• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Popcorn?Beer?CHANGE THE F*ING SUBJECT PLEASE.Car talk was so yesterday.
BMW pushed Luna Rosa way past the lay-line and have taken the lead. Still close together on the first run.
BMW pushed Luna Rosa way past the lay-line and have taken the lead. Still close together on the first run.
I need to find out when this is gonna air. Are these races every 2 or 4 years? (America's Cup and all the Challenger series)
Wow, you sure like to be in control, eh?So if you're not involved in picking the colour of the interior and whether or not to go for the alloy rims somehow means that oz will steal all your money from you?? Wow. Explain it to me better. You know oz is gonna spend X amount...let's say it's up to $30K, that's his car BR. How does it make you irrresponsible if you don't go on every test drive? Or whether he's going for the Navy or Racing Green? As long as he's not blowing it on strippers and blow, WHY do you have to be involved in the minutae (look it up, AlIn)?Past the Oz/Dan are gay thing, I think the underlying problem is your control issue.
Way to get the point. It's a good thing you write for a living instead of read for one.Nobody's talking about going on every test drive. I'm talking about day to day conversations about which car to buy that include discussions of price and how we are going to pay for it. We're talking about being involved in a major financial discussion which is probably a good idea since I really have no idea where our paychecks go every 2 weeks.You know, sometimes you really can be an asshole.

blah blah blah, buythefuckinAccordalready, blah blah blah. Anyone see Heroes last night? Good stuff. Oh, so I'm playing in a little Micro Turbo 45 person SNG. First hand of the final table and puts me into the chip lead. I get dealt AA. Guy pushes all in to my right. obv I call. He flips over A 10. Flop: 3 4 5, all diamonds. Me holding the Ad. Turn 2d. I say fuck thinking we're splitting, then look again to notice that I now have a Straight Flush. GROOVY. So that guy goes away. So now, some donkey starts talking shit that wasn't in the hand, wasn't even at the table when the hand started, only got moved there when we went to final. Starts calling me a phag and shit, and this and that. So I take some jabs back at him, shut him up for a while. Low and behold, him and I HU. So he says something, and I ask him what the fuck his problem is, if he's bored in his hick ass town (no pun intended AlIn, his avatar on Stars was a deer head, that screams hick to me), so then he tells me to calm down. I let the play speak from there. Knocked him down to several hundred chips with A 10, and then he gets put all in on the SB, he shows 10 2, I show 10 3. I turn a boat, he rivers his smaller, weaker, losing boat and giving me the victory, the sweet sweet victory. That's what he gets for talkin shit. I know, no point, not funny, but it's what it is, and it's not about cars, sooooooooooooooo :club: me

I am soooooooo glad I am not a Nashville Predators fan.The team trades away 2 picks and 2 up and coming players for "the final piece" and then they proceed to go out in the first round. That GM has got to be getting lit up right now on every sport station in town. Of course seeing as how big hockey isn't, I figure no one gives a damn, but it makes me smile that the Flyers got the much better end of that deal.

