FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

I'm off work today and looking for a new place to live. If any of you have ever lived in a small town that doesn't have very many apartments, then you know that the only affordable housing seems to be mobile homes/trailers/manufactured housing/off-site built house....I don't want to live in a house with wheels.
It's not just an RV, it's a car I can go to the bathroom in
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

I'm off work today and looking for a new place to live. If any of you have ever lived in a small town that doesn't have very many apartments, then you know that the only affordable housing seems to be mobile homes/trailers/manufactured housing/off-site built house....I don't want to live in a house with wheels.
Indy is full to bursting with condos, apartments, and townhomes. You can get an apartment around here for about 500 a month if you want a one bedroom. Sometimes cheaper. What I'm saying, Gary, is MOVE HERE!
Or SF, $1150 for my 1 bedroom
I could be paying $1100 for a 1 bedroom here if I lived in a nice apartment that maybe offered an amenity or 2 lolI pay $825 and have NOTHING not even a dishwasher or a kitchen that can fit 2 people in at the same time lol
Random post...I was reading through the old thread looking for something I posted to prove to myself I was right about a disagreement I had with someone earlier in the new thread.Anyway has anyone looked at the old thread since the software switch. All the quoting is hosed and it is pretty much unreadable now. Just wanted to point that out for no real reason.
Yeah it sucks, I said something about it last week. Some of the pics in the old thread in relation to the conversations were priceless.
Indy is full to bursting with condos, apartments, and townhomes. You can get an apartment around here for about 500 a month if you want a one bedroom. Sometimes cheaper. What I'm saying, Gary, is MOVE HERE!
Originally Chris was going to move to Indy from New Zealand to stay with his Grandma until he got a job etc.. and I was going to see if I liked it there enough to move there.. Too bad now that I didn't :club:
I downloaded Winamp to hear Johns very last sentence before all the other chatter lol
He has another game either tomorrow or Saturday. I don't remember which but who won todays had bearing on the schedule.
Or SF, $1150 for my 1 bedroom
Dear Michael,Please move to Indy. You and Gary could buy the house across the street. 3 bedroom ranch with more than 1/2 and acre for 120,000. That would rock! If Alan needs to flee the state and change his identity to avoid prosecution, he could come too. That would double rock!Nik
WOW that'd be cool. Cheapest thing here is around 850 for a 2 bedroom home. I do not want to rent and have to mow the fauking lawn!All I want is a 1-2 bedroom with a washer/dryer, dishwasher and covered parking for Lucy. (and no Roaches) The three apartment buildings here are reserved for low-income folks. I wonder if I would qualify...
I could be paying $1100 for a 1 bedroom here if I lived in a nice apartment that maybe offered an amenity or 2 lolI pay $825 and have NOTHING not even a dishwasher or a kitchen that can fit 2 people in at the same time lol
My Kitchen.. what there is to it.. Apart7.JPG
Come home Glengary.
Originally Chris was going to move to Indy from New Zealand to stay with his Grandma until he got a job etc.. and I was going to see if I liked it there enough to move there.. Too bad now that I didn't :club:
Never too late to change your mind. The cost of living is cheap here.
Dear Michael,Please move to Indy. You and Gary could buy the house across the street. 3 bedroom ranch with more than 1/2 and acre for 120,000. That would rock! If Alan needs to flee the state and change his identity to avoid prosecution, he could come too. That would double rock!Nik
hmmmm....I'm looking for new accomodations...
3 bedroom ranch with more than 1/2 and acre for 120,000.
I know this was aimed at McPogue, but 120K... holy ****ing shit! I know housing prices are all relative and Michael would love to find a house in SF for what the houses go for here, but around here, you can buy a trailer for 120k. What you just described would be at least 250K.
Never too late to change your mind. The cost of living is cheap here.
Thought about it a million times, but now that he nailed a government job and I would probably have to take a large pay cut and hope there is a shipping line in Indy which Im sure are few and far between.. it would be hard :club:
I wear v-neck shirts, this is a v-neck I got on. My neck is so fragile man, I can't wear a regular neck shirt, it hurts. And I especially hate turtle necks. Wearing a turtle neck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Like if you wear a turtle neck and a backpack it's like a weak midget is trying to bring you down.
Who did you steal this routine from? It's semi-amusing. Can't be yours.
Not sure if I've said this yet or not, but I'm driving a BIG Ford F150 with a FULL cab this week
Funny story, most know I drive a white Ford Expedition, and when I picked Whiskey up at his hotel, I guess I parked next to a newer model white expedition, by 4 years probably. Mine is a 99, the one I parked next to looked brand new. (Mine is in great shape, but still) and whiskey tried to get into the new one, and I had to correct him, "no, the older piece of shit". I love my truck. That is all
WTF????? I looked at a refrigerator box the other day that cost more than that. $120k, for 1/2 an acre. . No property value whatsoever huh? Or is FL that out of whack?I hate when my posts don't get quoted and responded to.
I know this was aimed at McPogue, but 120K... holy ****ing shit! I know housing prices are all relative and Michael would love to find a house in SF for what the houses go for here, but around here, you can buy a trailer for 120k. What you just described would be at least 250K.
Ditto, at least 300K in a "liveable" part of Denver.... :club: I thought you could only get prices like that in Oklahoma, or Arkansas...