• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Yes you were, don't be afraid to take on these women!Maybe I am on my own with this one.I thought it would make for an interesting convo but it might end up being me vs the worldBy the way, in situations I have slept with a girl on the first date, I have NEVER taken that girl seriously enough to be very close to.
Okay, see that's the difference right there. You are judging a girl's intentions when really it's your own attitude clouding that.A lot of guys won't take a girl seriously if she gives it up too soon. It's unfortunate but it's a game you guys want to play. (And you talk about us playing head games?) But to put forth a generalization that if a girl sleeps with you on the first date, she's likely to cheat is a totally different situation than you expecting her to be a whore and never taking her seriously after that.We (women) sleep with you on different timetables for different reasons. Whether or not she will cheat on you later really has little relevance to the reasons we choose to sleep with you in the first place.I guess a generalization could be made for women who will sleep with you on the first date tend to be more promiscuous and therefore more likely to sleep with others quickly as well. But, that doesn't address your original statement. Once a relationship is established in which both parties agree that they are seeing each other exclusively, then whether or not she slept with you early on has very little bearing on what she will do in the future of that relationship. If, however, we're talking about a "just dating" scenario, then that is not "cheating" but rather promiscuity.So, are you saying I shouldn't offer up my body to you as soon as I see you if I want to keep you interested? :club:
70% of guys in relationships do or will cheat.FACTFACTFACTFACT
in 40 years, i've remained in the minority.I have NEVER cheated while in a relationship.Of course, i have helped committed women cheat...so meh...
I will tell you right now.Not many guys are turning down sex at any point.But for the girls I have really respected and really wanted to pursue I have resisted making that move on the first date.I know lots of guys who say the same thing
I think this is true a lot. If the guy considers the girl relationship material, they often won't risk getting over-aggressive on the first date and risk turning off the girl.If they see no future with her at all, the guy won't worry about it. Just take a shot. Either hit it or walk away.
I will tell you right now.Not many guys are turning down sex at any point.But for the girls I have really respected and really wanted to pursue I have resisted making that move on the first date.I know lots of guys who say the same thing
Hmmmm, this is interesting.(But then again, I've been known to be too vain.)
I think this is true a lot. If the guy considers the girl relationship material, they often won't risk getting over-aggressive on the first date and risk turning off the girl.If they see no future with her at all, the guy won't worry about it. Just take a shot. Either hit it or walk away.
Exactly.
Why are you making such sweeping generalizations.If you want a better hypothesis, start with this one:If you start a relationship with a person who is married...and eventually marry them...There is a greater chance they will be unfaithful to you.(notice the non-gender specificity)
This is true in a very general sense but not always.As I've said many many times, there are reasons people cheat and if those reasons don't exist in the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) relationship then the cheating will not occur.
This is true in a very general sense but not always.As I've said many many times, there are reasons people cheat and if those reasons don't exist in the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) relationship then the cheating will not occur.
Wasn't trying to imply it was universal. Just don't be surprised if the one you stole off another ends up cheating.
With due respect, your theory is assinine. Flight schedules are published well in advance. Most are the same each week. I wouldn't expect to see new, cheap flights. Again, sometimes, booking flights over 90 days out isn't a great idea, because airlines only expect to sell so many tickets prior to 90 days out, so fares change. I wouldn't worry too much yet, but I'd want to have the tix booked by the end of May if I were you.edit: btw, I know the use of assinine was a bit harsh there, but I just think it's a great word, and don't have the opportunity to use it often enough, so I threw it out here.
Assinine is a great word. I like using ludicrous, too.

Morning.I don't think what happens on a first date or first encounter has anything to do with anything else. Especially what may or may not happen some weeks, months, years, down the road.

Okay, see that's the difference right there. You are judging a girl's intentions when really it's your own attitude clouding that.A lot of guys won't take a girl seriously if she gives it up too soon. It's unfortunate but it's a game you guys want to play. (And you talk about us playing head games?) But to put forth a generalization that if a girl sleeps with you on the first date, she's likely to cheat is a totally different situation than you expecting her to be a whore and never taking her seriously after that.We (women) sleep with you on different timetables for different reasons. Whether or not she will cheat on you later really has little relevance to the reasons we choose to sleep with you in the first place.I guess a generalization could be made for women who will sleep with you on the first date tend to be more promiscuous and therefore more likely to sleep with others quickly as well. But, that doesn't address your original statement. Once a relationship is established in which both parties agree that they are seeing each other exclusively, then whether or not she slept with you early on has very little bearing on what she will do in the future of that relationship. If, however, we're talking about a "just dating" scenario, then that is not "cheating" but rather promiscuity.So, are you saying I shouldn't offer up my body to you as soon as I see you if I want to keep you interested? :club:
Umm there is a lot in that and I can't edit it down how I want, so it all stays.What would be the definition of a date I guess is what I'm getting stuck on....If I ask someone out for dinner or whatever, that would be a date to me (and probably most people). Maybe it's just me, but I think I would be thrown for a loop if the oppurtunity evern presented itself on the first date. Maybe I'm just weird. What would I think though? Probably holy shit_she moves quickly. As for cheating or what not, it would probably be the furthest thing from my mind.I don't think sleeping on the first date means too much in terms of cheating. Although anymore who really knows. *shrug*

If the other guys here won't own up to it now, I can speak for myself and hundreds of guys I have spoken to over the years.Generally, if a guy ****s you on the first date without already knowing you pretty well, he has no interest in taking you seriously.

The one band Jeff's stupid list is missing...Flogging MollyOh yeah, and U2 blows.
I'm listening to the Dropkick Murphys. Ok, they're actually from Boston but they count. It's weird, I know U2 is Irish but I don't really think of them as an Irish band.I will also be listening to Carbon Leaf today. They're not even remotely Irish (from Virginia) but I'm convinced that they have Irish roots because they really have that sound. Also one of the best live bands I've ever seen.
If the other guys here won't own up to it now, I can speak for myself and hundreds of guys I have spoken to over the years.Generally, if a guy ****s you on the first date without already knowing you pretty well, he has no interest in taking you seriously.
I don't think this statement is true at all.I've ****ed on the first date and have it turn into a relationship.I've ****ed on the first date and had it go nowhere.In neither case were my future intentions governing my actions.
Why are you making such sweeping generalizations.
These are a little unfair. No generalization is going to be true in all cases.I've slept with women on the first date and had them cheat on me.I've had women not sleep with me on the first few dates and also cheat on me.
That is NOT fact.. that is just you
That is not just me.If it were my claim, I would say the #s are higher.There was a study on cheating done, I forget the name of it but will find it.Anyway millions of people were anonymously polled, and the % of men who have or would cheat was 70%.I learned that in a Sociology class ;)so there~!