Way to get the point. It's a good thing you write for a living instead of read for one.Nobody's talking about going on every test drive. I'm talking about day to day conversations about which car to buy that include discussions of price and how we are going to pay for it. We're talking about being involved in a major financial discussion which is probably a good idea since I really have no idea where our paychecks go every 2 weeks.You know, sometimes you really can be an asshole.
Yes, I know.But I though the details were worked out re: the car. You don't seem to have a problem with him buying it. You posted yesterday that a montly payment of $500-$600 wouldn't be a problem. So I don't understand why this issue is bothering you.It's oz's car. You've got the money. Any involvement more than polite nodding as he shows you the brochures is voluntary. I'm just surprised you haven't told oz the following, "Good luck with the car, honey. Lemme know what you decide to get and if you are looking for an opinion, i'd be more than happy to provide one when asked."When my wife is going purse shopping (an analogy you brought up yesterday), I don't feel the need to be involved in the purchase. As long as she's happy with it and it falls within a budget we've established together, I don't care what she gets.
I need to find out when this is gonna air. Are these races every 2 or 4 years? (America's Cup and all the Challenger series)
It’s supposed to be every three years but changing back and forth from the Southern and Northern hemispheres fucks with that schedule.It’s not going to be on TV in the US until the LV semi final .the second week of May.
It’s supposed to be every three years but changing back and forth from the Southern and Northern hemispheres fucks with that schedule.It’s not going to be on TV in the US until the LV semi final .the second week of May.
Sweet. I'll have to start paying attention to versus for commercials now. This is one of those off the beaten track sports that I love to watch.
Sweet. I'll have to start paying attention to versus for commercials now. This is one of those off the beaten track sports that I love to watch.
What a great race BMW just nips Luna Rosa by 5 seconds.
I am soooooooo glad I am not a Nashville Predators fan.The team trades away 2 picks and 2 up and coming players for "the final piece" and then they proceed to go out in the first round. That GM has got to be getting lit up right now on every sport station in town. Of course seeing as how big hockey isn't, I figure no one gives a damn, but it makes me smile that the Flyers got the much better end of that deal.
Nashville has a hockey team?Did they sign Forsberg to any long term deal? Or is he going to jump ship in July, maybe go back to Philly, if he's a free agent. What's your take on the next round?WestDetroit vs San JoseAnaheim vs VancouverEastBuffalo vs New York RangersNew Jersey vs Ottawa
Yes, I know.But I though the details were worked out re: the car. You don't seem to have a problem with him buying it. You posted yesterday that a montly payment of $500-$600 wouldn't be a problem. So I don't understand why this issue is bothering you.It's oz's car. You've got the money. Any involvement more than polite nodding as he shows you the brochures is voluntary. I'm just surprised you haven't told oz the following, "Good luck with the car, honey. Lemme know what you decide to get and if you are looking for an opinion, i'd be more than happy to provide one when asked."When my wife is going purse shopping (an analogy you brought up yesterday), I don't feel the need to be involved in the purchase. As long as she's happy with it and it falls within a budget we've established together, I don't care what she gets.
Alright, I will try this one more time but if this deteriorates into more name calling I will be right out.There is no issue bothering me other than I think it's silly that they can't both buy the same car. I think we all agree it's silly. However, if your best friend of 30 years said don't do it and was deadly serious about it, you probably wouldn't do it either. I have told him to buy whatever he wants. I have told him I don't care. The thing that is frustrating is that he keeps going on and on about how he has to have a car right now but then can't decide what he wants. And quite frankly, I'm tired of talking about cars. It's all fine and good that I keep saying buy whatever you want but I still end up talking about what to buy because he's talking about it. What should I do? Ignore him? Maybe that works for you, (or maybe that works for you, Norm) but it doesn't work in our relationship.I don't want to talk about cars, I don't want to shop for cars, I don't want to drive more cars. However, I do have to be there to make the deal because it is both of our money. It is both of our decision when it involves a major amount of money. If I'm not involved in decisions that involve sums of money that large then I deserve it if something ever happens and I'm left penniless. It will be my own fault for not being involved in our financial status. We have an agreement that I don't want to know about the day to day finances and Ozz is okay with that (bless his heart for doing it when I don't want to). I could not tell you, for instance, what our electric bill runs every month. I have no clue. But at the same time, I have to keep some kind of pulse on where our money is going. To do otherwise would be beyond irresponsible. I have no voice if I don't. And call it a control issue if you want (although you really could have been a little more tactful if that's the point you wanted to make) but I need a voice.And for Norm, I understand what you're saying but just bowing out and refusing to take part is not an option. That may work for you but that doesn't work in our relationship. It doesn't work for me. It doesn't fit how we live. Not every situation can be solved by what YOU would do because not everybody is YOU.
You didn't piss me off Ivan. I thought it was somewhat ironical that you asked for thoughts on the subject, when you already obviously have firm opinions in place. ....... so I just threw out a snide sarcastic comment. As the master of the snide and sarcastic comments......I thought you'd appreciate it. :club:
Sorry, Bunny dear. I didn't get it.
We had an article in our local paper a few days ago that said all that except that in the Seattle area those downturns didn't happen. We'll see.I have an exit interview form to fill out. Do you guys want to help? Maybe take the attention away from Renae and cars?

