I appreciate you taking my constructive critism like a mature adult. I know school sucks, but it will make life much easier down the road. You can still be a pro one day, but get something you can fall back on until your game and bankroll gets to where it needs to be.It sucks, but it's the truth about really needing a degree. You may be much smarter than many of your friends, but without a degree it will be hard for you to compete financially with them.One more thing....if you get a good job, you can play poker with money you don't care to lose. As you pointed out, when you're not affraid to go broke, you're a much better player.Good luck to you and I hope whatever you decide to do work out. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I just wanted to give you some advice based on my experiences.

I really dont know whats going on. Every playable hand I get I miss my cards and I make the good laydown, but end up catching runners. I keep getting outdrawn when I have top 2 pair. Every hand I don't play, I'm hitting the cards and every hand I do play I miss it badly. Just seems like nothing is going right. The thing is I'm making the right play I think, because money you don't lose is money you win. I folded pocket Q's with an Ace on the board and 2 raises, then of course the Q comes on the turn. It's just upsetting when you make the laydowns and end up not getting your big payoff. I don't know what it is, I just think I need to stop playing online or something, just seems to happen to me all the time, getting beaten by 10-4 suited. Your AK, rockets and etc become nothing when you have 5 or 6 callers calling your raise with nothing.

I agree with KK. Having been in basically the same situation as yourself minus the deans list and good grades part I think your decision would be a huge mistake, especially since your so bright. I personally have a decent I.Q. and do well in chess and poker so I know I'm not stupid but school was very hard for me, I had to work very very hard for B's, I always envied people like you who found it so easy (realitively). Do yourself a favor and get back there asap. You could study something like neurophysiology then you truely would be able to stare deep into our souls and dicern our rapid eye movements. I regret miising out on my education because I was so preoccupied with poker I hope you don't make the same mistake as me. Then again there are no mistakes in the universe so maybe you'll become the next Bill Gates but money would be on the schoolWarmest Regards, Mark Murillo

I like reading the Ruduard kipling poem IF. Says something to the eefect of " if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat thost to imposters the same then you will be a MAN my son. Keeps it all in perspective, that way I don't lose sight of all the wonderful blessings right in front of nose.

Then again there are no mistakes in the universe so maybe you'll become the next Bill Gates but money would be on the schoolWarmest Regards, Mark Murillo
Kinda funny that Bill Gates never graduated from MIT.
  • 8 months later...
Well, this particular one has been a little over a week. I've been playing full-time with a sufficiant bankroll for about 5 months. This streak has lasted almost two weeks and is testing the hell out of my patience. I used to play $1/2 but I just recently built up $1,000 and decided to move up to $2/4. Right when I get my feet wet and start raking some big pots I get in on a bad losing streak. I only have about $500 left! But I know it wont last forever...they never do. Just feels like they last longer."Time flies when you're having fun." type deal.
does no one have a probelem with this hes up 500 after 5 months meaning 100 a month or 25 a week asuuming he works 5 days a week (although he probly works 6-7) thats 5 dollers a day assume he wrks 8 hours thats63 cents an hour WTF QUIT PLAYING "FULL TIME"- GET A JOB

Board: :clubs10: :clubsj: :clubsk: "I'm all in....what's that, you call, alright, I have :clubsa: :clubsq: , what do you have..... you turn over :diamonds5: :hearts4: , ME: hahahah, man, you suck at poker, good luck to you sir

Well, this particular one has been a little over a week. I've been playing full-time with a sufficiant bankroll for about 5 months. This streak has lasted almost two weeks and is testing the hell out of my patience. I used to play $1/2 but I just recently built up $1,000 and decided to move up to $2/4. Right when I get my feet wet and start raking some big pots I get in on a bad losing streak. I only have about $500 left! But I know it wont last forever...they never do. Just feels like they last longer."Time flies when you're having fun." type deal.
does no one have a probelem with this hes up 500 after 5 months meaning 100 a month or 25 a week asuuming he works 5 days a week (although he probly works 6-7) thats 5 dollers a day assume he wrks 8 hours thats63 cents an hour WTF QUIT PLAYING "FULL TIME"- GET A JOB
Huh??? You do realize that was from LAST DECEMBER when he was BANKROLL BUILDING and that he's now beating 15/30, has moved to Vegas, and is beating the live games there? Good thing he didn't listen to any naysayers 10 months ago.

Actually, I'm glad this thread got bumped as I didn't join the forum until Feb., so I'd never seen this topic. It's nice to know that even the great wrto hit some bumps around 1/2 and 2/4! :wink:

Kinda funny that Bill Gates never graduated from MIT.
I always hate when I see something like this. (Nothing personal, dudley.)No, Bill Gates didn't finish school. Neither did the guy who pumps my gas, the guy who bags my groceries, or the guy who mows my lawn.Remember that, for every Bill Gates, there are 100,000 folks who won't make millions by dropping out of school.wrto, maybe school isn't for you. That's cool. It's not for everybody. But, to be only a few credits short of your degree and not finish? Sounds like a bad laydown to me. :club: In any case, I wish you the best of luck, with your current losing streak, and all your future winning streaks.Oh, and for the record, Bill Gates didn't graduate Harvard. Left in his junior year. Lousy, good-for-nothing dropout....
Actually, I'm glad this thread got bumped as I didn't join the forum until Feb., so I'd never seen this topic. It's nice to know that even the great wrto hit some bumps around 1/2 and 2/4! :wink:
3/6 was the worst for me and i dont know why. I was a loser for something like 10-15 thousand hands. I remember almost giving up.
i still dont have a job and i dont regret anything i ever did.ive cashed somewhere close to $8,000 this month.what a funny thread. :club: thx for the bump.
Ha! Didn't see the original date on the thread.Glad to see everything worked out. :)Now get back to school, you slacker!
3/6 was the worst for me and i dont know why. I was a loser for something like 10-15 thousand hands. I remember almost giving up.
That's good to know. I'm in the absolute shittiest run since I started playing seriously. The only thing that's keeping me sane (and that's debateable) is that I play ridiculously below my bankroll.
i still dont have a job and i dont regret anything i ever did.ive cashed somewhere close to $8,000 this month.what a funny thread. :club: thx for the bump.
lol, nice. You've come a long way in 8 months. Too bad you have to deal with J Web all the time now.
Not to be a jerk wrto, but you need to keep that job and go back to college. To lose just about your entire BR playing at those levels means you have a leak you need to fix. This sounds worse than just a streak.Also, you can't make a living playing on a $1,000 BR. Get a degree and then you'll have plenty of money to play poker with.Being a professional poker plalyer is very difficult. You need a big bankroll and tons of experience. Please, get a degree.
TERRIBLE PHILOSOPHY
lol, nice. You've come a long way in 8 months. Too bad you have to deal with J Web all the time now.
nah. hes a really cool guy and has a lot of talent.
nah. hes a really cool guy and has a lot of talent.
sorry forgot to attach the (sw), JW is the shit.
Neither did the guy who pumps my gas, the guy who bags my groceries, or the guy who mows my lawn.
The guy who mows my lawn actually does have a degree. Works both ways unfortunately. Well done to the OP.