but nothing big. Starting in the 3rd level I started to get a bit more aggressive and start chopping at small pots, gradually building my stack up to around 6k. I ran into a real tough hand out of the BB when I flopped two pair, I posted this in the strat section and you can read the thread here:http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...5481&highlight=After this hand, I was forced to start getting in there and gambling a bit, since this took a pretty decent chunk out of my stack. I had built my stack back to around 5k or so when I got cold decked.With blinds at 100-200 I open/raised $600 in MP with A :club: -Q :D folds around to the BB, who is on the short stack and moves in for $800, and I call, he turns over K-K and takes doubles up.A few hands later I was dealt 9:spade:-9:heart: in the SB, and called a button raise of $600. The flop came down 5-2-7 rainbow. I bet, villain calls. Turn: 2. I bet out, villain calls. River: 6. I bet out, villian calls and shows J:diamond:-J:heart:I managed to hang on for a bit longer, and with blinds at 200-400, and my stack barely 1.5k, I moved in with J:spade:-J:club: and got called by the BB who woke up with Q:diamond:- Q:spade:O well. I feel like I played well overall, with the only real mis-played hand being the one i posted in strat. Either way, it was a freeroll, so it's not like I lost anything, chalk it up to experience.