benfit by lying about your hand in the chat box?

Has anyone else successfully lied about their hand in the chat box during the hand to benefit in some way? A little while ago in a five person SNG on Paradise the following hand happened: (For some background I had been talking with PlayerX throughout the tournament, we had the same NFL team and were getting along.) It was down to three people and I had a decent but not huge chip lead. I looked down at A4 on the button and raised like 3.5x BB, small blind folds, and PlayerX calls. Flop comes down 6T6 and he bets like 1/2 the pot. I felt like he had a hand that he could be pushed off of so I raised to pretty much put him all in. He thought for a while and typed in the chat box "beat a 10?" I typed "A6" he said gh and folded, I quickly mucked without showing.

I dont know how he believes you when you tell him theres pretty much no way for him to win the hand. I think he just had nothing and folded. Theres no way he folds A10 in that situation

I didn't make that clear enough, he didn't have A10, he just had Tx. Yeah, he definitely could've been lying to me but I don't think so.

I had a similar situation today but I didnt really lie about my hand. I raised preflop with AQ and got a caller. Flop A 5 5 and i bet the pot (about half my remaining stack). The the other guy goes, "I hate laying down KK" so i say " I won't show you if you fold". The donk then proceeds to donk off all his chips and I laugh. What a terribly played hand on his part.

I lie after the hand played out every single time. seriously, online i've never told someone the truth about the hand i had if they asked, I always make it sound better than it is :club:
Thats the way to go..lie your ass off.....i like the ol "i had 2 jokers" that hurts em...

I never talk about hands online while they're going on. I really feel that it's an unfair play, and all it succeeds to do is to get other people to play their A-game against you.After the hand is over, I occasionally tell the truth. I never tell people that when I bluff, I just use whatever is better for me at the table. Working on table image is huge in cash games, just as important as in tourneys, maybe more so. I want a tight image, and I'll show you big hands a lot and rarely bluffs.

I've done some trash talking to make it seem like I'm on tilt(when I'm not of course)after a bad beat or two. If during the tirade I happen to get a monster hand going it's gotten paid very nicely. :wink:

Once on a really loose table I went into chat (I was already chattin friendly with a few players previously) and told everybody to stay clear of me cause I had a monster hand (which was true). This was on flop, I had 3 K set. Well of course no one listened to me and proceeded to reraise me. Turn comes up another K, I have 4ofaK. Again I warned people to stay clear, that I had the nuts, again they went into me. Well by end hand I cleaned up pretty well, and no one could complain causeI warned them all to stay away. :club:

aucu, that is the best avatar I've seen on here without a doubt.I was extremely happy that it worked and he folded but I'll admit I did feel kind of bad since we were having a friendly conversation. That's why I didn't show it. If it would've worked against someone I didn't like I definitely would've shown him to piss him off.

Time to knock off the funny business in this thread.On Stars at least, if you tell people your holecards during a hand, you will first get chat suspended, then you will get banned. I have been guilty of this once, a while ago, and was swiftly warned.

Are you allowed to lie about your hand on stars? Do you have to be reported because I don't see how they would monitor every chat box? You see people say what they have or lie about what they have all the time on Paradise. I think chat gets disabled on Paradise when someone is all-in but that might only be in MTT, not SNG's.

Time to knock off the funny business in this thread.On Stars at least, if you tell people your holecards during a hand, you will first get chat suspended, then you will get banned.  I have been guilty of this once, a while ago, and was swiftly warned.
35. Players, whether in the hand or not, may not discuss the hands until the action is complete. Players are obligated to protect the other players in the tournament at all times. Discussing cards discarded or hand possibilities is not allowed. A penalty may be given for discussion of hands during the play. http://www.thepokerforum.com/tdarules.htmAnd here is an old RGP thread with some familiar names talking about a hand at the WPT Bike event a few years back between Paul Phillips and Mel Judah, which turns into a discussion regarding TDA rule # 35 (and 36 and 6 to a lesser degree). http://tinyurl.com/7s7hoPatrick
I lie after the hand played out every single time.  seriously, online i've never told someone the truth about the hand i had if they asked,  I always make it sound better than it is :club:
A lot of players on line or live will truthfully state their hole cards and like to say "see I  told you"
Best. Avatar. Ever.
If you haven't, you should see the actual link where that avatar came from. :shock:
A lot of players on line or live will truthfully state their hole cards and like to say "see I  told you"
Best. Avatar. Ever.
If you haven't, you should see the actual link where that avatar came from. :shock:
I haven't seen it. Link? Note: I'm at work. Should I wait until I'm home to check it out?
Best. Avatar. Ever.
I haven't seen it. Link? Note: I'm at work. Should I wait until I'm home to check it out?
Definitely wait until you get home. That is unless you can't wait, but I do suggest waiting.http://67.18.94.22/2004/12/13/

Don't talk in the chatbox. it'll keep you from drawing attention to yourself. By talking people will pay more attention to your play. If you're playing for fun and enjoy the interaction, then go ahead. i'm just saying, strategically, it's better not to talk.

Best. Avatar. Ever.
Definitely wait until you get home. That is unless you can't wait, but I do suggest waiting.http://67.18.94.22/2004/12/13/
Thanks I'll check it out for sure.