Random thoughts that just ran through my mind... I: The internet is huge. I wonder how many photo's are posted in the entire internet. 2: Meetings suck. There should be less meetings in the world. C: I wanna be Peter Patrelli. :club: : Do you think a single Ren tit would fit in the cup holder of a civic? Me neither. <>: Does anyone have a craving for Jello? Again, me neither. ><: The last girl on Deal or No Deal last night should have her voicebox removed. She was annoying. Or Howie should SIIHP and shut her the hell up. ?: I think they should run a swimsuit or Playboy spread of all the deal or no deal case hotties. Thank you. Carry on...

Random thoughts that just ran through my mind... I: The internet is huge. I wonder how many photo's are posted in the entire internet.2: Meetings suck. There should be less meetings in the world. C: I wanna be Peter Patrelli. :club: : Do you think a single Ren tit would fit in the cup holder of a civic? Me neither. <>: Does anyone have a craving for Jello? Again, me neither. ><: The last girl on Deal or No Deal last night should have her voicebox removed. She was annoying. Or Howie should SIIHP and shut her the hell up. ?: I think they should run a swimsuit or Playboy spread of all the deal or no deal case hotties. Thank you. Carry on...
I: Alot.2: Agree.C: Who? :D No.<>: Actually now I do. Jello shooters.><: Didn't see it. Annoying chicks should just shut the hell up.?: Agree. But we'll probably see them in Maxim or Stuff one day. But the could do a PPV Adults Only version. Instead briefcases, they could use boxes.Edit: Maxim already got them? Missed that issue too.dealnodeal-gm_l1.jpg
Nashville has a hockey team?Did they sign Forsberg to any long term deal? Or is he going to jump ship in July, maybe go back to Philly, if he's a free agent. What's your take on the next round?WestDetroit vs San JoseAnaheim vs VancouverEastBuffalo vs New York RangersNew Jersey vs Ottawa
No he will be an unrestricted FA come July 1. The main reason the Flyers traded him was because he could/would not commit to a new deal of any length because of his ankle issues. As much as I wanted him to come back next year, I don't think he would be a great fit anymore. This team found an idenity to itself once the trade happened and while they would certainly be a better team with him, long term I don't think it would be wise. There is also a chance he retires and signs with no one or goes back to Sweden.As for the next round, I think if Detroit is going to advance it falls on Hasek. I think San Jose is just a bit too deep for Detroit to match up real well defensivly. I think San Jose wins in 6 or 7.I'm gonna drink the Kool-Aid on the other series. Anaheim loses the first game due to the layoff and then win the series in no more then 6 games. Vancouver I think will just be too worn down and Anaheim is just too good.Both Buffalo and New York have been sitting around for a while and I think this is actually going to be a series where in Buffalo we are gonna see top line vs top line. I think if that is the case, Jagr gets shut down in those games and as long as the Sabres stay out of the box they should win this one. Look for them to be down after 3 games though I think Buffalo wins in 6I think Ottawa might have their act together finally, but I just think you can never bet against the New Jersey Devils and Martin Brodeur in the playoffs. I think the fact that New Jersey hasn't had too much time off is good for them. Look for all of these games to be decided by 1 goal (pending ENG) This is a series I think is won by the goaltenders, and I gotta go with Marty. New Jersey in 6.
I: Alot.2: Agree.C: Who? :club: No.<>: Actually now I do. Jello shooters.><: Didn't see it. Annoying chicks should just shut the hell up.?: Agree. But we'll probably see them in Maxim or Stuff one day. But the could do a PPV Adults Only version. Instead briefcases, they could use boxes.
Mmmm Jello shooters. Good call with Maxim or Stuff. I really like the idea of a PPV event. If Howard Stern ran this shit, it'd be done already! They could come out with Thongs and a belly shirt, instead of opening the case, they take off their shirt to reveal the amount painted on their titties! Booya.... Oh, and beer is good.