i hate this

Guest andibear

Guest andibear

more than anything....i hate when people bet you out of a pot when someone is all in and there is no side pot. whats the point...really...it deserves a thread for me to vent about....guy goes all in short stacked two of us call and the first to act bets me out on the flop and he has 44...all in guy has 55....i woulda hit straight....seriously dont do that shit

more than anything....i hate when people bet you out of a pot when someone is all in and there is no side pot.  whats the point...really...it deserves a thread for me to vent about....guy goes all in short stacked two of us call and the first to act bets me out on the flop and he has 44...all in guy has 55....i woulda hit straight....seriously dont do that censored
srry...wont do it again.... :cry:
Guest andibear
more than anything....i hate when people bet you out of a pot when someone is all in and there is no side pot.  whats the point...really...it deserves a thread for me to vent about....guy goes all in short stacked two of us call and the first to act bets me out on the flop and he has 44...all in guy has 55....i woulda hit straight....seriously dont do that censored
was that realy you?
was that realy you?
probably not... but just wanted to cover my bases just in case...been drinkin a weeee bit
Guest andibear
Termed the "dry side pot bluff"Alot of people rip on this play, but it can be very useful and successful when used at the right time.
when can it be useful unless there is a side pot or you KNOW u got the guy beat
When getting you to fold increases my equity in the main pot.
Termed the "dry side pot bluff"Alot of people rip on this play, but it can be very useful and successful when used at the right time.
your jk right?DN SAID IN A BLOG, IT IS NEVER USEFUL, GOOD, OR EVEN HELPFUL.
Well Im not going to get into it. But I dont think you want to disagree with Paul Phillips, Gavin Griffin, Matt Matros, or other successful professionals.
Guest andibear
thank you
and he's fallen off the wagon.quit with the caps douchebag
I don't recall him saying this, but if he did he is wrong. Im not saying it should be done often, but there are times where it is correct.
Say you have A7, another person has 98 and the all in has KQ. If the flop misses you and weakly hits the 98 it would be beneficial to take that person out of the hand.It doesn't help often but there are circumstances where it's a good move. Plus it can get a number of people steamed at the same time, even people who weren't involved in the hand.
Guest andibear
Say you have A7, another person has 98 and the all in has KQ. If the flop misses you and weakly hits the 98 it would be beneficial to take that person out of the hand.It doesn't help often but there are circumstances where it's a good move. Plus it can get a number of people steamed at the same time, even people who weren't involved in the hand.
why wold it be beneficial if its the opportunity to take that person out of the tourney (especially if on the bubble) to bet the 98 out and miss and let the all in double up
your jk right?DN SAID IN A BLOG, IT IS NEVER USEFUL, GOOD, OR EVEN HELPFUL AND WHATEVER DN SAYS IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND I LOVE HIM AND HE IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER EVAAAAAAAARRRR AND I HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM AS MY AVATAR AND HE IS THE BEST PLAYER EVAAAAAAAR AND DN SAID IN A BLOG THAT IT IS NEVER USEFUL TO DRY SIDE POT BLUFF AND I BELIEVE HIM AND HE IS RIGHT AND I BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS AND I LIKE TO MAKE POLLS AND TYPE IN CAPS AND I AM BASICALLY A USELESS POS BUT I BELIEVE DN WHEN HE SAYS NEVER BLUFF INTO A DRY SIDE POT.
FYP
why wold it be beneficial if its the opportunity to take that person out of the tourney (especially if on the bubble) to bet the 98 out and miss and let the all in double up
A hi beats K hi.
your jk right?DN SAID IN A BLOG, IT IS NEVER USEFUL, GOOD, OR EVEN HELPFUL AND WHATEVER DN SAYS IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND I LOVE HIM AND HE IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER EVAAAAAAAARRRR AND I HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM AS MY AVATAR AND HE IS THE BEST PLAYER EVAAAAAAAR AND DN SAID IN A BLOG THAT IT IS NEVER USEFUL TO DRY SIDE POT BLUFF AND I BELIEVE HIM AND HE IS RIGHT AND I BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS AND I LIKE TO MAKE POLLS AND TYPE IN CAPS AND BOLD , AND I ALSO LIKE TO QUOTE, QUOTE, QUOTE!! I AM BASICALLY A USELESS POS BUT I BELIEVE DN WHEN HE SAYS NEVER BLUFF INTO A DRY SIDE POT.
FYP
Fixed it.
I was thinking more of a cash game but it can help in a tourney too.For example, if it's early in the tourney and losing the hand will leave you crippled. At that point survival would be more important than knocking out the all in and this move would be helpful.In a case like the example I made, against your ace high the all in has the worse hand going in. Even knocking the 98 out of the pot means you'll allow the all in to double up less than half the time. Obviously this isn't a good move in every circumstance but there are situations where it's valid.
your jk right?DN SAID IN A BLOG, IT IS NEVER USEFUL, GOOD, OR EVEN HELPFUL AND WHATEVER DN SAYS IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND I LOVE HIM AND HE IS MY FAVORITE PLAYER EVAAAAAAAARRRR AND I HAVE A PICTURE OF HIM AS MY AVATAR AND HE IS THE BEST PLAYER EVAAAAAAAR AND DN SAID IN A BLOG THAT IT IS NEVER USEFUL TO DRY SIDE POT BLUFF AND I BELIEVE HIM AND HE IS RIGHT AND I BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS AND I LIKE TO MAKE POLLS AND TYPE IN CAPS AND I AM BASICALLY A USELESS POS BUT I BELIEVE DN WHEN HE SAYS NEVER BLUFF INTO A DRY SIDE POT.
FYP
Hilarious.
Guest XXEddie
its easy to analyze a hand when you know all thew whole cardsbut ill be like you...you have A5player A has 88player B(allin) has 66flop is KQ7, you bet, player A foldsplayer B doubles up due to your stupidity
its easy to analyze a hand when you know all thew whole cardsbut ill be like you...you have A5player A has 88player B(allin) has 66flop is KQ7, you bet, player A foldsplayer B doubles up due to your stupidity
or it could go like thisyou have 88player A has 10 10player b (allin) has KQFlop comes A 2 5, you bet, player A folds. You win the pot because you bet.

I can think of a time it'd be beneficial..Blinds 400/800 with an ante of 100I have 15k in chips.I make it 3k from the button with AK, SB goes all in for 4k, BB smooth calls. All I can do is a call since the all in was not a full raise. 12k in the pot +1k for antes =13k. So after my preflop bet with AK, I have 12k, after the flop, you better believe I'm gonna take a shot at winning that 13k by trying to knock you out of the side pot, since picking up the main pot would give me 25k.

Say there are 200 people still left in the tourney. Who cares if the short stack doubled up? You still wouldnt have won the pot if you checked it down. Now that you bet and got the best hand to fold, you gave yourself a better chance to win the pot. WHICH IS ALL THAT MATTERS. The goal is to accumulate chips. This is one way to do it.Again, this is not a play that should be executed often. But it can be a good play. Although DN disagrees, many top pros think otherwise.